The Official Banter Away Thread

English needs more words to describe emotion. I’m sure the German have a word for how I’m feeling this morning but I’m not sure about an English analog.

PS - I just want to golf.

Fall Break, with decent weather, I think it’s a trap.

On a brighter note, I am in full on Thanksgiving mode now. Starting to get really excited!!

We settled on our menu last night. Then started talking Christmas plans

Local course is setting up a winter league with an indoor hitting area and a new Trackman. Getting the Trackman was a big deal for them. I'm stoked. Texting some friends to see if there is interest in joining me as a team.

I also just setup a playing lesson on Thurs with my PGA buddy. I want to put my swing and game in action and get feedback there versus another session on the range. I think I've started to consistently make the swing changes he has pushed for, so this feels like the next step. I really like him as an instructor and golf buddy.

perfect opportunity to rock your yoga pants

English needs more words to describe emotion. I’m sure the German have a word for how I’m feeling this morning but I’m not sure about an English analog.

PS - I just want to golf.

I dunno about all that, but THP has a mood for it

I do again currently have Sinatra on vinyl playing through the house though. Makes my heart happy. Timeless music.

I’m still working on my menu. I want a new carrot recipe and a new Brussels sprouts recipe.

please share the brussel sprouts recipe when you land on one, the only side we didn’t decide was a green vegetable and we both like brussel sprouts

I’m still working on my menu. I want a new carrot recipe and a new Brussels sprouts recipe.
Brussels sprouts rule.

Must have honey, balsamic, and bacon....lots of bacon.

please share the brussel sprouts recipe when you land on one, the only side we didn’t decide was a green vegetable and we both like brussel sprouts

I definitely will.

Brussels sprouts rule.

It definitely has to have bacon. Those two go together so well.

The last couple of years I have done a Brussels sprouts gratin which is always good but it’s so rich and with so much rich stuff already I want to do something different with less cream haha.

I definitely will.

It definitely has to have bacon. Those two go together so well.

The last couple of years I have done a Brussels sprouts gratin which is always good but it’s so rich and with so much rich stuff already I want to do something different with less cream haha.

We use a really solid instant pot recipe, it’s all about what texture you like in them thiugh!

We use a really solid instant pot recipe, it’s all about what texture you like in them thiugh!

Recipe please. :)

My biggest thing is I’m trying to find a make ahead recipe. The more I can make the day before and just heat up the better.

Recipe please. :)

My biggest thing is I’m trying to find a make ahead recipe. The more I can make the day before and just heat up the better.
That’s what we do with this, big batch, Easy to reheat and still good. I’ll find it tonight!

Amazing how much difference a new router makes. Work internet has been sketchy as best as of late but troubleshooted to figure out router was old and broken. After spending most of the afternoon getting everything back up and running internet is blazing fast. Hooray! :D

please share the brussel sprouts recipe

Roasted. Always Roasted. if you cook them on a stove top, a glass pan is your friend.

Brussels sprouts rule.

do they really rule, if they need that much other stuff? :unsure:

do they really rule, if they need that much other stuff? :unsure:
Absolutely they do. Honey and balsamic are just seasoning, no different than salt and pepper imo.

and bacon makes the world better.

Absolutely they do. Honey and balsamic are just seasoning, no different than salt and pepper imo.

and bacon makes the world better.
I halve mine and toss in olive oil with sliced shallots, salt/pepper and add diced pancetta that I buy in the Boars Head deli section and then roast in the oven. I add the balsamic glaze and honey at the end. A brussel sprout is an evil thing without balsamic and bacon.

I’m finally off a Work computer. What’s good THP?

I’m finally off a Work computer. What’s good THP?

I do most of my THPing from a work computer.

Trying to figure out whether I want to squeeze in a round before I head out from vacation.

Sitting in tattoo session #2 about the only time I've had available to browse thp lately.. what I been missing? Lol

I do most of my THPing from a work computer.

Trying to figure out whether I want to squeeze in a round before I head out from vacation.

The answer to that is always YES!

Back