The Official Banter Away Thread

Never realized what I was missing in a smart house until we hooked everything into Alexa. Alexa owns me now. 😂

Alexa turn off the lights. Set the alarm. Soon it will be Alexa make dinner.

"Just a reminder, you have 16 days vacation to use up before July 1st."

Excellent, I choose to use them the 16 days prior to the end of July.

"Thank you for your vacation leave submission. Could you please limit taking your vacation to 2 weeks, for the better operational needs of the department."

No problem. I will use up 10 days, then call in sick for the other 6...... and then use my remaining holiday days at a different time.
It was always fun to go over the vacation leave cap by a few hundred hours and get a "love note" around the end of November (which was about when they usually figured it out) saying you needed to use that leave time before the end of the year. Roger that, see you in January! :LOL: It was especially nice when you didn't have enough seniority to get a Christmas vacation slot by regular sign-ups.

Had to get up early for a 3 hour drive; neck was tight as I must have slept wrong. The drive down in the dark didn't bother me much.

6 hours on the roof with a wind chill of 10F followed by the 3 hour drive back was no bueno for the neck.

Might be time to replace the pillows. I could stretch more often, but let's be realistic.

Never realized what I was missing in a smart house until we hooked everything into Alexa. Alexa owns me now. 😂

Alexa turn off the lights. Set the alarm. Soon it will be Alexa make dinner.
That is very scary, give up all control and the machines take over...there was a movie.

That is very scary, give up all control and the machines take over...there was a movie.
Just wait until Google makes a robot that can cook and clean our homes just as a person would. I’m in. How about you?

Just wait until Google makes a robot that can cook and clean our homes just as a person would. I’m in. How about you?
No way, no how. I will be one of the hold outs, someone has to survive to fight back.
When the robot poisons your food and makes a robot dog from your parts I will avenge you...

Hello night shifters
Just finished a zoom game night and knocking back some basil haydens, halfway between being nice and tired, and ready to go back down pour another glass and play video games all night

I’ve not been this tired in a long time. :ROFLMAO:

I'm playing in a regular online home poker game. I've had as many strong cocktails (1) as good hands (1)

No way, no how. I will be one of the hold outs, someone has to survive to fight back.
When the robot poisons your food and makes a robot dog from your parts I will avenge you...

I did always want one of the suit things like in Alien so you can lift heavy things, but AI robots are bad for our health.
Again there were several movies that made this point clear. I am not saving all this ammo for nothing, someone has to take back the golf courses.

Reactions: J4U
Any of our MI hackers take down the mega millions last night? 😄

Man, what a week, eh?

My buddy's slowly getting better... Needs another visit or two but things are looking up

20210123_104710.jpg

i am waiting for someone that is looking for a recommendation that says “looking for someone unreliable, expensive and does bad work.”

Every freaking looming for recommendations asks for someone reliable, reasonable and does good work. I want to respond “no ****!”

Jessica Korda just shot a 60!!! 32/28 :oops:

My buddy's slowly getting better... Needs another visit or two but things are looking up

View attachment 8989986
Glad to hear it!! Our hearts are with our pets. You have a beautiful pup!!! Glad to hear things are on the mend.

In a text thread with a couple friends while watching this. Agreed we need to go to an LPGA event. Also i know it might have been downhill but did the math Danielle Kang hit a 327 yard drive. Wow

So did Jessica's sister Nelly.

Lasik recovery is annoying. On the plus side, I’m no longer squeamish about eye drops...

Hitting the road early to head down to condo in FL. Long drive ahead of us, and Arrow is very confused.

Back