The Official Banter Away Thread

I like mail. I like sending things and receiving things. Mail is fun!

Was able to get to the chiropractor today, back will feel better in the morning.

Going to be in the high 60s here later this week. I'm trying to free up my schedule for a Friday tee time.

Okay then. 47*, winds NE@20 but we are golfing in our day off. This should be fun. Me, @shanewu and his dad Bill. LFG
I wish it had gotten that warm! :ROFLMAO: Okay so the air temp was saying 46 or 47 but the wind chill was still 38 when we finished.

Today was downright depressing.

Work is annoying, communication is stupid. When an administrative function of the business thinks you work for them, that is downright laughable

So, going to the local golf store tomorrow to get a driver re-gripped. The challenge will be resisting the urge to upgrade my 5w and get myself in hot water :whistle: :devilish:

When an administrative function of the business thinks you work for them, that is downright laughable
I one time had an administrative type annoy me so greatly I told them "You do understand that what I do makes money for the company, whereas you are purely overhead, right?"

I do not miss the job one iota.

This is a COVID banter away.. ugh.

This morning, on a conference call, we were made aware that someone in our local office and another office tested positive for COVID. Nothing else was said, but obviously folks started wondering.

Word starts spreading on who it is, so people are starting to realize they were in contact with that person directly.. well, our corporate sent an email to management and said that the only people that need to be tested are the ones that were in direct contact with him for more than 15 minutes at once and closer than 6 feet. They seemed to think since he was on vacation the week prior, it’s not a big deal cause he didn’t contract it at work. Obviously, people don’t take to kindly to that and our management team cannot figure out why people are furious about them not enforcing the mask thing, not telling the folks directly that they had been in contact with a person who tested positive and simply trying to keep important details under wrap.

Also, We currently have two people that are dealing with “sinus infections”, both were in direct contact with him prior to his vacation and both workers are not too happy. But again, corporate says they are following protocols that only if you’ve been in contact more than 15 minutes at once and he didn’t technically have the positive test while in the office.

This could get interesting if more positive tests start happening.

I love building things. I also love power tools.

This project is BIG, but **** it’s fun.

small rant in the scheme of things, but my first round in 2 months was cut short because of rain. and tomorrow there is more rain forecasted right when i’m supposed to do my callaway fitting.

small rant in the scheme of things, but my first round in 2 months was cut short because of rain. and tomorrow there is more rain forecasted right when i’m supposed to do my callaway fitting.
We need to get out soon, the PXG bag will be complete this week and I should be all healed up by the weekend if I don't do anything stupid and bust these stitches open.

So, we kept hearing someone outside our dining room window saying “get, get” and we were wondering what the heck it was. It was my nextdoor neighbor outside on our driveway with a BB gun shooting at the wild turkeys because they just wrecked his flower beds. Welcome to the south, haha.

So, we kept hearing someone outside our dining room window saying “get, get” and we were wondering what the heck it was. It was my nextdoor neighbor outside on our driveway with a BB gun shooting at the wild turkeys because they just wrecked his flower beds. Welcome to the south, haha.
That’s funny. 😂

1. It was very nice to see the sun and blue sky today
2. It was not nice throwing out my back at work

Bozeman continues to be the fastest growing micropolitan area in the US. There are some amenity perks and our economic base and startups are diverse and robust. But the pace of change and new development everywhere can be overwhelming. I am additionally stunned by the influx of wealth, from full time to seasonal residents to tourists. It’s nuts! Most homes now sell for over asking price cash, and our median home price is now at $600K and continuing to rise quickly.

Tragedy will always put things into perspective. A good friend after not feeling well goes to the hospital and a blood clot traveled from his lungs to his heart causing a massive heart attack and passing. Only 52 and having the same age children as mine you realize how important every day matters.

Today might feel like the worse is never going to end, but as long as you have loved ones and friends you are never alone.

Damn thats terrible fuffle, sorry for your loss.

Its a reminder to make the most of every day

You could try to hang a few of these around your yard:

1603300145833.png

Back