The Official Banter Away Thread

Been a rough weekend in more ways than one, felt like crap with an upset stomach and a constant feeling of wanting to throw up and still not right so lying in bed off work sick today

Only positive is there is a replay of yesterday's WGC golf that I am watching between snoozing

Hope you feel better!

Been a rough weekend in more ways than one, felt like crap with an upset stomach and a constant feeling of wanting to throw up and still not right so lying in bed off work sick today

Only positive is there is a replay of yesterday's WGC golf that I am watching between snoozing
Damn those are the worst.. food issue or stomach bug?

I'll take head colds over stomach/nausea any day, at least you can eat a bit, hydrate, and take nyquil and get some rest.. with a stomach thing all that is so much more difficult

Damn those are the worst.. food issue or stomach bug?

I'll take head colds over stomach/nausea any day, at least you can eat a bit, hydrate, and take nyquil and get some rest.. with a stomach thing all that is so much more difficult
No idea to be honest, but suspect I have picked up a bug at the back end of last week as both myself and Jen have eaten the same meals and she has been fine

Started feeling a bit rough on Friday with stomach cramps and it just went from there... Fluids aren't a problem but even the thought of food at times was making me feel sick

Just had a couple slices of toast so will see how the next hour or so goes 🤞

These are weird. I like them.
1614613263261.jpeg

Our microwave stopped working. Loud humming and not heating anything up. Going to have to take it down and take it apart to get some part numbers to order replacement parts.

COURSES NEAR ME ARE BOOKING TEE TIMES LATER THIS WEEK. Yes this deserved all caps!

Well good morning THP.

This early morning greeting brought to you by an 8 month old who will not sleep through the night!

Nice and toasty on top of Mt. Washington this morning :p

1614695683373.png

My wife is a weather junkie, and we've had a few home "weather stations" of variable reliability. Just after Christmas, our outside sensor died and I bought our first station with an anenom amonon wind sensor ;). It has been interesting to watch, enlightening, and pretty accurate when I compare to the local data on my weather app. It wasn't much more than others without wind capability, and has been well worth it in my view. I attached the anemometer to the end of a 10 ft length of 1" galvanized conduit, and attached that to a post in our grape arbor. So it's on a high part of our lot, about 10 feet above grade. Wind chill is a bear!

Last edited:
Meeting a buddy at a indoor golf place tonight.. going to be the first time swinging clubs in a few months now, its going to be quite terrible haha

I hate running! New routines are tough!

I just had my first chocolate cake shake and dang is it delicious! It's probably a good thing no one around my area makes these, my bank account wouldn't appreciate it.

I have been needing to get a new TV for ages. Nothing fancy, just something to replace a 43" that has been on the fritz.
Finally grabbed a cheap 55" TCL when it came back in stock, essentially cost me nothing buying with gift cards from when we upgraded cell phones.

The stupid thing is, I have been so stressed out over this. Searching stores locally every couple days.

I hate purchases like this. Electronics, sporting goods stuff, vehicles..... it keeps me up at night thinking about it. But if we were house hunting I would have no issue pulling the trigger lol.

I just had my first chocolate cake shake and dang is it delicious! It's probably a good thing no one around my area makes these, my bank account wouldn't appreciate it.

it's SOOOOOOOOO good

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
Back