The Official Banter Away Thread

Yep nailed it. I drink waaaaay more wine and bourbon during the winter months than I do the rest of the year! Its so dang cold. Also tend to eat a lot more too :ROFLMAO:
The spring and summer are occupied by beer and mojitos right?

Thats such a bad traffic spot on 35 also. That area with the construction is an accident waiting to happen
Watching that FedEx truck smash into those cars/trucks was hard. He looked to be going pretty fast and guess never saw what was happening.

The footage from the Fort Worth highway ice accident is shocking.
My parents were in the middle of this pileup in PA about 6 years ago. They said it was terrifying. Snow squall resulting in no visibility in an instant. 55 to 0 and then the sound of impact from more and more cars and trucks. Helicopters were using the opposite lanes as a landing pad. They say not to leave your car. The lawsuits were finally settled just last year. If you don’t need to travel in this weather it’s just not worth it.
1613069559199.jpeg

Watching that FedEx truck smash into those cars/trucks was hard. He looked to be going pretty fast and guess never saw what was happening.

i havent seen it, but I would imagine knowing how slick the roads are that is some dumb driving.

One clip from a passer-by in the opposite lanes showed a white pickup blasted from behind and flipped up into the air by an out-of-control tractor trailer. Scary stuff, thinking what may have happened to the occupants.
We called that the "lugnut rule". In a crash, whichever vehicle has the most lugnuts usually wins.

In the videos I saw it really seemed like people could see all the flashing and emergency lights up ahead. Some people still slammed in without seeming to hit the brakes at all, which is baffling.

Still, hopevthe deaths and injuries are minimal, totally scary stuff.

Looks like True Temper just got burned by Wendy’s (which is probably the strangest thing I’ll see today?)

Cable and internet at my mom's house is a mess. Staying here with two of us working remotely, it is a no go. Working with Comcast. Ugh. I've never spent more time on the phone. Finally a tech came to the house. Fingers crossed.

How do you northerners deal with this **** for months on end?
You learn to appreciate the good months that much more. Hopefully you put enough credits in the bank to get you through.

@Junkyard is your employer trying to get you to quit? Are they that clueless?

You should drop a brochure for a new pick'em up truck on your bosses desk with a sticky note on it denoting the color you want. Let them know in a subtle not so subtle way that you expect better treatment and a new truck like the new guy.

And maybe consider stop giving so much of your free time to your employer that is showing that they aren't appreciating it as much as they did.:unsure:
It's funny. It was our shipper who discovered the truck purchase and made me aware of it. I saw him again today and he was shaking his head "it's just not right. It's not fair to you" and so on and so on.

I'm not really certain what's going on right now other than to say from a bystander's point of view it sure looks like there is more money going out than there is coming in. But it's very selective: we were told to use a certain freight company despite the fact that they on average are 30-60% more than the companies we usually use. Except for today when they had to transfer stock from one location to another so they could expand the office. Our driver spent all day making 2 trips with our truck because it was "too costly" to use the other guy. Seriously?

It's tough for me to do, but I will say that I am not working as hard in 2021 as I normally would. There is the occasional exception, but I am trying to slow my pace somewhat.

At this point I'm decided that I'm not going to bring it up, I'm going to wait it out and see how the process plays out. I believe I have the patience to win in the long run.

Too cold for ice cream. The blueberries were my holdover until it's "acceptable" to eat my left over beef stew from last night. I am kind of on a beef stew kick, I make it pretty much every other week now. This time I added some red wine, so good!
It is never too cold for ice cream. Some days it's just more enjoyable than others :D

They could easily be assuming you are happy with the current situation. Perhaps a quick convo to talk and inform them you'd prefer not to drive your own vehicle, have been doing it for (insert reason) and explain that you'd rather have a company vehicle, if possible.
To be honest I'd rather not have a company vehicle, for several reasons. The most obvious would be that if I had one my truck would sit in the driveway 95% of the time. The second would be that while I'm not a reckless driver I'd rather not be driving a rolling billboard. If I needed to run an errand on my way home, pick someone up, etc.

That doesn't mean, however that the current compensation package is sufficient given the new situation. I just need to see how things play out a bit before deciding my next move.

In the videos I saw it really seemed like people could see all the flashing and emergency lights up ahead. Some people still slammed in without seeming to hit the brakes at all, which is baffling.

Still, hopevthe deaths and injuries are minimal, totally scary stuff.
I swear a good portion of the population does not look any further ahead than the spot where the hood ornament used to sit. That's half the reason mega-accidents like this happen. The first 25% are caught totally off guard but eventually there should be enough "slack" to allow people to avoid it.

As stated, hopefully the serious injuries are minimal.

Someone has been watching too much Shark Week

I'm coming to the realization that I need to be able to practice like I used to if I want to have any chance of getting back to being an almost mediocre golfer. Before my old course closed, I was there at the range two or three times a week and before and after every round, usually Saturday and Sunday. They closed for a renovation and I've been at a muni that my game I play in moved to, and they don't include range balls, and the range isn't great anyway. I got real bad switching clubs and was on my way in the right direction after giving up on them, but having moved courses I'm not progressing. I need to come up with a way to justify the costs of moving to a better course.

Is it sad that I mostly use my Ring indoor cameras to determine which pet destroyed something and/or threw up? 🤦‍♂️

No, that's the whole reason we put cameras in the house, to spy on Arrow when we are gone.
They’ve been lifesavers with the puppies! I honestly don’t know how we survived getting our last dog. Granted he was very well behaved, but we just left him in our tiny apartment for 8 hours. Blows my mind to think about!

Boarding a plane in a few minutes. The temperature delta when I land is 90* (!!!!) colder. Hope my northern blood is ready for this jolt of reality. 🥶

Boarding a plane in a few minutes. The temperature delta when I land is 90* (!!!!) colder. Hope my northern blood is ready for this jolt of reality. 🥶
Just remember to put those long johns on as soon as possible.;)

I will attempt to hit my driver in the garage this weekend. I’m pretty sure the ceiling is high enough. Wish me luck!

Back