The Official Banter Away Thread

Okay… in all seriousness, they’re a collaboration between Tim Horton’s and Justin Bieber in an attempt to appeal to younger patrons. They’re going to be 3 special flavoured Tim Bits (aka donut holes).
Tim's bits, what is wrong with those two words together & food?!?!?

"Unpleasantly spicy" sounds perfect!
It ended up being ok. I just needed to do a better job evenly spreading the spice.

I’m having an internal struggle with the 3 down to 2 monitor situation. I love the space it has freed up on my desk, but I really miss the third screen. I’m sure over time I’ll get used to it, but it’s definitely going to take some getting used to.

ultrawide might be the answer. I went from three to two at work and one is an ultra wide that made it easy to handle.

ultrawide might be the answer. I went from three to two at work and one is an ultra wide that made it easy to handle.

Do you have you one recommend? I started looking and kind of got overwhelmed and just gave up. I think a curved one might make more sense for my desk set up too because I would like to put it in the corner of my L shaped desk.

Do you have you one recommend? I started looking and kind of got overwhelmed and just gave up. I think a curved one might make more sense for my desk set up too because I would like to put it in the corner of my L shaped desk.
I’ll take a picture of the box tomorrow when I get to work and send it to you. It’s curved also and sits I. The corner of my L shaped desk also. I’ll take a picture of the set up

I’ll take a picture of the box tomorrow when I get to work and send it to you. It’s curved also and sits I. The corner of my L shaped desk also. I’ll take a picture of the set up

Thank you! Do you by chance know the brand and model for cyber monday deals, I wouldn’t mind jumping on something tonight if it’s at a discount.

Thank you! Do you by chance know the brand and model for cyber monday deals, I wouldn’t mind jumping on something tonight if it’s at a discount.
Found a picture

1638237069540.jpeg

Thank you so much!

I found a similar one on costco on sale that I just bought. It’s not as nice as the one you posted, but this one fit my budget better. I got this one, hopefully it’s still a decent option https://www.costco.com/lg-34"-ultrawide-curved-wqhd-ips-monitor.product.100526649.html

I don’t really know what I’m looking for.
Yeah work paid for those so $$ didn’t matter , lol

from what I’ve seen they all the LG’s are great and I’m sure the one you got will be perfect for what you need. The curved bezel needs some getting used to, but I love it now.

Yeah work paid for those so $$ didn’t matter , lol

from what I’ve seen they all the LG’s are great and I’m sure the one you got will be perfect for what you need. The curved bezel needs some getting used to, but I love it now.

Haha, I saw that price tag and immediately went looking for a cheaper alternative. I like the LG for the split screen capabilities so I was pretty happy to find that at Costco. Amazon had one I really liked too, but it was $550 so I went with the one I posted. I also figured it’s Costco, so if I don‘t like it, returning it shouldn’t be too hard.

I had a feeling the curve would take some getting used to, but hopefully it’s a quick adjustment.

Haha, I saw that price tag and immediately went looking for a cheaper alternative. I like the LG for the split screen capabilities so I was pretty happy to find that at Costco. Amazon had one I really liked too, but it was $550 so I went with the one I posted. I also figured it’s Costco, so if I don‘t like it, returning it shouldn’t be too hard.

I had a feeling the curve would take some getting used to, but hopefully it’s a quick adjustment.

key to the curved (for me at least) is being or viewing right in the middle and find a good distance. Up close isn’t too bad if focusing on one part of the screen, but you get to a certain distance and it’s like a fun house mirror, lol.

key to the curved (for me at least) is being or viewing right in the middle and find a good distance. Up close isn’t too bad if focusing on one part of the screen, but you get to a certain distance and it’s like a fun house mirror, lol.

Oh no, that won’t be good for me, those things makes me feel so sick haha.

Fingers crossed it’s an easy transition, because I like the idea of the space saving better with the curved.

Oh no, that won’t be good for me, those things makes me feel so sick haha.

Fingers crossed it’s an easy transition, because I like the idea of the space saving better with the curved.
Sooo with the large screen is the idea you have two in one? Is there a snap to middle similar to left and right that exists? I have two 24" and to your point it's a lot of desk real estate for stands.

Sooo with the large screen is the idea you have two in one? Is there a snap to middle similar to left and right that exists? I have two 24" and to your point it's a lot of desk real estate for stands.

Yes, the goal would be to make that ultra wide monitor become two in one and allow me keep that desk space saving which I am really enjoying.

@Desmond Do you mind updating your email address with your THP Forum account?

Each time you get a PM, there is an email address error that we are receiving. Thanks so much.

This I totally agree with. I have a buddy that did the curve TV and it really is a central viewing that it required. @GolferGal if it doesn't work for you out of the box, play with the settings on it and also where you sit, your (or the monitor) height and placement angle. They can be great, but if it's not right for you it's one of those headache inducing things that are just a waste.

Back