The Official Banter Away Thread

Today, I had a training class with a super nice guy that had three phones and an iPad that never stop ringing. I am not sure if I admire him or fear him?
I get work isn't supposed to be enjoyable, but how does one not lose their sanity over that.. the money better be worth it to be that in demand or require all that attention all the time

I’ll banter but if better for the rant thread, send it there, 🤣

I’m only bantering because a rant seems counter to me now.

Certainly not a rant but I’m in so much of a better place now. At max I’ve dropped 114 pounds. I’m a little (within 10#) above that right now. I was gaining it back with purpose, then broke my stupid elbow yesterday. Funny that I passed on the supplemental bone break stuff just last week at work that would have paid for itself this year. Well yesterday, lol. :p

Again @OldandStiff you likely called it but I’ve found a lady. Proper and all. Dangit but someone that I enjoy being around and will put up with zero crap? Prolly for the best.

I’ll banter but if better for the rant thread, send it there, 🤣

I’m only bantering because a rant seems counter to me now.

Certainly not a rant but I’m in so much of a better place now. At max I’ve dropped 114 pounds. I’m a little (within 10#) above that right now. I was gaining it back with purpose, then broke my stupid elbow yesterday. Funny that I passed on the supplemental bone break stuff just last week at work that would have paid for itself this year. Well yesterday, lol. :p

Again @OldandStiff you likely called it but I’ve found a lady. Proper and all. Dangit but someone that I enjoy being around and will put up with zero crap? Prolly for the best.
Heal and golf again, be happy, it’s less stressful, trust me, I know. Great on the weight loss too. I’m in a similar weight status.

Ugh. Back is brutal. Slept like 4 hours last night. 😕

Back pain sucks. I slept wrong a couple weeks ago and my right shoulder blade is still not right. BIG.TIME!

Back pain sucks. I slept wrong a couple weeks ago and my right shoulder blade is still not right. BIG.TIME!
So dumb. Im not a fan of this aging shite. :LOL:

But, 54 holes yesterday probably wasn’t wise either :oops:

I'm with ya....did some landscaping Sunday, gimped thru 18 yesterday and need to cancel Thursday and Friday's round 😑

As one who has had back pain on and off for YEARS, I sympathize. My weight loss and exercise have helped me more than I ever could have expected. So you young whippersnapper, you'll likely snap back fast. But if not, do you have access to an inversion table? I use that pretty regularly as well - to decompress - both literally and figuratively. If not, then stretches, heating pad and Naproxen - hope you bounce back fast.

yeah, aging sucks! odly enough my back doesn't bother me when I play or when I'm moving around a bunch, just when I get to sitting still, which I do for 10 hours at a time while at work, lol.

Wait until you get really old 😂. Seriously though, as someone who has dealt with back issues for more than 25 years, I wish you the best and hope you can be pain free.

The way I see it, if I get past the upcoming trip and Friday's 36 holes the rest will be a huge bonus. I'm in decent shape but old. So, there's that.

As one who has had back pain on and off for YEARS, I sympathize. My weight loss and exercise have helped me more than I ever could have expected. So you young whippersnapper, you'll likely snap back fast. But if not, do you have access to an inversion table? I use that pretty regularly as well - to decompress - both literally and figuratively. If not, then stretches, heating pad and Naproxen - hope you bounce back fast.

As someone with a herniated and bulging disc, I second the advice to stretch. I am also a big proponent of doing back specific and core strengthening exercises and yoga.

I know this shouldn't bother me, but I was walking Arrow just now and someone asked me not to let him in their yard. She was nice enough about it, but it still put me in a really bad mood. And I really don't know why. It's her private property, she has the right to ask that, and it's not like she yelled at me, but it still got under my skin. I think the fact that it made me so mad is what's bothering me, more so then the fact that she asked. Anyway, random thought of the day.

I know this shouldn't bother me, but I was walking Arrow just now and someone asked me not to let him in their yard. She was nice enough about it, but it still put me in a really bad mood. And I really don't know why. It's her private property, she has the right to ask that, and it's not like she yelled at me, but it still got under my skin. I think the fact that it made me so mad is what's bothering me, more so then the fact that she asked. Anyway, random thought of the day.

weird request. that's part of the deal living in a neighborhood.

now people who don't pick up after their dogs are a different story and deserve a special place in hell. :mad:

It’s been a while since I’ve had someone do that to me and it always leaves me feeling the same way. Usually I just mutter something and move on, but once a guy was a little too aggressive in his request and I let him know exactly what I thought about it. Sure enough he had a weird little wire fence put up shortly after. People like that need to find some acreage and get out of my sidewalked neighborhoods.
C648ADE5-1EB3-4404-9BD2-8A26BC7F1801.jpeg

weird request. that's part of the deal living in a neighborhood.

now people who don't pick up after their dogs are a different story and deserve a special place in hell. :mad:

I totally agree. Our leash has the bags connected to it. You can by like 700 bags on amazon for under $10, there is absolutely no excuse for not picking up after your dog, that drives me crazy!

It’s been a while since I’ve had someone do that to me and it always leaves me feeling the same way. Usually I just mutter something and move on, but once a guy was a little too aggressive in his request and I let him know exactly what I thought about it. Sure enough he had a weird little wire fence put up shortly after. People like that need to find some acreage and get out of my sidewalked neighborhoods.
View attachment 9017777

That was basically how it went for me. She asked, I said ok in a confused sort of tone, and moved along. Every one of your neighbors has a dog, you live on a corner lot, get over it. But again, it is her private property so I understand she has the right to ask, but it still just left me feeling super uneasy for some reason.

Don't get me started, we live on a corner seems our yard is doggie toilet central - there is also that strip between the sidewalk and street - now, when I walk MY dog I make sure he's only on that strip I won't let him go on other lawns. My neighbors are not that neighborly. And a few of them leave their dogs gifts for me to find.

Maybe that's why your neighbor was asking - perhaps trying to find a nice way of saying get off my lawn. I have been less kind when I catch a perp not cleaning up after their dog - or the few that never let their dogs go on their own lawns - it's ok for my lawn to have brown patches but not theirs?

I totally agree. Our leash has the bags connected to it. You can by like 700 bags on amazon for under $10, there is absolutely no excuse for not picking up after your dog, that drives me crazy!

That was basically how it went for me. She asked, I said ok in a confused sort of tone, and moved along. Every one of your neighbors has a dog, you live on a corner lot, get over it. But again, it is her private property so I understand she has the right to ask, but it still just left me feeling super uneasy for some reason.
Not that I'm defending the lady, because really the only instance I would say something is if I saw you let your dog take a crap in my yard and then left it. I would then say something, but she has probably had multiple people's dogs go the bathroom in her yard and then the owner leave it. Again, not defending her, but that would be my guess as to why she said something. Still a little overboard though if you ask me on the lady's part.

Don't get me started, we live on a corner seems our yard is doggie toilet central - there is also that strip between the sidewalk and street - now, when I walk MY dog I make sure he's only on that strip I won't let him go on other lawns. My neighbors are not that neighborly. And a few of them leave their dogs gifts for me to find.

Maybe that's why your neighbor was asking - perhaps trying to find a nice way of saying get off my lawn. I have been less kind when I catch a perp not cleaning up after their dog - or the few that never let their dogs go on their own lawns - it's ok for my lawn to have brown patches but not theirs?

They literally did ask, get off my lawn. It wasn't a nice way of saying it, it was direct. Like I said, it's her private property, she has the right to ask, it just didn't sit well with me. I don't let arrow get into people's flower beds out of respect for people who would work in them, but regular grass just seems odd to me. You live in a neighborhood, literally everyone around you, but you, has dogs, just seems weird. But it is her right, so it is what it is. I don't have to like it though haha.

Not that I'm defending the lady, because really the only instance I would say something is if I saw you let your dog take a crap in my yard and then left it. I would then say something, but she has probably had multiple people's dogs go the bathroom in her yard and then the owner leave it. Again, not defending her, but that would be my guess as to why she said something. Still a little overboard though if you ask me on the lady's part.

I totally get that, and I have said something to people who don't pick up in my yard, that's just flat out rude and there is no excuse for that.

Oh, if she was not nice boardering on rude then F*ck her! I am nice (in spite of how annoyed I get) again, unless they don't clean it up. No reason for any neighbor to not be nice to another. I see Halloween tricks coming to her house?!

I totally get that, and I have said something to people who don't pick up in my yard, that's just flat out rude and there is no excuse for that.
agreed. I haven't lived in an actual neighborhood for a few years now. I don't have to worry about random dogs in my yard anymore, just gotta worry about getting sprayed by a skunk at 430 in the morning walking out to my car in the dark, which has almost happened multiple times, lol.

Oh and my neighbor's donkey getting out and walking down to our yard. lol. Makes me think about when it got loose last time and I told the guys on my Grandaddy team I had a Jackass outside my window that wouldn't shut up and they thought I was talking about my neighbor. Nope, I had a literal jack ass outside in my yard and sent a picture to prove it, lol

Pro tip, kids:

Whataburger doesn't use different cups for their milkshakes, so when you ask for a large chocolate shake, your get a LARGE chocolate shake.

Back