The Official Banter Away Thread

My next door neighbor is one of those that starts a home project, moves onto something else and then lets it sit. The two most notable ones were his back yard deck. He started to make repairs and then it sat for 13 months straight with no progress and all the partially done stuff in the exact same place as he left it. He also had his yard surveyed and staked for a new privacy fence. That never happened and all the money he had spent to put the temporary stakes in went to waste.

Now, he has ladders all over his covered porch. He started to fix the storm windows and now there has been no progress or ladder movement for 5 days. He's spent a lot of time sitting on his porch. I wonder how many months that will stay???

My wife and I decided it was time to replace my truck. So we went looking........and came back with a 2021 Honda Passport for her. How’s that even possible?
Lol, I'm with ya' bruh! Everyone..men that is..keep saying to me happy wife happy life?! I'm wishing I had more info on the front end of that big question. You at least get to pick the color?:oops:

My next door neighbor is one of those that starts a home project, moves onto something else and then lets it sit. The two most notable ones were his back yard deck. He started to make repairs and then it sat for 13 months straight with no progress and all the partially done stuff in the exact same place as he left it. He also had his yard surveyed and staked for a new privacy fence. That never happened and all the money he had spent to put the temporary stakes in went to waste.

Now, he has ladders all over his covered porch. He started to fix the storm windows and now there has been no progress or ladder movement for 5 days. He's spent a lot of time sitting on his porch. I wonder how many months that will stay???
I'll take the over for $20 please

fancy private golf clubs that already charge plenty for the monthly dues and then gauge their members with a $25 fee for every time they use one of the golf carts - enough to make me think twice about joining such a venue.

fancy private golf clubs that already charge plenty for the monthly dues and then gauge their members with a $25 fee for every time they use one of the golf carts - enough to make me think twice about joining such a venue.
I'd rather pay a $25 cart fee every time than my bill go up $xxx per month to cover fixed costs whether i use them or not. I don't know of any private courses around me that include cart fees in the base membership. Some do have annual cart fees if you prefer that. A lot of people walk at my club and I do when it's not too hot out. I'd rather pay $25 here-and-there than get hit with a built in cost that I may or may not use.

My wife and I decided it was time to replace my truck. So we went looking........and came back with a 2021 Honda Passport for her. How’s that even possible?

She incepted you.. got you excited about a new truck for yourself then swept in... did you trade in your truck (and now driving her old car... that would be you getting had twice lol) or her car

Getting old is having Chinese food for lunch followed by an accidental nap.

Lol, I'm with ya' bruh! Everyone..men that is..keep saying to me happy wife happy life?! I'm wishing I had more info on the front end of that big question. You at least get to pick the color?:oops:
She’s happy alright. Car color? All they had was white

Getting old is having Chinese food for lunch followed by an accidental nap.
No! Getting old is having a bologna and cheese sandwich and some potato chips and still taking a nap! 🤣

She incepted you.. got you excited about a new truck for yourself then swept in... did you trade in your truck (and now driving her old car... that would be you getting had twice lol) or her car
Traded in her Pilot. Still have the truck. I’ll look for something in the fall.

I'd rather pay a $25 cart fee every time than my bill go up $xxx per month to cover fixed costs whether i use them or not. I don't know of any private courses around me that include cart fees in the base membership. Some do have annual cart fees if you prefer that. A lot of people walk at my club and I do when it's not too hot out. I'd rather pay $25 here-and-there than get hit with a built in cost that I may or may not use.
Cart fees are included in our monthly dues at my club - but the course is carts only, so you'd be paying a cart fee every time you played. They discount $50 a month off dues for those who have their own carts, but since I don't live in the development I'm not gonna trailer a cart over there 3 or 4 times a week - and in the long run, ownership and maintenance of a personal cart would be a lot more expensive than just paying the extra 50 bucks a month to use theirs.

I just lost two down in a round of par three sim golf with @Canadan

Can’t tell if that’s a brag or you’re a little miffed about it, 🤣

I’ve hesrd tell that Dan might be a decent golfer?

That’s a beast of an car to be doing 118 at 3200 RPM’s and getting 32 miles a gallon.

Edit-didn’t see the ECO Mode light. 🤣
I.. I mean the person who was going that fast... had also just let off the gas so the rpm/mpg was askew

Cart fees are included in our monthly dues at my club - but the course is carts only, so you'd be paying a cart fee every time you played. They discount $50 a month off dues for those who have their own carts, but since I don't live in the development I'm not gonna trailer a cart over there 3 or 4 times a week - and in the long run, ownership and maintenance of a personal cart would be a lot more expensive than just paying the extra 50 bucks a month to use theirs.
yeah this club charges $2000 a month dues and has a F&B upfront charge....all fine with me....but it gets a bit rude if you play every day and cop a weekly extra bill of $175 for using the carts. Anyway, plenty of other good options in the Scottsdale area.

Traded in her Pilot. Still have the truck. I’ll look for something in the fall.

i for one would like an impressions report on the Passport. My wife thinks the Pilot is too big and the CR-V is too small.

i for one would like an impressions report on the Passport. My wife thinks the Pilot is too big and the CR-V is too small.
It’s nice. size wise like her old 2008 pilot. She didnt like the sloped rear hatch of the crv or new pilots. The ride is similar, truck like. Gas mileage a smidge better. Nice interior. Lots of features to get used to/learn that the old pilot didn’t have. The black interior and a constantly shedding white border collie/healer mix are not going to go well together though

yeah this club charges $2000 a month dues and has a F&B upfront charge....all fine with me....but it gets a bit rude if you play every day and cop a weekly extra bill of $175 for using the carts. Anyway, plenty of other good options in the Scottsdale area.
$2K a MONTH? Yeah, I'd be a little hot about a $25 cart fee too.

The black interior and a constantly shedding white border collie/healer mix are not going to go well together though

Thanks! I had an Accord with a black interior and a constantly shedding yellow Lab, so I feel for ya.

Anyone seen my black lab. He’s black and is wearing a collar???

If they made that in a Diet or "Zero" option, I'm certain that I would drink gallons of that sh!t. :oops:
Same. A diet version of that would be a great summer drink!

Thankfully my course has two dues options. With or without a cart. (y)

Back