The Official Banter Away Thread

In honor of my Bridgestone boys (@Smiter @Vortex @PKorf @Nerdy_81 and others I'm blanking or cannot find) ... July 2019 was such a fun time.

Played a round here on the Fazio course. Withe views of an epic building @PKorf hit with the longest 9 iron I've ever seen hit. Hahaha and the island green the wreaked havoc on my less than stellar game.
View attachment 9017319View attachment 9017320
@Gman79 - que pasa! Thanks for posting the photos from Firestone. #Envious. Our trip with THP and Bridgestone in July 2019 was a fantastic weekend. I was lucky enough to play in a Pro-Am with Jerry Kelly in June. He said Firestone is the best event on the Champions Tour.

I’m enjoying the Bridgestone wedges. Putting a 48* and 50* in the same bag is a head-scratcher for most. The 48* is great for 120-125 yards and the 50* is solid at 105-115. Full swing with the 56* is 90-100 yards. I like this gapping. 56* is due for replacement but will wait until this winter. Hope your game is trending in the right direction.

7FA1D725-6F41-49EF-B183-F4F5B05344CB.jpeg
9BEA55A9-2660-4419-90D1-6AE835A87690.jpeg

INJECT THIS STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS PLEASE.
1626973092950.jpeg

Taking off tomorrow and Monday for a long bday weekend .. I havecti try and squeeze a round in somewhere in 4 days but it's not looking to good with all the Damm plans

I know this shouldn't bother me, but I was walking Arrow just now and someone asked me not to let him in their yard. She was nice enough about it, but it still put me in a really bad mood. And I really don't know why. It's her private property, she has the right to ask that, and it's not like she yelled at me, but it still got under my skin. I think the fact that it made me so mad is what's bothering me, more so then the fact that she asked. Anyway, random thought of the day.
That is strange, and I would certainly be slightly angered if I were in your shoes. A request like that is warranted if you had let Arrow on her property, but asking you not to do something that you've never done seems over the top.
I think it actually works in reverse, because I know if it were me I would want to let Arrow wander into the yard even though it was something that I would never, ever have considered before.:confused: It's like when they put a "don't touch" sign in front of something. What's our natural instinct?

My hero of the week. This happened in nearby Saratoga this week:

Melissa Thompson-Flynn, 61, said the fox came up behind her while she was jogging. A bystander called out trying to warn her, she said.

"I look down and there's a wild animal attached to my leg," she said. "I fell to the ground ... I'm screaming my head off and I'm grabbing the animal and trying to get it off me."

When she managed to pry the animal off of her leg, it sank its teeth into her right arm, she said. Thompson-Flynn, a retired U.S. Army officer who served in Iraq, used her left arm to grab the animal by the throat, attempting to choke the fox.

"I said 'you (expletive) with the wrong woman. One of us is going to die and it's going to be you!' " Thompson-Flynn said.

Sometimes, things need to just stay dead. I’m not saying, I’m just saying. ;)

this made me laugh yesterday. my wife and i are taking a trip to savannah this weekend. she asked me to call one of the restaurants about their dress code. the nice gal who answers the phone says “business casual.” so i say like khakis and a button down? she says oh no, you can wear jeans, or shorts. just not pajamas or a bathing suit. i’m not sure her definition of business casual is the same as mine lol

this made me laugh yesterday. my wife and i are taking a trip to savannah this weekend. she asked me to call one of the restaurants about their dress code. the nice gal who answers the phone says “business casual.” so i say like khakis and a button down? she says oh no, you can wear jeans, or shorts. just not pajamas or a bathing suit. i’m not sure her definition of business casual is the same as mine lol
Well business casual these days does involve people in pajamas sitting behind a computer at home haha

I no longer enjoy wearing trousers (pants for my US friends). I like joggers, especially the slimmer, cargo Nike ones like this:

They look nice and they're very comfortable.

I'm not a fan of wearing the baggier joggers outside as they don't look as good. They more for home wearing.

I no longer enjoy wearing trousers (pants for my US friends). I like joggers, especially the slimmer, cargo Nike ones like this:

They look nice and they're very comfortable.

I'm not a fan of wearing the baggier joggers outside as they don't look as good. They more for home wearing.
You mean like Romo is wearing here? :ROFLMAO:

double rainbow sort of day.....1. it's raining in Phoenix. That always makes me smile.

2. I have my first iron fitting scheduled for 3:45p this afternoon at True Spec Golf Scottsdale!

I'm pretty sure business casual around here is anything above swim trunks. The only restaurant in town you can't get into wearing shorts, flip-flops and a tank top is at my golf club, they require a collared shirt (but you can still wear shorts and flip-flops!)

We had a very interesting interaction at the course today with a marshal. We were a foursome following a threesome of golfers who hit their drives 180 yards but would wait for the green to clear when they still had 220 plus left. A twosome caught us on the third hole. The fifth tee was a good opportunity to let them past, so we offered. They said they knew that it was slow ahead of us and not to worry about it, don't rush our game etc.

We were playing the twelfth hole and the Marshall came by and waited for us to putt out. When we got to our carts he told us that there were two twosomes behind us and that he had talked to both of them about joining up. He said that they declined, and that we shouldn't worry about them - our pace of play was good and that we didn't need to rush our game, don't feel intimidated if we see them waiting etc. It was such a diversion from the normal player/marshal interaction that it really caught me off guard. It's also one of the reasons why I always enjoy playing this particular course.

We had a very interesting interaction at the course today with a marshal. We were a foursome following a threesome of golfers who hit their drives 180 yards but would wait for the green to clear when they still had 220 plus left. A twosome caught us on the third hole. The fifth tee was a good opportunity to let them past, so we offered. They said they knew that it was slow ahead of us and not to worry about it, don't rush our game etc.

We were playing the twelfth hole and the Marshall came by and waited for us to putt out. When we got to our carts he told us that there were two twosomes behind us and that he had talked to both of them about joining up. He said that they declined, and that we shouldn't worry about them - our pace of play was good and that we didn't need to rush our game, don't feel intimidated if we see them waiting etc. It was such a diversion from the normal player/marshal interaction that it really caught me off guard. It's also one of the reasons why I always enjoy playing this particular course.

We had somewhat of a similar situation a few years bacl , but we didn't allow it to develop to your level. At a local course, the starter informed us that we would be teeing off on the back, as they had an outing slated who would, of course, want the first tee. We drive to #10 tee, and there are 2 foursomes of the "The Really Ancient Golfers Society" ahead of us. We sat back there for 20 minutes, and the group in front of us had still dropped anchor in the fairway. I told my group to saddle up, and we were going to go talk to the starter!

Before talking to him I cruised the parking lot and looked at all the pavilions. They have a lot of them and can host a lot of outings. There was nobody there setting up anything! So, I drive back to the clubhouse and confront the starter. I asked him what time this outing was supposed to tee off. He told me a time a good hour and a half away! I could barely keep from blowing my stack, although I did ask him if they had any idea about how to run a golf course! I told him that if we teed off then, the outing would never see us.

I also told him that if he didn't let us tee off on the first, I'd head to the clubhouse, demand a refund, not a raincheck, and never play there again! My buddies backed me up, so he let us go. We had a delightful front 9 on an empty course. And we caught up to "The Really Ancient Golfers Society" on #17 and 18! We were willing to wait for a couple of holes, but not the entire round!

Monsoon season is in full swing in the desert southwest. The Dark Sky weather app is blowing up my phone everyday with thunderstorm warnings, severe weather warnings and flash flood warnings. The notification area covers the whole tri-state region (parts of AZ, CA, and NV), so it’s a pretty large area with lots of weather activity.

A year in with kid #2, and the wife has been against letting her cry anytime when she is in her crib. The result of this? Wife sleeping on the couch with baby most nights of the week.

She finally broke down, and is giving in to a bit of sleep training. Me putting the kid to sleep. If she is in the crib and cries, well we give it a couple minutes.

Magically, the kiddo is sleeping in the crib. Tonight woke up crying in the crib, and after a couple minutes, lays back down and back to sleep....... we could have done this months ago..... probably should have months ago.

I knew it was important to get fit. But WOW! I had no idea.

We had somewhat of a similar situation a few years bacl , but we didn't allow it to develop to your level. At a local course, the starter informed us that we would be teeing off on the back, as they had an outing slated who would, of course, want the first tee. We drive to #10 tee, and there are 2 foursomes of the "The Really Ancient Golfers Society" ahead of us. We sat back there for 20 minutes, and the group in front of us had still dropped anchor in the fairway. I told my group to saddle up, and we were going to go talk to the starter!

Before talking to him I cruised the parking lot and looked at all the pavilions. They have a lot of them and can host a lot of outings. There was nobody there setting up anything! So, I drive back to the clubhouse and confront the starter. I asked him what time this outing was supposed to tee off. He told me a time a good hour and a half away! I could barely keep from blowing my stack, although I did ask him if they had any idea about how to run a golf course! I told him that if we teed off then, the outing would never see us.

I also told him that if he didn't let us tee off on the first, I'd head to the clubhouse, demand a refund, not a raincheck, and never play there again! My buddies backed me up, so he let us go. We had a delightful front 9 on an empty course. And we caught up to "The Really Ancient Golfers Society" on #17 and 18! We were willing to wait for a couple of holes, but not the entire round!
Your encounter reminds me of a course we played in SC a couple years back. Only two guys wanted to play that day, so I booked in as a twosome. We get to the course early, pay and check in with the starter. "Sorry guys, I don't have another twosome to pair you up with" was the comment he made. We sat and watched four (yes four) twosomes tee off in succession ahead of us :facepalm:

Well, that's only because the people in those other two somes are idiots! And I think the course should be able to tell them, "You will play with this other two some, or you can go back to the clubhouse and get a refund!"

One time, at a local upscale, daily fee course, the starter came to me and my buddy and asked if we'd mind being paired up with a couple of ladies! He included the info that they were decent players, and were there all the time. So we said yes! Why not? And it turned out that I was able to help one of the ladies with her game, and she gave me a peck on the cheek after the round! All good!

Oh yeah Stadium Course is booked!!! Next Tuesday!

9540D099-88B4-4A76-BDC0-FB4F9FB01042.jpeg

Back