The Official Banter Away Thread

Nice to see GG playing sim golf and being even par through 3

And it's time to clock out and be on my way. Goodbye work for see you on the 25th.

Member/Guest tourney this morning at the club. Looks like we might have a small shower pass thru but beautiful weather otherwise. Temps in the low 70’s and 5-7mph winds all day. Great way to start vacation off.

Golf tourney tomorrow here in KS, travel on Monday to Black River Falls WI. Rented a nice cabin along the river for some fishing and tubing and couple days of golf.
One of my favorite trips was to Black River Falls to go 4 Wheeling with my wife's uncles and Grandpa. They have a great trail system out there, I really need to make that happen again.

Nice to see GG playing sim golf and being even par through 3
Sounds like a great way to spend time together!

It’s in the high 60’s this morning. Is that too cold to play? It’s been so long I can’t remember. No worries, it’ll heat up pretty quick.

Club championship in one week. I am entered, my first time. I am not really sure how to prepare. My sense is to focus on putting and chipping, dialing in touch on the current course conditions. Swing is what it is, just keep tempo. Strategy wise I have 3 holes that tend to give me trouble. I need to shake that off and see those holes as opportunities. I don’t have that plan figured out yet. 😅

I miss my Cobra F7 3-4W. I used to hit that great. I regret trading it in. I should have gone all-Henrik and kept that in the bag for a long time.

My reaction score eclipsed 1000! Sweet!

The latest California fire, the river fire is a little close for comfort. About 10 miles from our house. A little closer to one of my friends house though
7685FA1C-3893-4B72-924A-91041EC42E3A.jpeg

Arrived in Black River falls at our cabin after a 12 hour day. No TV, spotty cell service. Going to be a good week to just unwind.
72DE7D00-1206-43A7-8ECF-47BE9C820BC8.jpeg72DE7D00-1206-43A7-8ECF-47BE9C820BC8.jpeg

The latest California fire, the river fire is a little close for comfort. About 10 miles from our house. A little closer to one of my friends house though
View attachment 8958468
Damn, hope they get/got it under control to minimize damage and destruction

Arrived in Black River falls at our cabin after a 12 hour day. No TV, spotty cell service. Going to be a good week to just unwind.
View attachment 8958549View attachment 8958549
That looks like a dream! I’ve got one of those trips planned for next weekend. I think the cabin has cell service now, but the phone will stay in the cabin while I’m down at the lake doing absolutely nothing!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love release season.

Played my first scramble tourney of the year yesterday. Shot 9 under and lost by 9 strokes. Good times. :D

I got a kick out of our 2nd session of our mens league. With every one of the other teams we played, one or both of our competitors had a best round of the year. We started telling other teams that was our trend and encouraged them. Not the best winning strategy, but I really enjoyed that. Last nights pairing had 20+ strokes on us. Their smiles at end as the scores were tallied was the best win of the year.

Wake up and step out on the front porch
B5C0B601-480A-4401-B23C-080EF64C37E5.jpeg

Played my first scramble tourney of the year yesterday. Shot 9 under and lost by 9 strokes. Good times. :D
Have you seen the new release pencils? Could lower your score by at least two stokes. I suggest going in for a pencil fitting before your next scramble.

Back