The Official Banter Away Thread

Good morning THP!

This was in the comments section of a post about the dilapidated local bowling alley, which closed last year.

"I think bowling is dying. Like golf."

Anybody that says NFL isn’t king, how about this.

the NFL Draft, not a game but the draft, had better ratings than the World Series, NBA Finals and the Oscars.

Yesterday beautiful day with winds less than 5mph, today getting ready to leave work and sunny but winds are howling at 20mph. I just want a calm day to golf on.

I had to check this out when I saw the TV Commercial because I didn’t believe it was true.

I have seen it all. A $500 litter box called the Litter Robot. An automatic litter box cleaner that looks like an egg. WiFi connect and all. 😂

I strongly dislike dandelions and creeping charlie.

Just realized yesterday was my 10 year anniversary of joining THP. I have had ups and downs with being able to be as active as i would like, but i love THP more than i can express. The information to learn from, discussions, reviews, the camaraderie, the events, it is all special to me. Happy to be here and look forward to another 10.

Just realized yesterday was my 10 year anniversary of joining THP. I have had ups and downs with being able to be as active as i would like, but i love THP more than i can express. The information to learn from, discussions, reviews, the camaraderie, the events, it is all special to me. Happy to be here and look forward to another 10.
I'm happy to have met you and enjoyed many rounds with you buddy. Hopefully we can do it again one day soon.

I had to check this out when I saw the TV Commercial because I didn’t believe it was true.

I have seen it all. A $500 litter box called the Litter Robot. An automatic litter box cleaner that looks like an egg. WiFi connect and all. 😂

Last thing I need in my life is to have an app tell me when a cat drops a deuce.

I'm happy to have met you and enjoyed many rounds with you buddy. Hopefully we can do it again one day soon.
Same here my friend. I always enjoy the rounds we play and look forward to being able to get out again sometime soon!!

Well, looks like covid has claimed another victim. The range and little 9 hole right behind my office :mad:

And I pretty much dislike the one at my local course but I guess it's all I got left now

Thats going to be an Amazon warehouse now. So there's that.

Thats going to be an Amazon warehouse now. So there's that.
Oh damn thats where they're putting it? At first I was all for it, now I regret my support :mad:

Why do really bad thunderstorms always happen in the middle of the night? It’s like they know dogs are terrified and will make sure no one sleeps that night.

This didn’t happen last night but we are in for some fun this evening according to the weather people.

1620056226019.png

Good morning THP.

So tired of these 30* swings in temperature day to day. Go home Michigan your drunk!

So tired of these 30* swings in temperature day to day. Go home Michigan your drunk!
1620057356211.png

they made a shirt for this....;)

Cmon FedEx where you at today?

I strongly dislike dandelions and creeping charlie.
Ortho Weed B Gon with the silver cap works as well as anything I've tried. Hit it hard on a spot basis and maybe about six weeks later to address what's left. That, and trying to strengthen my lawn has knocked it down by about 90% in the last year, and I'm going after the remnants thius year. I figure it will take three years to really knock it out, and even then, I'm sure there will be the occasional spot killing.

Ortho Weed B Gon with the silver cap works as well as anything I've tried. Hit it hard on a spot basis and maybe about six weeks later to address what's left. That, and trying to strengthen my lawn has knocked it down by about 90% in the last year, and I'm going after the remnants thius year. I figure it will take three years to really knock it out, and even then, I'm sure there will be the occasional spot killing.

Therein lies part of the issue - thanks to environmental concerns I'm limited in what I can get here in Canada for effective weed control. I usually grab a bottle during my annual golf trips, but honestly my infestation is so bad I think they only way I'll rid my yard of it is to kill it wall to wall and start over.

I did buy some Roundup yesterday and sprayed a very large section that was behind my garage. It was black when I checked it this morning, I will hit it again if I have to. At this point I'm not concerned with the grass.

Watched a rabbit make a nest in my backyard this morning. It was interesting to see but it is amazing that it’s in the middle of the lawn about 10-15 feet or so from the house.

Watched a rabbit make a nest in my backyard this morning. It was interesting to see but it is amazing that it’s in the middle of the lawn about 10-15 feet or so from the house.
You should see a squirrel at work doing it. They get unhappy when you get in their way.

Back