The Official Banter Away Thread

We finally have blue skies with the storms finally out of the area and hopefully the courses dry out in time for weekend play!

Clearly the person who created this does not have cats. The last time I checked, cats can pull down with their paws which will unravel a roll mounted like the top image, however they have difficulty (not that they can't do it) pushing up which makes the "mullet" style mounting the preferred option.

I totally added another dimension to the "toilet paper" discussion that has been happening here this morning.

Stopped at a local coffee shop (national chain) and used the washroom. Only to discover that the dispenser was empty. Completely empty. No cabinet nearby with extra rolls, no hand towel dispenser, etc.

I sacrificed a sock, and if I had to I'd do it again too;)

Clearly the person who created this does not have cats. The last time I checked, cats can pull down with their paws which will unravel a roll mounted like the top image, however they have difficulty (not that they can't do it) pushing up which makes the "mullet" style mounting the preferred option.
Only a savage puts it "mullet" style. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Am I right @Canadan ??

Last night, during a random check of a yellow jacket nest in my back yard I started treating a couple weeks ago, I noticed what I was sure were beady little eyes reflecting back at me. We've had a ton of rain lately, so I was afraid the powder I used was no longer effective. Decided to go spray it again, and now I have a bunch or white yellow jackets clumsily flying around my fence above the nest. One of them flew into the wall just below the roof and I could see a puff of powder come off it.

I will say, after what seemed like a steady all day stream of those bastards coming and going, I hadn't actually seen one since a few days after I first implemented my attacks. I forget what this stuff is called, but it works.

Only a savage puts it "mullet" style. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Am I right @Canadan ??
It's pretty funny, since someone (read: Not me) left the bathroom door open today and our dog unattended. He had his way with the TP.

I think it was doomed regardless of direction.

It's pretty funny, since someone (read: Not me) left the bathroom door open today and our dog unattended. He had his way with the TP.

Isn't it doomed regardless of direction even if the dog doesn't have his way with it? 😂

Not sure why i feel the need to try kombucha every few months. It's never really any good.
Yep, had it once and that was enough for me.

I totally added another dimension to the "toilet paper" discussion that has been happening here this morning.

Stopped at a local coffee shop (national chain) and used the washroom. Only to discover that the dispenser was empty. Completely empty. No cabinet nearby with extra rolls, no hand towel dispenser, etc.

I sacrificed a sock, and if I had to I'd do it again too;)

Happened to me exactly ONE time! Kind of like locking your keys in the car. Now I check before I take a seat!

That was what I was thinking. Why not just close the bathroom door?! That's not hard to think of!

Prior to contracting covid I had lost weight and now I’ve lost even more, but way too fast. None of my shorts, jeans, slacks fit and I look like a hobo. It’s time to sell some Travis Mathew shorts and go buy new ones that fit. An expensive result of being sick.

this is the real truth.
Of all the items in our homes, toilet papers job is the shittiest.... and the most unappreciated

Prior to contracting covid I had lost weight and now I’ve lost even more, but way too fast. None of my shorts, jeans, slacks fit and I look like a hobo. It’s time to sell some Travis Mathew shorts and go buy new ones that fit. An expensive result of being sick.
I read that “man if I could get sick this diet would be easier haha

I read that “man if I could get sick this diet would be easier haha

I tend to get the illness that adds 10 lbs. I must be doing it wrong.

Mono was the best diet I ever had.

Mono was the best diet I ever had.

I’m 175 now from 198 in early June. All I wanted was for my clothes to fit a little more comfortable and now I’m staring at an all new wardrobe! Lol

I’m 175 now from 198 in early June. All I wanted was for my clothes to fit a little more comfortable and now I’m staring at an all new wardrobe! Lol
All my clothes shrunk during all the working from home. So weird.

All my clothes shrunk during all the working from home. So weird.

I don’t know how accurate this is, but I heard a gym owner on TV saying the average adult has gained 30 lbs since the pandemic began. I’ve been trying to lose, and I am down 15 lbs

I don’t know how accurate this is, but I heard a gym owner on TV saying the average adult has gained 30 lbs since the pandemic began. I’ve been trying to lose, and I am down 15 lbs
I have lost around 20lbs since March last year?? Guess I am not average :LOL:

I'm definitely up, but not that much.. but it was trending upwards long before covid... in fact, since just after the wedding 😕

When I'm out on my 3 month leave I plan to get active, pick up some adjustable dumbells and get out jogging each afternoon .. plus eating better, that's the key for me

Wouldn't surprise me. I put on quite a bit, but am now down 50 from my highest COVID weight.

Back