The Official Banter Away Thread

Damn @pkorfthats terrible, but hopefully she gets quality care there and pulls through

Yes sir. There is and was a method to our madness :ROFLMAO:
Same here. This move is the action of an economic refugee. FL was an easy choice for several reasons including; housing, taxes, golf, weather, cost of living, job location freedom, etc. I decided to replace blue policies with blue hairs. 😀 FL is the a near-term decision. We’ll see what the future holds. Mountains are part of the next move so WY and TN are serious candidates.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Same here. This move is the action of an economic refugee. FL was an easy choice for several reasons including; housing, taxes, golf, weather, cost of living, job location freedom, etc. I decided to replace blue policies with blue hairs. FL is the a near-term decision. We’ll see what the future holds. Mountains are part of the next move so WY and TN are serious candidates.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope you don’t have any West coast travel next year! LOL.

Hope you don’t have any West coast travel next year! LOL.
Tampa -> San Fran via Atlanta...that should only take 8 or 9 hours door to door. Ugh!!! It will be interesting to see if business travel returns in the 2nd half of 2021. We're not expecting much in the first half of 2021.

Tampa -> San Fran via Atlanta...that should only take 8 or 9 hours door to door. Ugh!!! It will be interesting to see if business travel returns in the 2nd half of 2021. We're not expecting much in the first half of 2021.
Are you near Tampa? My niece is just north of Tampa (Port Richie) and we stop there when I visit my sister in The Villages.

I'm not going to put this in the "rant of the day" thread because it's not really a rant per se; suffice to say it's a good thing that I'm not a rag doll save for the multiple directions I was pulled in today, all the stuffing would have been on the ground. It got real interesting once the bosses started arguing to see who was going to get me at their site tomorrow:unsure:

Are you near Tampa? My niece is just north of Tampa (Port Richie) and we stop there when I visit my sister in The Villages.

South of Tampa / Port Charlotte.

I couple weeks ago I expressed the thought I'd probably hold off buying any more golf gear this season, being as the season was nearly over and I thought it would be best to see if my love of the game endured a 4-5 month enforced hiatus. Another member wrote (paraphrased) "Oh, I think you're sticking with it."

Well, I find myself a bit sad golf seems to be done for the season around here, already anxiously awaiting April, looking for a variety of places to at least hit balls until spring arrives, and thinking about how to set up mat and net in the garage. I bought $50 worth of golf balls week-before-last, and nearly $500 worth of clubs in the last week. I'm now sitting here looking at my bag thinking "Well, I can at least clean my clubs..."

Yeah: I'm probably sticking with this.

So perhaps need to start thinking about removing the "Maybe" from my screen name :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
@JB @GolferGal

with the thanksgiving feast thread, I definitely think there needs to be a

🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤 or 😋 😋😋😋😋😋😋😋

reaction

i think we can agree it’s better than the other one that was suggested 😂

F52E7ED6-FC24-49EB-9BEA-8242494E1EA5.jpeg

Good afternoon everyone.
Got our friends moved from their little apartment to a small house.
Just got home from having lunch with mom since she didn't want to travel out today. (stupid cover)
Time to relax and finish cooking our dinner for the wife and I. If I don't stop eating pie I might not have room for dinner.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Good afternoon everyone.
Just got home from having lunch with mom since she didn't want to travel out today. (stupid cover)
Time to relax and finish cooking our dinner for the wife and I. If I don't stop eating pie I might not have room for dinner.

Busy day bud, enjoy that meal and pie

Good afternoon everyone.
Pie can qualify as dinner, trust me! 😎

Update to previous post.... family still out cold.... one of my son’s is asleep on the couch and just now turned over.... wish I could sleep like that!

Update to previous post.... family still out cold.... one of my son’s is asleep on the couch and just now turned over.... wish I could sleep like that!

I wanted to do that after dinner, but we have my almost 2 year old nephew here and he is a ball of energy. But it’s been amazing having him here, I just love him so much.

my kid apparently didn't eat enough turkey hahaha #Fireball

Whew that was a rough 80 minute drive after stuffing my face full of Thanksgiving goodness.

In the "What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?" thread, @RealPretendPsychic had e-scribed...
Spent my lunch break ball parking the cost of a sim shed so I could tell my wife what she’s gotten herself into (5-10 years from now).
Which got me to thinking: I wonder if it's yet occurred to my wife that her coming up with the idea of me acquiring a departed friend's golf clubs, when all I originally wanted was an affordable 7-iron to pitch some balls into the woods out back, very likely precipitated my jumping in with both feet? :ROFLMAO:

Conversely: I might have gotten here, anyway, and that saved me a few hundred bucks on a full set of irons :unsure:

In the "What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?" thread, @RealPretendPsychic had e-scribed...

Which got me to thinking: I wonder if it's yet occurred to my wife that her coming up with the idea of me acquiring a departed friend's golf clubs, when all I originally wanted was an affordable 7-iron to pitch some balls into the woods out back, very likely precipitated my jumping in with both feet? :ROFLMAO:

Conversely: I might have gotten here, anyway, and that saved me a few hundred bucks on a full set of irons :unsure:
I always tell her it’s better than a gambling addiction! What I don’t tell her is that every golf purchase is a gamble that it’ll make me play better 😆

And I like the name change! Maybe Duffer definitely doesn’t apply anymore 😆

Back