The Official Banter Away Thread

36* this morning.

36* this morning.
My car shouted at me this morning whilst I was driving to work - when the external temperature drops to 4°C it flashes on the dash and sounds an alert as a warning
When I left home just before 8am it was only 6°C according to the car

Hope that doesn't mean it is going to start getting colder than it already is :(

I'm already in vacation mode, I have no interest in work or anything else besides my kids this weekend

My car shouted at me this morning whilst I was driving to work - when the external temperature drops to 4°C it flashes on the dash and sounds an alert as a warning

Hope that doesn't mean it is going to start getting colder than it already is :(
Ice worry?

Hmmmm. Play when its clear, sunny, no wind but colder ( 50 deg ) or clear, sunny, windy and warmer ( 60 deg ). Decisions.

Hmmmm. Play when its clear, sunny, no wind but colder ( 50 deg ) or clear, sunny, windy and warmer ( 60 deg ). Decisions.
I'd rather have the no wind.

I get that warning too on my car, the beep is the annoying thing though as it makes me thing there is a proper issue to deal with

How strong is the wind? Either wouldn't really bother me, but if the wind was too strong I would lean towards no wind if possible

I get that warning too on my car, the beep is the annoying thing though as it makes me thing there is a proper issue to deal with
Haha, yeah I know - I have had some cars in the past that gave audible warnings for a few things so it took a little while to realise what they were sometimes

The thing that is a little annoying (but is also a blessing in some ways) on my current car is the spanner icon that appears on the dash as that is usually the warning for an issue, but it also displays when the screen wash gets low as well, which is useful as it holds so much that it seems to take forever before it gets down to nearly empty
The in-car computer system has a section that you go to when a warning icon appears and it tells you exactly why it has appeared

Haha, yeah I know - I have had some cars in the past that gave audible warnings for a few things so it took a little while to realise what they were sometimes

The thing that is a little annoying (but is also a blessing in some ways) on my current car is the spanner icon that appears on the dash as that is usually the warning for an issue, but it also displays when the screen wash gets low as well, which is useful as it holds so much that it seems to take forever before it gets down to nearly empty
The in-car computer system has a section that you go to when a warning icon appears and it tells you exactly why it has appeared

Ours is the same, but we have an Exclamation mark in a triangle, so if you didn't see the original warning appear you have to go to the Vehicle Info screen and see what needs addressing

How strong is the wind? Either wouldn't really bother me, but if the wind was too strong I would lean towards no wind if possible
10 - 15 mph gusts.

You call that windy? That is but a slight breeze here in the UK

Paging @HarlettoScara :ROFLMAO:
I am saying absolutely nothing :LOL: I consider it a slight breeze if I can still hold onto my brolly without it getting blown inside out haha

I am saying absolutely nothing :LOL: I consider it a slight breeze if I can still hold onto my brolly without it getting blown inside out haha

Now we get to hear about it blowing a hoolie, don't we? :ROFLMAO:

Why is it so ******* cold already? :mad:

Why is it so ******* cold already? :mad:

It's too early in the season (fall just started) to be talking about the cold. It was almost 80 last weekend when I played. This weekend it looks like the low to middle 50s.

It's too early in the season (fall just started) to be talking about the cold. It was almost 80 last weekend when I played. This weekend it looks like the low to middle 50s.
40 freaking 1 this morning 41:oops:!!

40 freaking 1 this morning 41:oops:!!
If my calculations are correct, that is similar to what I had this morning when I left home, but I guess here in the UK I am used to it at this time of year

If my calculations are correct, that is similar to what I had this morning when I left home, but I guess here in the UK I am used to it at this time of year
It was 80 last weekend :rolleyes: and now this. I'm just tired of skipping fall and going right to winter its a shock to they system. Then 90's next week in Vegas haha

It was 80 last weekend :rolleyes: and now this. I'm just tired of skipping fall and going right to winter its a shock to they system. Then 90's next week in Vegas haha
Yeah, I guess that is a bit of a change in temperature

It was 43 this morning when I walked Arrow. I had to put a sweater on him.
Well you don't have to worry about it being too hot anymore haha

Back