The Official Banter Away Thread

What do you guys pay for a cord of firewood in your area?

Can't believe some of the outrageous prices of some sellers, like 100 pieces for nearly $100. An entire cord 600-620 pieces usually is supposed to be 200-250..

Can't believe some of the outrageous prices of some sellers, like 100 pieces for nearly $100. An entire cord 600-620 pieces usually is supposed to be 200-250..
Oh about $3.90 figuring gas and oil for my saw.😉

Me this week:

5D8BEB8F-2FC2-4082-830A-3F893AF4944C.png

Oh about $3.90 figuring gas and oil for my saw.😉

Lol fair point. I should edit it to 'those of us who don't have acres of trees' haha I did have a couple trees cut down that I stacked the large pieces, just too tough to chop them up right now. Just want to make sure ill have enough for the winter, then that'll be next years'

About the price here for cedar (after USD-CAD conversion). Hardwoods double.

100 for 100 is some gas station bs

I have never understood bitcoin, I think it's all just make believe.
I am on the fence. on one hand it seems like monopoly money. But on the other hand, it's hard to ignore. I should have gotten in at the beginning of the year like my buddy said, I would have exited already and done well. he is more of a long term holder and thinks its going to continue to rise. I just bought into the dip with some play money, but I would absolutely avoid putting in anything that you are not 100% comfortable with losing, because at some point it's going to tank.

I am on the fence. on one hand it seems like monopoly money. But on the other hand, it's hard to ignore. I should have gotten in at the beginning of the year like my buddy said, I would have exited already and done well. he is more of a long term holder and thinks its going to continue to rise. I just bought into the dip with some play money, but I would absolutely avoid putting in anything that you are not 100% comfortable with losing, because at some point it's going to tank.

@JB and I watched a documentary on it several years ago and he wanted to invest something small like $100 just for fun because back then it was stupid cheap. I take blame for this one because I told him absolutely no, it's make believe and we might as well just throw that $100 away. I even joked and pretended to hand him something, but there was nothing in my hands and I said here, here's your bitcoin. I think he is still a little mad at me for that one. But I still believe it's not real.

@JB and I watched a documentary on it several years ago and he wanted to invest something small like $100 just for fun because back then it was stupid cheap. I take blame for this one because I told him absolutely no, it's make believe and we might as well just throw that $100 away. I even joked and pretended to hand him something, but there was nothing in my hands and I said here, here's your bitcoin. I think he is still a little mad at me for that one. But I still believe it's not real.

Not mad. Never mad. It was $1000 and we would be quite wealthy right now :ROFLMAO:

But it is nothing, you are right.

Not mad. Never mad. It was $1000 and we would be quite wealthy right now :ROFLMAO:

But it is nothing, you are right.

Oh, $1000, now I know why I was vehemently against it. I was a little mad at myself for saying no to $100, but $1000 is totally different.

Oh, $1000, now I know why I was vehemently against it. I was a little mad at myself for saying no to $100, but $1000 is totally different.

I think the value at the time was around $300.
Now its 40k or whatever.

I think the value at the time was around $300.
Now its 40k or whatever.
I hate to break it to you...it would be worth considerably more than that, if you knew how the "bitcoin split system" works. Those initial coins would have magically doubled multiple times by now (if you leveraged the system) and all of them would be worth the $40k or whatever each. I know someone that has taken $80k and turn it into many millions. with multiple millions taken out into real currency (foreign) Let alone all the stuff he direct buys via biocoin.

I sure do not understand it all and did not take advantage of it either.

I hate to break it to you...it would be worth considerably more than that, if you knew how the "bitcoin split system" works. Those initial coins would have magically doubled multiple times by now (if you leveraged the system) and all of them would be worth the $40k or whatever each. I know someone that has taken $80k and turn it into many millions. with multiple millions taken out into real currency (foreign) Let alone all the stuff he direct buys via biocoin.

I sure do not understand it all and did not take advantage of it either.

My view is a simple one. Can't dwell on it, I remember when AAPL hit $100 the first time and I cashed out many moons ago. I have since invested more, as you get older and more means, but for every action there is a reaction and I would definitely not be healthy if I was about about the bad :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hahahaha I can see you doing that to him :ROFLMAO:

I have never understood bitcoin, I think it's all just make believe.
I've never understood it either and honestly I thought it was just the fad of the moment when it started, so I didn't pay much attention to it. It's pretty amazing the wealth some people have accrued by investing in it, but it's not something I ever would have seen doing.

My view is a simple one. Can't dwell on it, I remember when AAPL hit $100 the first time and I cashed out many moons ago. I have since invested more, as you get older and more means, but for every action there is a reaction and I would definitely not be healthy if I was about about the bad :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
exactly. I've been very blessed in my life. sure I would have like the "riches" but very content with my life path thus far and where I'm heading.

Reactions: JB
I've never understood it either and honestly I thought it was just the fad of the moment when it started, so I didn't pay much attention to it. It's pretty amazing the wealth some people have accrued by investing in it, but it's not something I ever would have seen doing.

This may sound far fetched, but there is even more value in the process of "block chains". complete transperency and ownership of everything. THis will take down some major institutions. Ones like the banking industry while slow adopters, are getting on board with the movement and position themselves to survive. But imagine what will happen to things like Universities. Do you want a degree from an "institution" on directly from the nobel laureate that the institution is basing its standing on? Block chains will make that possible. just like direct to consumer pricing for music. Personal use or commercial, all controlled by the artist.

We're between $250 and $275 CAD ($197 to $217 USD) for a full cord (4'x4'x8'). Only pine or spruce around here for firewood.

If you had come across an unbelievable deal to and all inclusive in Jamaica right now would you travel?

Back