The Official Banter Away Thread

If you had come across an unbelievable deal to and all inclusive in Jamaica right now would you travel?

I would travel within the US, I am not sure about abroad right now....no idea what kind of travel restrictions might happen at any given time. However, I am living my life right now. I am still taking all the necessary precautions, but I am not letting COVID dictate my life anymore.

Its probably above the stove and just cant see it. No way it isn't there
I was using theatre of the mind for the call back joke, but I agree. I fully expect there to be an unseen pot filler. That trim and cabinet work is really excellent. And how it matches the exposed beams in the adjacent room? so good.

You know, I was quite disappointed in that. On the plus side, the house has a 5 car garage...
I would sell a kidney for a three car garage, let alone 5. That house is awesome. Is it in TN? I want to move, although that house is outside of my budget by amount three football fields.

I was using theatre of the mind for the call back joke, but I agree. I fully expect there to be an unseen pot filler. That trim and cabinet work is really excellent. And how it matches the exposed beams in the adjacent room? so good.

Here are some more angles

fadb2d1dfc479b3f3b4ad0bca611ce44l-m344899834od-w1024_h768.jpg
fadb2d1dfc479b3f3b4ad0bca611ce44l-m1938654464od-w1024_h768.jpg

If you had come across an unbelievable deal to and all inclusive in Jamaica right now would you travel?
I wouldn't, but I'm not much into travel anyway so that colors my opinion. It has nothing to do with the 'rona, that would have zero effect on my decision.

I would sell a kidney for a three car garage, let alone 5. That house is awesome. Is it in TN? I want to move, although that house is outside of my budget by amount three football fields.

Yeah, it's in TN. 4 bed 4.5 baths, 4300SF on just under an acre.

I was looking for outdoor kitchen ideas and stumbled upon this house, and when I saw that pantry I was in awe.

So there is no pot filler @BigDill :unsure: very disappointing.
It just goes to show that you really can't have everything in life. But I was sold on the five three car and golf simulator garage. With that, I can teach my kids how to fill a pot with water.

I wonder why the Island is a complete different color from the rest of the Kitchen?
Is it because making it dark makes it visually smaller?
I mean white around the busiest part of the kitchen means upkeep.

Pretty funny to see the table on Saw Horses.

Two tone cabinetry is extremely popular, you see it a ton in renovations and new construction. White kitchens have been popular for years, people love the light, bright, clean look. Spend 10 minutes on HGTV and you will see tons of white cabinets and two toned cabinets.

Yeah, it's in TN. 4 bed 4.5 baths, 4300SF on just under an acre.

I was looking for outdoor kitchen ideas and stumbled upon this house, and when I saw that pantry I was in awe.

What's something like that go for in TN?

That is totally area dependent. Where this particular house is located it’s $1.26 million. I was searching for outdoor kitchen ideas and this house happened to pop up in my search.
I spent more than a reasonable amount of time looking at houses in TN and I saw quite a few fixer uppers for a song that would be awesome for a handyman like me. I even saw an 8 bedroom out in the sticks that needed about 300k and would either lead to my wife never leaving me, or leaving me immediately.

I spent more than a reasonable amount of time looking at houses in TN and I saw quite a few fixer uppers for a song that would be awesome for a handyman like me. I even saw an 8 bedroom out in the sticks that needed about 300k and would either lead to my wife never leaving me, or leaving me immediately.

Like a lot of places, it really is location dependent. One thing I do love about here is the ability to have land. Finding a house with acres isn’t a crazy thought here, unlike coastal Florida.

Like a lot of places, it really is location dependent. One thing I do love about here is the ability to have land. Finding a house with acres isn’t a crazy thought here, unlike coastal Florida.
I started to realize that, but the idea to have that much land and in some cases a natural creek or pond access is pretty attractive. I would love to have a bit more county living in my life, TBH.

I started to realize that, but the idea to have that much land and in some cases a natural creek or pond access is pretty attractive. I would love to have a bit more county living in my life, TBH.
I am learning to appreciate it way more than I ever imagined. Combined with low cost of living, and a bit of genuine mixed in.

I am learning to appreciate it way more than I ever imagined. Combined with low cost of living, and a bit of genuine mixed in.

What JB said. There is something special about having that space and peace and quiet. I really like how you can have land but still be 10 minutes from everything. And overall, so far at least, the people are just nicer here.

What JB said. There is something special about having that space and peace and quiet. I really like how you can have land but still be 10 minutes from everything. And overall, so far at least, the people are just nicer here.
We had 2.5 acres at our last place and I absolutely loved it. The only problem was that we were 45 minutes from town, and at least 20 minutes away from any kind of conveniences (gas station, post office, etc.), not even a mom and pop market close by if we needed something. Since most of the things I do are in town, I was driving in every single day and it got old pretty quick and I was burning through a lot of gasoline. If we could have acreage and be 10 minutes from everything I'd jump on it in a heartbeat (if it was affordable).

Back