The Official Banter Away Thread

The last year has been insane. Highs and lows, WAY too many damn lows from a family and friend health perspective. Now dealing with a nearly 15 year old dog who is getting downright nasty to the wife and my Son. I am so fearful of what's coming, but I'm trying to stay positive.

Posting it here because I just want it off my chest, and I am so grateful to have a place like THP to get my mind off the madness.
My heart goes out to you, such a hard thing to deal with. Our pets are family.

Absolutely the most difficult part of being a pet owner! Wishing the best to the family!

The last year has been insane. Highs and lows, WAY too many damn lows from a family and friend health perspective. Now dealing with a nearly 15 year old dog who is getting downright nasty to the wife and my Son. I am so fearful of what's coming, but I'm trying to stay positive.

Posting it here because I just want it off my chest, and I am so grateful to have a place like THP to get my mind off the madness.
Very sorry to hear. Been thru too many of these and it never gets easy when the time comes.

Not a nice thing to deal with and I speak from experience, having had a Great Dane that we had when I was a kid and it went for me one day and got hold of my ear - parents took the decision to put it to sleep as they felt that if they couldn't trust it any more with the family, then how would it behave if it was around other people

I don't say that to scare you, but just a gentle reminder to be a bit more vigilant with your young family

First round of the year today about a month earlier than expected. I’m excited.

Woke up with a headache and have 914 things to do this week.
Mind over matter...Or in this case excedrine over matter.

Some days I feel like bagels are designed to make me cut myself.

Leaving to play golf in about 30 mins. March in Michigan. I'll take it! Especially on a Monday :cool:

Used to live in central PA, and I do love me some Wawa. Don't sleep on Turkey Hill's rendition of an Arnold Palmer. Or their sweet tea. That stuff was like crack.

I have no idea what Wawa is, although someone else mentioned Scheetz. Those are fairly plentiful, and actually pretty good around here, although I rarely visit one, since gas/food outfits are located closer to me. But the Turkey Hill you speak of, are those the same people who make the turkey Hill ice cream? That is really good ice cream, and it's reasonably priced. I would imagine that their drinks would be just as good. They seem to be a quality oriented company.

I can get away with 40ish to get the hell out of my house, sure! We don't get much snow here, so it's more about picking the low wind days and using hot hands.

Also, I'm not being coy at all. It gets plenty cold here, however most years I've been year (let's call it 75% of the time) there are at least a couple 50ish or better days in every month.

You're further south than me. I'm up here in NE Ohio, but I don't think there is a calendar month in which I have NOT played golf. That is not to say we can play golf year round every year. Every year is different. I can remember distinctly playing golf around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, just after New Years, Groundhogs or Valentines day, and St Patty's Day. Then April to September is a guarantee! Well, except for one June a few years ago where it rained for 25 of the 30 days in the month! Ugh!

Over the next two weeks it’s pretty nuts around this place.

TEEm Tour Edge gets announced
14 THPers get full bags of Cobra equipment
Mizuno Experience signup date gets announced
Shaft Up #2 details come out
Next Grandaddy contest
Something crazy cool from Edel gets announced
THP Fantasy Golf kicks off
We give away a slew of Theragun Pros
And some other announcements too.

I was looking at my calendar and realized it was all happening in the next couple of weeks.

don't forget that other thing, JB. Yeah that thing. and stuff.
Shhh. Let’s just say next week might be pretty special too.

I have no idea what Wawa is, although someone else mentioned Scheetz. Those are fairly plentiful, and actually pretty good around here, although I rarely visit one, since gas/food outfits are located closer to me. But the Turkey Hill you speak of, are those the same people who make the turkey Hill ice cream? That is really good ice cream, and it's reasonably priced. I would imagine that their drinks would be just as good. They seem to be a quality oriented company.

You're further south than me. I'm up here in NE Ohio, but I don't think there is a calendar month in which I have NOT played golf. That is not to say we can play golf year round every year. Every year is different. I can remember distinctly playing golf around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, just after New Years, Groundhogs or Valentines day, and St Patty's Day. Then April to September is a guarantee! Well, except for one June a few years ago where it rained for 25 of the 30 days in the month! Ugh!
Appears to be the same company. (y)(y) for Turkey Hill.

Next Grandaddy contest

I was looking at my calendar and realized it was all happening in the next couple of weeks.

lol......uhhhhhh thats a pretty nutso couple of weeks. Sheesh

Next Grandaddy contest

Looks like THP is thawing out (maybe more appropriately face melting) for the golf season like the northern regions of the midwest are right now. Exciting start to March, no doubt about it.

Next Grandaddy contest

Oh yes yes. (y)

Woke up with a headache and have 914 things to do this week.
Mind over matter...Or in this case excedrine over matter.

Next Grandaddy contest

With that schedule screw the Excedrin. Let me send you my bottle of Extra Strength Dammitol.

What drives you mad when watching TV in your country? - Quora

I empathize. Our lab Delilah (aka Gangsta D) is almost 14 and there's very little Gangsta left in her. I don't want to be around my bride when that day comes.

Weather has been favorable lately, a lot of snow has melted. Like enough that I have a spot to start swinging clubs outside again.

Very excited. Golf season approaching. Eff yeah.

Sometimes you just need to block out the noise and forge your own path. If only it was easy to come to that realization.

It's a tale from a different time, but if you've ever thought you can't make a difference by taking a stand, read this:

Sometimes you just need to block out the noise and forge your own path. If only it was easy to come to that realization.
We have one chance to get our path right. Make sure it's the one you want to take my good man.
At the end of it all, the only person you'll have to answer to for the choices you've made is yourself.

Seems legit. I just need to figure out who Linda is 🤣🤣🤣🤣
087764CF-6D28-45BA-A47B-D5C81A8A3C63.png

Back