The Official Banter Away Thread

I got to the range. Felt great. How did the ZX7’s perform?
Really well. 9/18GIR. For not playing in a month, I had the distances dialed in with and against the wind.

Its befuddling to me what some people take and make about politics....it’s almost as if peoples religions are tied to news channels they like or dislike. Fact is, most news is twisted for their audiences whether you realize it and like it or not. If you don’t realize it and defend some of those organizations, you’re living under a veil of denial.

Its befuddling to me what some people take and make about politics....it’s almost as if peoples religions are tied to news channels they like or dislike. Fact is, most news is twisted for their audiences whether you realize it and like it or not. If you don’t realize it and defend some of those organizations, you’re living under a veil of denial.
Dollar dollar bills y’all.

Name an easier job than being a chef at melting pot.

Go ahead, I’ll wait.

The mercury hit 55 degrees yesterday, and the forecast for the next four days shows upper 30s/low 40s so that should help kill most of the snow currently sitting on the ground. It's not going to help golf-wise, but it is an important step in the process.

The mercury hit 55 degrees yesterday, and the forecast for the next four days shows upper 30s/low 40s so that should help kill most of the snow currently sitting on the ground. It's not going to help golf-wise, but it is an important step in the process.
Same here but with 30mph winds, that will eat up the snow cover. 🌞

I once forgot where I parked my car at the airport. My key fob didn’t work so lock beep and panic weren’t an option. I had missed my flight and wandered around the lot for 30 minutes with luggage and a suit jacket in 95° heat.

The mere memory of this nightmare caused an increase in my heart rate. I’ve never forgotten to write down where I parked since this day. Happy Thursday everyone!

Feel sorry for the course today....Played Fords Colony and holy crap....Every step that wasn't on cart path or bridge I sunk in....First time there and with the monsoon we have had...One massive sponge. I've never had so many plugged balls. Should have went somewhere else.....Uggh

I somehow didn’t notice this on my garage door until last night. What do I do? Light in on fire? Move?
22FAD575-24DC-417A-BC7D-931895D92103.jpeg

I somehow didn’t notice this on my garage door until last night. What do I do? Light in on fire? Move?
View attachment 8995339

Assuming you have coil springs, one on each track, instead of a big torsion spring above the top of the door, you should have safety cables runnning through each coil. I think your home is newer so you probably have them. That way, WHEN (not if) a spring breaks, the cable contains it instead of flailing around the garage at high speed. I was in the garage one day minding my own business when a 140 lbs tension spring snapped, and we did not have safety cables installed. It was a powerful laxative, and after I cleaned up and read up on how to replace a spring, we have had safety cables installed ever since. Really simple install if you do not have them, If you've got 'em, I'd relax.

Assuming you have coil springs, one on each track, instead of a big torsion spring above the top of the door, you should have safety cables runnning through each coil. I think your home is newer so you probably have them. That way, WHEN (not if) a spring breaks, the cable contains it instead of flailing around the garage at high speed. I was in the garage one day minding my own business when a 140 lbs tension spring snapped, and we did not have safety cables installed. It was a powerful laxative, and after I cleaned up and read up on how to replace a spring, we have had safety cables installed ever since. Really simple install if you do not have them, If you've got 'em, I'd relax.
The door is in fine shape other than the one golf ball sized dent. It’s more the fact that S**** Door Co installed it :LOL:

Ok, I don’t drink coffee, but told my employees I would grab Dunkin Donuts for them. It’s 10:30am and the line makes Chick-fil-a tiny. The line is over 20 cars deep easy as I sit in the street.

Damn, what does Dunkin Donuts put in their coffee 😂

The door is in fine shape other than the one golf ball sized dent. It’s more the fact that S**** Door Co installed it :LOL:

Wanna make me laugh Monday night? Tell me a joke right now!

As you know, it's a very common name in your parts. It was an uncle's last name, so I honestly never gave it a thought.

Now back in the day, visible from Parkway East in Pittsburgh, there were two businesses next to each other, with their names prominently displayed: Shields Rubber Corp and Modern Reproductions. That one I noticed.

Ok, I don’t drink coffee, but told my employees I would grab Dunkin Donuts for them. It’s 10:30am and the line makes Chick-fil-a tiny. The line is over 20 cars deep easy as I sit in the street.

Damn, what does Dunkin Donuts put in their coffee 😂

The coffee is nothing special to wait in a line like that. :LOL:

Back