The Official Banter Away Thread

Reason #139 (totally made that up just now typing this) why I don't have new irons is an unexpected H.N.T.D.

Called plumber since I noticed water around base of toilet a few times. He couldn't replicate the problem but said he could replace the wax sealer thing under the toilet and told me how long it would take and estimate. Sure, do that since you're here already. After removing the toilet from floor he finds the bolts connecting the tank are loose which is likely the cause of the water on floor problem so he says he'll replace them. Turns out old bolts are completely rusted on. Says he can use a Sawzall but if he cracks something he can't get replacement parts because the brand isn't around anymore.

So thanks to the bolts, along with the hairline crack he found at the base of the tank that could cause future problems...Happy New Toilet Day! Ugh.
But, think if it this way. You get a whole new commode to fit comfy

My sister shared this screen shot of a voicemail from mom. For the record, our mom is very proper and would never speak like this. Siri found a funny way to say she doesn’t know how the “Find My” app works.

E8CE4A37-0CB4-4E6A-A9F5-12DE344261B9.jpeg

So, if you're a couple and you're waiting in line somewhere to get into a store/restaurant/etc., and one person leaves the store and the door control person gives you the option to split up or wait and you refuse to split up, shouldn't you let a single in line behind you in?

I read your post and wondered if you lived in Canada. Sure enough! I live right across Lake Erie from you here in NE Ohio. I am fully vaccinated and no longer need to wear a mask unless the place I wish to enter demands it. And there are less of those every day. What happened up there? Back in the day I remember reading and hearing news reports about how much better Canada was handling the pandemic than we were!

But, think if it this way. You get a whole new commode to fit comfy

Play your cards right and you could come out of this with a padded toilet seat!

My 5 year old figured out how to download free apps on the iPad. God help us all!

Learn to use the parental lock settings
I do. She has access to apps rated for 4+. Before, she didn’t know how easy it was to download. Now she does.

I read your post and wondered if you lived in Canada. Sure enough! I live right across Lake Erie from you here in NE Ohio. I am fully vaccinated and no longer need to wear a mask unless the place I wish to enter demands it. And there are less of those every day. What happened up there? Back in the day I remember reading and hearing news reports about how much better Canada was handling the pandemic than we were!

in the interest of maintaining the forum's rules about politics etc I will just say somebody put the decimal in the wrong spot LOL

My dumba** forgot to wear a respirator when fogging for mosquitos tonight. Instead I smoked a cigar. Needless to say my sinuses are killing me now!

My dumba** forgot to wear a respirator when fogging for mosquitos tonight. Instead I smoked a cigar. Needless to say my sinuses are killing me now!

I can't argue with your assessment. How can you forget to wear a respirator when doing that?

I can't argue with your assessment. How can you forget to wear a respirator when doing that?
Because I had already cut the lawn, sprayed fungicide and decided to fog on a whim since its going to be 100+ this weekend. I’m a moron. 😜😜😜😜

Because I had already cut the lawn, sprayed fungicide and decided to fog on a whim since its going to be 100+ this weekend. I’m a moron. 😜😜😜😜

Now that's a little harsh - maybe.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Hope your sinuses recover quickly.

The beer I just finished tasted a lot like I'll be working from home tomorrow.....:D

It's a wee bit toasty here today (at 5:50 pm):

IMG_4408.jpg

One of our fresh out of college engineers said he lived in a van for a summer.

Of course I asked “Was it down by the river?”

Our older team members laughed. The younger ones just a year or two out of college - crickets.

Wow. I felt old.

For those of you who have people on the ignore list, how much did it take for you to put them there? Was it an instant decision or did a series of posts drive you to it?

It's a wee bit toasty here today (at 5:50 pm):

View attachment 9013433
But it only feels like 109°..... don't know what you are complaining about :LOL:

For those of you who have people on the ignore list, how much did it take for you to put them there? Was it an instant decision or did a series of posts drive you to it?

But it only feels like 109°..... don't know what you are complaining about :LOL:
I only have a few people on the ignore list and every one is on there for one reason - trolling. There are a few on here that get a satisfaction of Turing everything into an argument even when the original comment was never intended to debate.

I only have a few people on the ignore list and every one is on there for one reason - trolling. There are a few on here that get a satisfaction of Turing everything into an argument even when the original comment was never intended to debate.
1624025675088.gif

Yeah, I had a couple like that but it seems like they have been gone for a while now
I was just curious how long people left it before putting them on the list as there is some users who I just can't believe are serious with their posts

Yeah, I had a couple like that but it seems like they have been gone for a while now
I was just curious how long people left it before putting them on the list as there is some users who I just can't believe are serious with their posts
For me, I let it slide the first couple of times. As soon as I start getting annoyed by it, I ignore them.

Most of them don’t last long enough to get to me. I only put 2 people on there and they have been gone for awhile. It was numerous posts that were argumentative for no real reason. I don’t need that in my daily life.

Back