The Official Banter Away Thread

Coming soon to a THP forum near you: Course Photo of the Day: HG&CC Edition......

Spent a significant portion of the last couple days doing some landscaping, planting a little Japanese maple and about 20 hostas.

Being this physically exhausted but also being potentially woken every 3 hours is not a good combo

My goal when spammers call is to yell no into the phone until they get mad and hang up. It drives my wife nuts. Gotta enjoy the little things 🤷‍♂️

I once heard a comedian describe his method for dealing with telemarketers. He'd engage with them and pretend to be interested. But, he'd keep veering off into tangents and engage the person in idle chit chat. He made a game of it, seeing just how long he could keep them on the line! Said he kept one dogged guy on there for nearly 45 minutes before the guy said that he really needed to go!

I once heard a comedian describe his method for dealing with telemarketers. He'd engage with them and pretend to be interested. But, he'd keep veering off into tangents and engage the person in idle chit chat. He made a game of it, seeing just how long he could keep them on the line! Said he kept one dogged guy on there for nearly 45 minutes before the guy said that he really needed to go!
I’ve done that if they call while I’m walking the dog, but 45 minutes is darn impressive!

Went to North Carolina to deliver our Marines new to him car. Started last Wednesday and we were in the only storm in the US at the time. Our little gps blue dot was right in the middle...most of the way!

White knuckle a lot and slowing down to 45mph on Interstate just to see at times. Little car has some pep when it was clear enough to try and get ahead of it. Mother nature is fast though.

Got to see the base and of course visited the golf course. Picked up a ball marker. That place is huge!

He really liked the modifications I did to the car and hope he keeps his foot out of it. Warned him it will be cheaper for us to fly out and get it if he gets a ticket!
IMG_20210602_193831.jpg
IMG_20210602_193914.jpg
Spoiler, tint, grill, wheels, back cover. Got him a 50 cal carbon fiber antenna too, not your grandma's SUV anymore.

Good visit and longest road trip without golf I've had. He's happy, momma's happy...makes me happy.

Last edited:
Finally got that bloodwork done that I’ve been putting off for months. Yes months. I don’t like needles. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I built it up to be in my head. I didn’t even die!

Finally got that bloodwork done that I’ve been putting off for months. Yes months. I don’t like needles. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I built it up to be in my head. I didn’t even die!

We are finally getting rain in Wilmywood! It's only been 3 months!

And here's another way to deal with them...

Used to hear these on Bob & Tom. Hilarious!

Not being able to play much this year, I have been a bit off. Yet the last two rounds have been pretty darn good. First in Chicago at Edel Experience, and then two rounds at Bellerive CC for Shaft Up. Driving the ball extremely well, irons were spot on. Need to get my putting under control and if so, I might be back to before the long hiatus.

Feels pretty good, but more importantly feels good to get out with THPers.

Not being able to play much this year, I have been a bit off. Yet the last two rounds have been pretty darn good. First in Chicago at Edel Experience, and then two rounds at Bellerive CC for Shaft Up. Driving the ball extremely well, irons were spot on. Need to get my putting under control and if so, I might be back to before the long hiatus.

Feels pretty good, but more importantly feels good to get out with THPers.
It's nice to see you're able to get out a little bit lately. Evidently playing in moderation is the right plan for you.

If you actually like going to the Dentist, I don’t think we can be friends. Who could ever enjoy going to the dentist? It might be the one doctor everyone hates unilaterally. Sorry, if you are a dentist. 😂

Thankfully, that is done for another six months.

It's nice to see you're able to get out a little bit lately. Evidently playing in moderation is the right plan for you.

Its good getting out too. I hit the ball pretty darn well the last few days and off the tee was longer than I have been in a long time. The Tour Edge C721 with Kinetixx is a great pairing for me.

If you actually like going to the Dentist, I don’t think we can be friends. Who could ever enjoy going to the dentist? It might be the one doctor everyone hates unilaterally. Sorry, if you are a dentist. 😂

Thankfully, that is done for another six months.

Haha, my cleaning is this upcoming Tuesday. I don't mind the dentist when it's just a cleaning, that's usually pretty quick. It's when they make you do all the x-rays and stuff, I feel like I am there forever.

Its good getting out too. I hit the ball pretty darn well the last few days and off the tee was longer than I have been in a long time. The Tour Edge C721 with Kinetixx is a great pairing for me.
Don’t let @JB fool anyone the man got game. Especially, with the little he actually gets to play. It was a great pleasure to play with him these past couple days.

Don’t let @JB fool anyone the man got game. Especially, with the little he actually gets to play. It was a great pleasure to play with him these past couple days.

You too. Between your chatting with yourself pre shot, to the way you pronounce words, it was all an absolute blast.

Don't forget, he has the THP Tech Studio where he can get some sneaky practice in ;)

Sold our house.......now we gotta find somewhere to live. My votes for going over budget for the homes available on a golf course have been denied by the wife. Will continue to press. :ROFLMAO:

The high temperature was 48 degrees last Sunday. This Sunday the forecasted high is 90. Go figure. But, I'd rather play in 90 degree weather at this time of year than 48.

Sold our house.......now we gotta find somewhere to live. My votes for going over budget for the homes available on a golf course have been denied by the wife. Will continue to press. :ROFLMAO:
I should sell our house and move back in with my parents until the market crashes again and pick up something cheap.

Show her other amenities like a pool and spa that they have

Back