The Official Banter Away Thread

I hate it being dark so early. Zero motivation

It's the worst. Feels like bedtime, then you look at the clock and it's like 6:45 pm!

How does one get a job as a window washer on a skyscraper? I can't say I've ever searched the want ads, nor am I actually interested in this position, but as I watch these guys rappel down the side of my building, and others in the area, I can't help but wonder how they got into it.

Does it look like fun? Yes! I'd definitely try it for a day.
As long as you're not afraid of heights and available 5 days a week I think you're pretty much qualified for the position. If you ever find out how to get into it let me know, an alternate career is always an option

Sooo with the large screen is the idea you have two in one? Is there a snap to middle similar to left and right that exists? I have two 24" and to your point it's a lot of desk real estate for stands.
I have an LG ultrawide at work, and I treat it like two 27" monitors. Snap an open window to each side of the screen and it's like younhave two decent sized monitors in front of you. If you want to get really creative you can split it into 8 screens each the size of a small tablet. Why you would want to do that is beyond me

I was driving home from work and it was dark shortly after 4 EST. Really made me sad. It's also making me hit the snooze button a little extra every morning

Holy… that is a lot of precipitation!

Yeah! Sucks that it happened to them, but I am soooooo glad that crap isn't coming our way! Seemed like every time I'd look at the weather map in the paper it was raining in the Pacific Northwest.

Heck yes just made me some potato cakes...and my goodness I am in heaven!!!

Ooh! My Mom would make Polish potato cakes for us on a fairly regular basis. But she didn't cheat and start with mashed potatoes, she would hand grate the potatoes on the fine side of a grater. Oh, did we kids love those!

It's the worst. Feels like bedtime, then you look at the clock and it's like 6:45 pm!

It’s worse when your retired and down 2 bottles of wine and realize it’s only 6:50 - nothing like being sound asleep by 8 and up by 4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s worse when your retired and down 2 bottles of wine and realize it’s only 6:50 - nothing like being sound asleep by 8 and up by 4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Years ago when I was first invited to join the golf group in Florida they told me everyone's in bed by 9:00. I scoffed and said "no way you guys are in bed at 9:00". After ten plus years of going, I'd be happy to see 9:00!

I work 6:30 am to 4:30 pm four days a week. It’s great in the summer, but once the winter hits, and it’s pitch black on the way to work and the way home from work, depression sets in quickly.

The one plus side is that I don’t feel I am day drinking quite as long when I start at 3:00pm on Friday.

The one plus side is that I don’t feel I am day drinking quite as long when I start at 3:00pm on Friday.
This is true. I’ve been cracking drinks at 4pm haha

Coworker needed a microwave after his went up in flames and I had a giant old one sitting in storage. Now my coworker has a new microwave and I have more space for more junk. It’s nice when things work out and you get to help someone in the process.

I work 6:30 am to 4:30 pm four days a week. It’s great in the summer, but once the winter hits, and it’s pitch black on the way to work and the way home from work, depression sets in quickly.
I feel this one. I worked shift work for over a decade. Sets were 4 days on, 4 days off. Day shifts were 06:30 to 19:00, and night shifts were 18:30 to 07:00. Felt like I never saw daylight.

1638360693770.png

I'm thinking about starting a petition to rename budget golf Santa golf. With all of the deals they have been sending our way I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of the forum bought a present for themselves from there.

Uh oh, people at work seem to have figured out that I password protect their Excel files with ‘abc123’…

Back