The Official Banter Away Thread

Ugh. We are in for an early cold spell smack down. Forecast is for -2F Sat night and -12F Sun. Highs in the teens both days. We will be back into the mid 40's for highs the following week. But this weekend will be a shock.

The turkey's were apparently not scared off by the BB gun, because they were back again this morning on my walk with Arrow. They actually created a roadblock for us, we had to stop and wait for them all to cross the street.

View attachment 8970365

what Is the next step since the BB gun didn’t work? Animal
Control?

what Is the next step since the BB gun didn’t work? Animal
Control?

Nothing really, although my neighbor said he is going to get a stronger BB fun and shoot them from his 2nd story window so they won't even see him coming. There is a giant pasture behind the houses across the street from us and it has tons of horses, deer and apparently turkeys, so there is really nothing we can do. I have been told they are just common around here and they wreck havoc on your yard.

Nothing really, although my neighbor said he is going to get a stronger BB fun and shoot them from his 2nd story window so they won't even see him coming. There is a giant pasture behind the houses across the street from us and it has tons of horses, deer and apparently turkeys, so there is really nothing we can do. I have been told they are just common around here and they wreck havoc on your yard.

Thanksgiving is coming up, save a trip to the store and thin the herd? A bag and a butcher knife should do the trick :ROFLMAO:

Thanksgiving is coming up, save a trip to the store and thin the herd? A bag and a butcher knife should do the trick :ROFLMAO:

My neighbor is a hunter so he joked about that. I told him I need him to clean it up for me though because I really only use the breast, he can keep the rest.

We had to start making another ground pile for corn, almost 100,000 bu on the ground in this pile.

We had to start making another ground pile for corn, almost 100,000 bu on the ground in this pile.
Call me a problem solver, you have to much corn and @GolferGal has a turkey infestation...:cool:

Read my mind. I was thinking about a shotgun.

My neighbor is a hunter so he joked about that. I told him I need him to clean it up for me though because I really only use the breast, he can keep the rest.

You're so generous! The only part of a wild turkey worth eating is the breast! Those birds walk 10-15 miles a day, and the legs, the "drumsticks", are incredibly tough. In fact, I'm not a big fan of them from a domestic bird!

And it's easy to get the breast off. First wild turkey I ever shot, I figured it out myself, pheasant and quail hunting providing a primer on avian physiology.

I bought an arm lock Odyssey double wide, and my son is in quarantine at college due to contact tracing.

2 things I never thought I would say 7 months ago.

Whats the reason - good yield this year or bad market?

We had turkey crossing signs on my road growing up and they were a great warning. And one silly dumb friend of mine asked how they learned to cross at the signs. I never corrected him because that kind of stupidity needs to be cultivated and nurtured

Tough Mudder Philly 2021 is on! Let’s gooo! Need to start training...

We had turkey crossing signs on my road growing up and they were a great warning. And one silly dumb friend of mine asked how they learned to cross at the signs. I never corrected him because that kind of stupidity needs to be cultivated and nurtured

I mean, it can't be as bad as this right?

Jamaican patties are perfect for any meal or snack.

I mean, it can't be as bad as this right?

Dear god I hope that was a prank call or a skit of some type. I’d be more worried about her driving a car around rather than the deer.

Dear god I hope that was a prank call or a skit of some type. I’d be more worried about her driving a car around rather than the deer.
Unfortunately doesn't seem like it was a prank, and 'worst part' is theres probably offspring with those genes

There's actually a follow call she did with the station, she was laughing at herself.. but hey we all have those moments :ROFLMAO:

Just posting that Shaft Up is coming back got me excited.

I dunno why you have to share our private conversations

Back