The Official Banter Away Thread

TexasHacker34

Callaway Homer
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
My company got acquired, and it was officially announced today.

First time this has happened to me, so slightly unnerving, but from everything I have been told, this will be a positive for all of us.

RealPretendPsychic

2021 Grandaddy - Team THP
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

First time this has happened to me, so slightly unnerving, but from everything I have been told, this will be a positive for all of us.
Good luck! I have been through this a few times and while it can be a bit unnerving, it typical brought positive changes.

Reframmellator

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Good luck. It is unnerving, and in most cases it turns out to be a positive. That said, be positive, work hard, and keep your antennae up. You should always have an updated resume, but now might be a good time to refresh yours.

I've been through it five times, and four of them were largely good. The fifth time, it was like we were the Aztecs and Spain had just acquired us. Of course, I've been through internal management changes that were even more traumatic. In retrospect, the bad ones were easy to see coming.

In general, the higher up in the organization you are, the more at risk you are. Some acquisitions are hands off, others involve assimilating the acquired company into the new culture. The more different the cultures, the more challenging the assimilation can be, especially if the new culture is more command and control.

Keep us posted.

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It can stop raining any time. Just glad it is not snow.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in