The Official Banter Away Thread

Gave Stu his freshly regripped clubs. Passed him as I was using his fairway on the 16th hole and he says "thanks for doing the grips. You cleaned the clubs too, didn't you?":ROFLMAO:

One level of savage above my bosses wife, she comes in and eats half of 3 or 4 donuts and leaves the rest of it in the box! 🤬
Augusta ...
39b636e2882577b09836106bfda46664.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Good one! I am not surprised at this, since many consider "local" courses to be inferior. AAH! Apparently I am too drunk to reply to this thread!

Woke up really confused at 5:30am to the smell of my wife warming up brisket and seafood leftovers. I can’t wait for 2-7 years from now when her residency is over.

Woke up really confused at 5:30am to the smell of my wife warming up brisket and seafood leftovers. I can’t wait for 2-7 years from now when her residency is over.
Shoot, I wish I could wake up to the smell of food instead of a stupid cat squalling in my face wanting to be fed! 🤬

I just wanted to point out that I eclipsed the 4,000 post mark today.

Most people here don't care, nor should they, but I wanted to take a second to thank the staff here that have made this year so incredibly memorable from a website/media outlet/community owner. Highest traffic we have ever seen. One of the largest golf communities in the world and none of it could happen without them.

They work hard, thanklessly and we don't say it enough. Its noticed and thank you.

I just sent an email responding to an agency's access control custodian asking why he couldn't give access to a couple functions on our payroll system to one of his users. I told him the functions are obsolete and no longer used. After I sent the email, I was thinking I probably could have worded that a little differently and been a bit more diplomatic in my explanation. Then I stopped caring.

I love the pics on social where hidecki is flying home and just has his green jacket just hanging out on the chair

Most people here don't care, nor should they, but I wanted to take a second to thank the staff here that have made this year so incredibly memorable from a website/media outlet/community owner. Highest traffic we have ever seen. One of the largest golf communities in the world and none of it could happen without them.

They work hard, thanklessly and we don't say it enough. Its noticed and thank you.
How could you say something so untrue? I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority of us who enjoy this community that we do care very much. We just don't take the time to show it like we should. But trust me, we care!

I don’t like watching my local sports on national tv. I don’t need objective commentary, I only want to hear what I want to hear!

Kudos to all of you for THP's success! The hard work and great efforts clearly show in the end product, don't believe for a second that we don't care or notice.

Last edited:

I think most of us truly appreciate everything you and the staff do to keep this community what it is. An apolitical safe haven of internet golfering ( yeah thats a word...or it should be ) where we can geek out about tech, gossip about everything under the sun, and celebrate each others victories and achievements. While not often said, the work you and Morgan, the staff writers and the mods put into this every day is mindboggling and very much appreciated by everyone who logs on every day to get a little normality in an otherwise crazy world.

I think most of us truly appreciate everything you and the staff do to keep this community what it is. An apolitical safe haven of internet golfering ( yeah thats a word...or it should be ) where we can geek out about tech, gossip about everything under the sun, and celebrate each others victories and achievements. While not often said, the work you and Morgan, the staff writers and the mods put into this every day is mindboggling and very much appreciated by everyone who logs on every day to get a little normality in an otherwise crazy world.
Very appreciated but honestly not necessary. It’s our job and we enjoy it.

Now that you mention honesty, I've been meaning to say that you might need to ditch that @Canadan character. I mean he's great on the podcast and all, and he's got that whole "tall, mysterious, and ginger" thing going, but in reality, he just hits everything long and straight. Nobody wants to watch that. Lets see him hit out from under a tree, or from the 3 foot high rough, or over a giant as bush like the rest of have to. More relatable. This "look at me, I can hit a 7iron 200 yards dead straight with 80k spin" is getting old. :D

Please don't ban me @Canadan .🙏

THP is like a swimming duck. It looks all nice, calm, and graceful, but there's a helluva lot of activity going on beneath the surface to keep things looking good. And don't take this the wrong way, but if you didn't enjoy it so much, it wouldn't be as good as it is. Your passion is showing.

Fortunately only cost $130 to repair damage from termites, but it also took a few hours of my time. Never fun, but always necessary 😕

I will never, ever understand why grown men just won't read the dang instructions!

Showed up to a site today and found two 24 gauge control wires tied into the same terminals at the 230 volt power. I don't even need a manual to know that that ain't right!

I guess it's the same reason we don't stop to ask directions when we're lost?

Haven't you hear? Guys know everything! Even stuff they have absolutely no idea about!

I will never, ever understand why grown men just won't read the dang instructions!

Showed up to a site today and found two 24 gauge control wires tied into the same terminals at the 230 volt power. I don't even need a manual to know that that ain't right!

I guess it's the same reason we don't stop to ask directions when we're lost?
Look it up in "The Manly Man Handbook" page 153, we are never lost, we are just taking a more scenic route! 😎

I just sent an email responding to an agency's access control custodian asking why he couldn't give access to a couple functions on our payroll system to one of his users. I told him the functions are obsolete and no longer used. After I sent the email, I was thinking I probably could have worded that a little differently and been a bit more diplomatic in my explanation. Then I stopped caring.

at one point, you did feel a little twinge of care. employee of the month as far as i'm concerned.

Got a letter Friday from a former employer (B) saying I was eligible to collect a pension from them. This employer purchased another former employer (A) and offered a buyout of A’s pension which I took. I left B after less than a year and had figured that was that.

But I called the 800 number and the agent looked up my account and saw zeroes - which I expected. But she said I wouldn’t have gotten the letter without something behind it so she opened a case for me. Today, my phone IDed a call as “Potential Spam” but something told me to answer it. It was the pension administrator, who told me I have a pension coming from Company B and we started the process. I have no idea how much it will be - I was there less than a year - but it is an unexpected bonus.

Why do I feel there’s a meteorite in my future?

Got a letter Friday from a former employer (B) saying I was eligible to collect a pension from them. This employer purchased another former employer (A) and offered a buyout of A’s pension which I took. I left B after less than a year and had figured that was that.

But I called the 800 number and the agent looked up my account and saw zeroes - which I expected. But she said I wouldn’t have gotten the letter without something behind it so she opened a case for me. Today, my phone IDed a call as “Potential Spam” but something told me to answer it. It was the pension administrator, who told me I have a pension coming from Company B and we started the process. I have no idea how much it will be - I was there less than a year - but it is an unexpected bonus.

Why do I feel there’s a meteorite in my future?
Unless your a big outer space nut, I wouldn’t recommend using your unexpected bonus to buy a meteorite 🙃 other than that I’d expect smooth sailing 👍

I was thinking a meteorite is going to find me and not the other way around.

Watch this to the end, it's worth it.

Back