The Official Banter Away Thread

I didn’t post today while playing because I technically was working and worried if I looked at THP work impede on fun. My goodness, best Black Friday in forever playing with some THP’ers.

Anyone seen, own, or know someone who owns the Golden Goose sneakers? I know they are super popular right now, but they are $500 and they look weathered. I need to know what makes them worth $500.

Anyone seen, own, or know someone who owns the Golden Goose sneakers? I know they are super popular right now, but they are $500 and they look weathered. I need to know what makes them worth $500.
I don't know anything about them, but I imagine people who were paid to wear them are telling people who have to pay for them that they're the best thing since sliced bread, and those people are lemmings who will do whatever "influencers" tell them.

I don't know anything about them, but I imagine people who were paid to wear them are telling people who have to pay for them that they're the best thing since sliced bread, and those people are lemmings who will do whatever "influencers" tell them.

I follow a lot of fashion YouTube channels and they are always talking about dupes, and I never bothered to even look them up to see how much they cost, and we passed by a Golden Goose store today and I finally saw the price. I just don’t understand $500 for shoes that look beat up.

You don't know anything about them but you have to put a dig on the people that buy them. Believe it or not people buy things without influencers input.

I follow a lot of fashion YouTube channels and they are always talking about dupes, and I never bothered to even look them up to see how much they cost, and we passed by a Golden Goose store today and I finally saw the price. I just don’t understand $500 for shoes that look beat up.
Same reason as people pay 200+ dollars for distressed jeans. I don't know what that reason is but I assume it's the same one.

You don't know anything about them but you have to put a dig on the people that buy them. Believe it or not people buy things without influencers input.
Correct.

I’m dragging today. Kids are too. Grumpy. Haha

First time I’ve hit 1,000 posts in a quarter.

I love our Sonos system. Currently playing Elvis Christmas vinyl in my man cave, and it’s on in all rooms. :love:

New desktop just arrived from Apple, 3 days early, which is nice. Currently getting it setup and typing this from the new keyboard. I think this one will handle my video edits even better and the smaller monitor will be easier on my eyes.

Curious to see how things unfold for the Winter Olympics in the near-term. News from South Africa put a lot of wheels in motion. Perhaps the Tokyo protocols are sufficient. Time will tell.

I'm headed into the local Genesis concert now and I brought earplugs. Does that mean I am smart or officially old?

I’m about to eat a plate of stuffing.

Complimentary upgrade from my cheap 300 level seat to a decent 100 level seat. Sadly I lost my aisle seating, but one shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, right?
20211126_193018.jpg

Im about to eat a plate of Pecan Pie :LOL:
I’m probably do a plate of pumpkin pie next.
My wife just looked over and said, “you have a problem.” Who me?

I’m probably do a plate of pumpkin pie next.
My wife just looked over and said, “you have a problem.” Who me?
They’re so judgmental sometimes. :LOL:

Back