The Official Banter Away Thread

It has been so nice to get back to a somewhat normal schedule this week. I have even cooked dinner every night, which has been great. I really have missed a home cooked meal.

I am apparently still not caught up on sleep though, because every day around 3pm my body completely shuts down and I have to take a nap. I get a screaming headache and have to close my eyes to block out the light. Hopefully that passes after a normal schedule this week, and then I can really be back to normal next week.

Does anyone remember these? I was just having a conversation with about root beer and it made me think of these. My mom always had a candy dish filled with these root beer barrel candies.

View attachment 8910828

My grandfather’s favorite candy. He always had a bag at home. Now that I see them, I kind of want one or two. Definitely one of those candies you need to be in the mood for ( to me at least)

My grandfather’s favorite candy. He always had a bag at home. Now that I see them, I kind of want one or two. Definitely one of those candies you need to be in the mood for ( to me at least)

Totally agree, you definitely have to be in the mood for them. I bet I haven’t have one in close to 20 years.

Cmon CA. Deciding when you can have power? Gross.

Sounds like a ploy to get people to spend on solar and going green. ?

This is a ploy for sure.... but not to buy solar.... in my opinion.... its a message to those who held PG&E criminally liable for the Camp fire that torched the town of Paradise in 2018. I think the fire damage was something like $16 billion and was caused by a transformer failure out in the middle of nowhere when winds picked up. I'm sure others have differing opinions, but it were up to me I'd make it a requirement everywhere its feasible to put power lines underground.... sure the cost would be astronomical but anytime there is a disaster.... anywhere.... what is the first thing they talk about.... power outages due to downed power lines.

This is a ploy for sure.... but not to buy solar.... in my opinion.... its a message to those who held PG&E criminally liable for the Camp fire that torched the town of Paradise in 2018. I think the fire damage was something like $16 billion and was caused by a transformer failure out in the middle of nowhere when winds picked up. I'm sure others have differing opinions, but it were up to me I'd make it a requirement everywhere its feasible to put power lines underground.... sure the cost would be astronomical but anytime there is a disaster.... anywhere.... what is the first thing they talk about.... power outages due to downed power lines.

Glad they are by us for sure.

solar sounds expensive and a lot of work haha
Looked into solar a couple years ago and honestly would have done it but the technology still is t quite what it needs to be.... the array needed to power a normal house is fairly large, meaning a lot of roof is needed facing south southwest and the efficiency of the panels is less than stellar. As tech improves in the next few years I’ll revisit if I’m still living in Cali...

@GolferGal it is still more than 2 months to Christmas.....how can you have a festive mood already?!?!?!? :LOL:

Someone say Thanksgiving?

the reason my big butt is trying to drop some pounds before the back to back holiday hammer...with two birthdays in between. Hahaha

the reason my big butt is trying to drop some pounds before the back to back holiday hammer...with two birthdays in between. Hahaha

Preach!
Thanksgiving.....
New Baby......
Christmas.....
New Years......

Should be be comin into 2020 like a fully loaded freight train!

Preach!
Thanksgiving.....
New Baby......
Christmas.....
New Years......

Should be be comin into 2020 like a fully loaded freight train!
Yup. Now have twins in there. Hahahahaha!

The struggle is real. I ran the **** out of one of my golfers for poking my belly the other day....then promptly got back on my intermittent fasting hahahahaha

Yeah I need to get on that train.

Mine has said festive for days because I keep saying I am going to put out my fall decorations, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. So I will stay festive until it's done.

@GolferGal it is still more than 2 months to Christmas.....how can you have a festive mood already?!?!?!? :LOL:

See above, that was written in the Moods thread.

I’m on day 3 of being home with the kids due to us all having the flu. While I lament the circumstances and feeling like I was hit by a truck, I have really enjoyed spending the extended time with them. I have been full throttle at work the last few months, and I think this is life’s way of reminding me to balance some home time as well.

We have completed LEGO sets that were hanging around, read books, and have done some cooking together. They even got to watch some Friends episodes (which are not age appropriate, as I now know), including the classic PIVOT! couch moving episode.

I missed that post, but also forgot you guys have Thanksgiving as well

We sure do. I love this time of year, and I love decorating the house with fun fall stuff and then the day after Thanksgiving I switch to my Christmas/Holiday stuff. My mom keeps sending me Chanukah decorations so I will at least remember my heritage haha.

I'm into it though haha.

All the Christmas feels.

I love it too!

STOP IT. It's not even Thanksgiving yet!

It’s not even Halloween yet!

Costco already has their Christmas decorations out. It’s not okay.

The mornings aren't as hot, that means we can start to celebrate fall, who cares if it's not Halloween yet. And Costco having Christmas stuff makes me so happy. I love that time of year.

Back