The Official Banter Away Thread

Feeling like golf may be cancelled in 2021...

Snow covered here in NEO...❄🌨⛄

Ran my new snow thrower today through 6" of wet, heavy snow. Really happy with how well it did. On the downside, the new machine is heavier than my previous one and I feel beat up after an hour of wrestling with that beast. It's not even December yet and I'm already tired of Winter.

I've decided that I could go without snow this year. I get that it's needed for the water sheds and water levels - but I don't mind not having snow right now and it being 23 degrees.

Although if it does snow - it can start now and then be done by the end of January. After January - it's just old and not needed. snowy December and Jan - I'm good.

Feeling like golf may be cancelled in 2021...

Snow covered here in NEO...❄🌨⛄

Yep! the thing is Ohio is like 2 different states. Ohio north of I 70 and Ohio south of I 70. It was mid 40's and sunny in the Cincinnati area today. :mad:

Stay safe dude.

Tons of roads underwater and closed in Langley already today...this one could be worse than last time.

I've decided that I could go without snow this year. I get that it's needed for the water sheds and water levels - but I don't mind not having snow right now and it being 23 degrees.

Although if it does snow - it can start now and then be done by the end of January. After January - it's just old and not needed. snowy December and Jan - I'm good.

I am down for no snow as well

Ran my new snow thrower today through 6" of wet, heavy snow. Really happy with how well it did. On the downside, the new machine is heavier than my previous one and I feel beat up after an hour of wrestling with that beast. It's not even December yet and I'm already tired of Winter.
Having a snowblower is so nice sometimes! Especially when there’s a thick blanket of the white stuff that needs moving.

I better get mine ready now that I’ve got a decent base on the gravel driveway.

I am down for no snow as well
This might sound weird, but personally I'd rather have the snow but only with mild temperatures. For example if it stayed around 32 for the majority of the winter but we received 5 feet of snow I'd be okay with that. What usually happens, however, is that we get an average temperature of mid-teens or colder and next to no snow because it's too cold. I can move snow easier than I can stay warm when working outside

Count me in the camp that believes there just isn't enough hours in the day. Actually, that's not right - there just isn't enough hours to do the personal things that I want to do. It's Sunday night and I'm sitting down to THP for the first time all weekend (I did a bit of posting from my tablet earlier but that doesn't count IMO)
I went to the curling club yesterday morning to deliver a backdrop I had printed for the organizer, with the intention of dropping it off and returning home - that was about 9:30 in the morning. I helped them hang it up, somebody ordered me a beer and next thing I know it's 8:30 and I need to go home because I have to be back at 7:00 to prep the ice today. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the social interaction, and the food and drink, but it wasn't what I had planned on doing.
Today I was back there at 7:00, but didn't play until 11:15. Fooled around on the 'net a bit, won our game and then sat down with the other team for a drink. Left at 3:00, was totally exhausted so fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow when I got home. Had supper around 6:00, wrapped my Secret Santa package and cleaned up all the leftover shipping packaging from too many Funko purchases.... Roll with the punches I guess? I honestly don't know how parents of small children do it.

This might sound weird, but personally I'd rather have the snow but only with mild temperatures. For example if it stayed around 32 for the majority of the winter but we received 5 feet of snow I'd be okay with that. What usually happens, however, is that we get an average temperature of mid-teens or colder and next to no snow because it's too cold. I can move snow easier than I can stay warm when working outside

Same thoughts on the other side of hte lake. I am fine with lots of snow. Reminds me more of how I grew up. But the single digit, 40 mph wind crap is for the birds.

I can still hit golf balls then go out and retrieve them if it's cold and without snow. But I can't really do that once there's snow on the ground.

While I wish Winter was a little shorter, I don't mind it. Once the snow hits the deer start showing up in my yard looking for alfalfa. The irony being that I'll spend hours in the deep woods during hunting season freezing my behind off and not see a single deer. When I return home, they are literally waiting in my yard for me to put alfalfa out. What's wrong with that picture?

I wanted to give you the eyeroll, but I do love puzzles, and I think that’s what you are trying to say. 😂
I thought you'd laugh.

Cal and I bought our first puzzles of the season tonight. Pokemon hype!

so a Tiger Dam is being deployed on HWY 1 out here... essentially a water-filled tube used to hold back water

Calgary-based Tiger Dam, for example, estimates that a mile of sandbags four feet high would cost more than $2.16 million US and use almost 1.6 million sandbags at a cost of $7.65 US per bag (this price is based on a calculation by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and is widely used in the flood protection industry). That’s the equivalent of 106 of Tiger Dam’s temporary dams at a cost of about $423,000 US, says the company.

so a Tiger Dam is being deployed on HWY 1 out here... essentially a water-filled tube used to hold back water

Calgary-based Tiger Dam, for example, estimates that a mile of sandbags four feet high would cost more than $2.16 million US and use almost 1.6 million sandbags at a cost of $7.65 US per bag (this price is based on a calculation by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and is widely used in the flood protection industry). That’s the equivalent of 106 of Tiger Dam’s temporary dams at a cost of about $423,000 US, says the company.

you might remember seeing the Othello Tunnels in the helicopter scene in First Blood

I'm thinking of giving up alcohol or at least greatly reducing it. It just doesn't agree with me anymore. When I have a drink it goes straight to my head and I no longer like that sensation and it also gives me a mild headache soon after. I've thought about giving up for a long time but after a while slip back into having a drink now and again.

I don't have any dependency on alcohol and I don't drink that often but when I do it is no longer enjoyable.

Let's see how it goes. The first month will be interesting. Also, I don't want to put pressure on myself to be completely abstinent. It may be better to reduce it first and then see how it goes.

We are breaking weather records here. Warm. I will get in a local Dec golf day. That’s crazy.

Course yesterday was super busy. We were stuck behind a painfully slow group playing really terrible golf. Each tee box at least two would only get out 50 or so yards, and then it would get worse. But on the greens it was pga tour pace, like each putt was for millions. Usually late season is only the hard core set. Big winds yesterday should have thinned the crowds. Nope.

With the new computer, I am switching from three monitors to two and I am not sure how well this is going to work.

Back