The Official Banter Away Thread

Golf in January!!!

Well, let’s just say it could be called “OnlyFan” it it would pretty much be the same for me.

Worth every penny. 👍 :p:D:D:D

40 degrees, 15 mph wind, and a bit of dampness and still have a great range session where everything just works, the ball consistently finds the center of face, and you can move the ball in both directions on command will still keep the smile on your face the day after. Especially when contemplating new releases. :)

Excited to hit the road tomorrow morning. Going to miss my crew, and I know they’ll miss me and the routines, but man....I need this!

I mean, I appreciate his effort in licking out the window tracks to clean them but I'm not sure I should approve of this.

96E1A346-7CB3-449C-AA9B-03399B9B0F08.jpeg

I got to hit a few balls today for about 30 minutes and it was mentally freeing. And the ball was going a lot farther than normal - perhaps letting my body heal was good for it.

When I played a good amount of golf, I found some time off was so good for my game. Like it took the pressure to play well away for some reason.

When I played a good amount of golf, I found some time off was so good for my game. Like it took the pressure to play well away for some reason.
Time away proved to be great. I still haven’t been able to actually play but I finally healed enough to swing at 100% and carved out like 30 min to practice. It was heaven!

Really struggling to navigate between football, basketball, and golf on TV tonight.

A hobby of mine is seeing drug commercials on tv and then asking my wife (who’s a resident physician) if I should go see my doctor and a get a prescription for said commercial drug. She’s not as fond of this hobby 🤷‍♂️

A hobby of mine is seeing drug commercials on tv and then asking my wife (who’s a resident physician) if I should go see my doctor and a get a prescription for said commercial drug. She’s not as fond of this hobby 🤷‍♂️
“Possible side effects may include <insert 5 minute list, including death>“. And my favorite, “Do not take (x) if you are allergic to (x)”. Wow, no kidding? Who’da thunk???

I was thinking about the upcoming golf season and how excited I am for the year. I plan to turn over at least much of the bag, and this will be the first time I will be able to call it my set of clubs in every sense. I've learned enough about my game and the range of equipment options to make more informed decisions. That big clubs and shafts are a mystery and FOMO sense is behind me. And when it comes to playing, I have the pieces and understand enough about the swing and my physical abilities and limitations to better hone how I play. I'm not going to light the golf world on fire. :) I am going to light my golf passion on fire. Let's go. (y)

A little Sunday afternoon 2020 humour:
Screen-Shot-2021-01-11-at-10.09.37-AM.jpg
Screen-Shot-2021-01-11-at-10.09.46-AM.jpg
coronavirus-memes-fresher-than-your-new-mask-30-photos-11.jpg

Can't sleep, too excited for the meat sweats tomorrow..

I guess I should try, can always dream about bbq goodness I suppose

So, you'll smell like blood and garlic! What's the problem?

We have some friends whose life ***** rainbows - at least that’s the way they portray themselves. I’m talking over the top, make me sick perfect world. They kind of don’t have a grasp on reality. Well then, one of our mutual friends was googling their business and found out their CFO was arrested by the FBI in 2019 for hacking into computer systems. Funny how they never mentioned that. It also explains why they decided to do their first months long RV trip spontaneously just after that happened.

My wife and her best friend thinks it’s hilarious because they also went to college with the CFO - all Notre Dame grads in 2002.

Unfortunately this reminds me of a very close friend of mine in the early 2010s. They were the same way - their lives were perfect - big house, expensive toys, $120k Mercedes, season tickets in a suite for the Dallas Cowboys, perfect daughter, etc. Fast forward 8 years later and they are divorced, broke and he is a raging alcoholic with no job. What did them in is that his business partner was also doing shady stuff and was also arrested. Of course I found out years later - I just assummed it was due to oil crashing.

What is my point... Take that perfect facing image with a grain of salt. The people that you think have the perfect lives struggle like the rest of us - sometimes much worse. So, don’t envy others. Be thankful for the relationships you have.

This is not meant to be political. This post just reminded me of something I read in an article many years ago. It was an interview of Donald Trump, and he was talking about his business challenges. He said, something like, "People like to think I have it easy. But I have problems. And my problems come with more zeroes after them than most people's."

I got to hit a few balls today for about 30 minutes and it was mentally freeing. And the ball was going a lot farther than normal - perhaps letting my body heal was good for it.

Good for you!, Wish I could do the same!

I heard a long time ago that when you are playing well, you should go play! If you play poorly one time, take a short break and go play again. If you play poorly again, take a longer break, and then get back at it. That should usually do it. If you play poorly the next time, it's time to practice! Or get lessons!

“Possible side effects may include <insert 5 minute list, including death>“. And my favorite, “Do not take (x) if you are allergic to (x)”. Wow, no kidding? Who’da thunk???

My Mom used to ask how they could be allowed to sell such things! I've noticed that as well. How on earth would I know that I was allergic to "X" if I had never taken "X" in the past!

My Mom, and I, are both the same way! I don't trust any of these drug pushers! My Mom died at 86 years old, and did not take a single scrip drug! Nor did she die from something that could be prevented by a scrip drug!

I'm upset at GEICO because one of their commercials was a sendup of those pharma ads and they used the side effect I always wanted to see in a legit ad: excessive flatulence.

"Ask your doctor if Gulliblex is right for you."

At least you know his moral compass allows for auto theft and is just shy of kidnapping. Shows he has principles. :banghead:

I remember a comedian talking about this a long time ago. I think it was Steve Harvey.

I am envious and amazed at how the golf industry is able tonkeep track of club release and technology during this time of year... Everyone and their brother has new lines and new tech at multiple levels and multiple different clubs, balls apparel. It's truly amazing I can get it all here at THP! But man there is quite a bit to digest.
To the staffers at THP

Morning THP! Anything exciting going on today?

I always think to myself "man I dislike my job".

Then I get dispatched to fill in for the guy who works in a shack at a remote location.

It could always be worse..... I dislike the fill-in job even more lol.

Oh well, a day of THP, YouTube, and Off Course!

Alrighty....”wienermobile drivers”

My daughter is graduating in May with a degree in marketing. I joked with her the other day about this.

Back