The Official Banter Away Thread

I am very much looking forward to going to a movie theater tomorrow night. I am a huge movie fan and like to go to the theater often to see almost any movie. Not being to a theater since Covid began over a year ago has been depressing. This summer might still be lacking for good titles, but the fact movies are being released and you can go is a great start.

We are adapting to our ongoing boom-town growth (much of it affluent amenity seeking buyers) and the associated massive increase in tourism (it was already at a high level previously with YNP, ski resorts, fly fishing, hunting, etc). Our joke to each other was that our day to day life was like most people's vacation. My wife this morning amended the saying: We now live in the middle of other people's vacation. :oops:

Hopefully the hard partying vacationers left me an open tee time today. The weather is perfect. :cool:

I think when the border finally opens I'm gonna throw the clubs in the truck and drive south to play a round of golf just because I can.

Golf is a funny game. My round yesterday I couldn't get a good bounce to save my life on the front nine. Windy / blustery day yesterday caused situations where I planned for a wind to push it and then the wind drops so the ball, on my target line, goes straight, catches a tree branch and drops short of the green instead of moving left 10 feet. Or I hit a 4 iron off the tee on a short part four and flush it to center of the fairway only to find a mudball and no preferred lies. Or hit 130 yard par 3 and it one bounces on the green off the flag stick and off the green. Ended up shooting 44.

Then it all turned around at the turn. Got a lucky break or two. Dropped some putts. Ended up shooting 37.

This game is wacky at times.

I love a match when my opponent makes me putt short ones early. I usually make most of them and start feeling automatic from even farther out. I personally give the short ones early and then make them make them later after not having a chance to practice. Awesome that you guys got to play today! 😍

That's the Jack Nicklaus Ryder Cup strategy! I once read an interview with him where he talked about being paired up with a newb in the Ryder Cup. Nicklaus was very cordial and congenial, and was giving this guy every 3 and 4 footer he had. Once Nicklaus noticed that he didn't drop and practice the first couple of gimmes, which is allowed in match play, he gave the guy all of them! That is right until the end! Nicklaus was in, and the guy had yet another 3-4 footer to tie the hole.

The guy placed his ball and looked at Nicklaus. Jack just stared at him stone faced! Go ahead and make the putt! He wobbled up to it shaking like a leaf, and stabbed it past the hole badly!

Okay @rlefig and @fuffle master just two more nights sleep until your amazing trip to Bellerive. Looking forward to it

Okay @rlefig and @fuffle master just two more nights sleep until your amazing trip to Bellerive. Looking forward to it
Sleep is over rated and almost impossible as the excitement builds. @rlefig and I have been chatting and looking to bring the excitement to the forum to follow on the live thread.

1622467660468.png

Please, if the fire dept shows up to your house, have clothes on. Please.
Just seeing this, but still laughing way too much.

We got Thai food from a new place tonight, and it came with something I haven't had in maybe four years - fortune cookies. Mine said:

When the moment comes, take the top one.

What does that even mean? Who's writing these things, the ghost of Yogi Berra?

We got Thai food from a new place tonight, and it came with something I haven't had in maybe four years - fortune cookies. Mine said:

Restaurants and Yogi “ nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded”.

Every time I open a fortune cookie I think of my old karate instructor from years ago - he always said he'd love to get ahold of a bunch of fortune cookies and put fortunes in them like "You will soon die an untimely death", "A large unexpected expense will strike you soon", "Your loved one is cheating on you", etc. :LOL:

Restaurants and Yogi “ nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded”.

He truly is America;s greatest 20th century philosopher.

When I landed after being caught in a management purge at my old company, I wrote a personalized thank you to everyone who had helped me in my search, but they all began with this Yogi Berra quote: "I'd like to thank everybody who made this day necessary."

My goal when spammers call is to yell no into the phone until they get mad and hang up. It drives my wife nuts. Gotta enjoy the little things 🤷‍♂️

I always think if I answer my number automatically goes on a "He Picked Up!!!!" list and my calls will grow x10. :mad:
Yea, call forwarding from my office doesn’t give me any caller information so I need to answer in case it’s work. So I might as well have fun with those extended warranty folks. And I haven’t noticed an increase in calls. Turning lemons into lemonade?

My wife ordered something as my Father's Day gift from Lithuania!! This should be interesting! Now you know why I buy my own gifts!:ROFLMAO: She means well though!

My goal when spammers call is to yell no into the phone until they get mad and hang up. It drives my wife nuts. Gotta enjoy the little things 🤷‍♂️
I have a modem sound saved on my PC that I play when scammers call. They get to listen to 14.4k baud of glory!

So it it like a 2 for 1?

Back