The Official Banter Away Thread

Transferring files from old mac to new mac is easy with the app they provide. Part of me wishes I didn't do it though and started fresh. Only 6 hours to go 😭

There is currently no logic in this situation. No boundaries, no matter if I try to set them or not. It's a full breakdown, and I'm simply not equipped to deal with it properly, but I'm basically a mother to this person so a lot of times it all falls on me. I am just glad they are starting to get help, and I have volunteered to be a part of the sessions if it will help. Maybe I can learn tools to help this person that way as well.

as has kinda been mentioned, knowing when enough is enough is one of the hardest things. because there is no one-size fits all answer. The mixed emotions are normal/expected. There comes that tipping point where you are doing everything you reasonably can and it's not enough. To do more, would still not be helpful, and become increasingly harming to one's self. Getting them, or forcing them (if your state allows), to professional help is the only option.

Transferring files from old mac to new mac is easy with the app they provide. Part of me wishes I didn't do it though and started fresh. Only 6 hours to go 😭
It really is easy. Mine said 8 hours but ended up being only 90 minutes.

We had to cancel and then start again and for whatever reason that sped it up to a fraction of the time. But the process itself is really amazing, and then everything just works.

There is currently no logic in this situation. No boundaries, no matter if I try to set them or not. It's a full breakdown, and I'm simply not equipped to deal with it properly, but I'm basically a mother to this person so a lot of times it all falls on me. I am just glad they are starting to get help, and I have volunteered to be a part of the sessions if it will help. Maybe I can learn tools to help this person that way as well.
You are clearly in a very difficult situation, and it's not something that I would personally ever wish upon another. It won't feel right, but know in your heart that at the moment there are no right or wrong answers/actions you can take, because the mindset of the other person is completely upside down. I've been that other person, so know that I'm not trying to bad-mouth your relative. All you can do is what you believe is the right thing to do in the moment, even if that means telling them you're going to need a minute. Until they have had a couple of sessions and possibly added medication into the mix it will be difficult to handle, but you have to go into this with the long-term plan in full view. It doesn't develop overnight, and it certainly doesn't go away overnight but it's a process. Just being there for them as much as your personal life will allow is huge, but be careful not to let it overwhelm you. I would suggest you have a serious discussion about it with Josh and have him keep a close eye on you; if he sees something that shouldn't be you need to be made aware of it immediately.
Mental illness of any kind is a horrible, horrible animal and I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this. Stay positive whatever you do!

It really is easy. Mine said 8 hours but ended up being only 90 minutes.
Haha mine said 16 hours and currently down to 5hrs and 47 mins

Haha mine said 16 hours and currently down to 5hrs and 47 mins
As @GolferGal said, we had a glitch and had to cancel and start over and then it was flying. WIth that said, I didnt bring everything with me.
I use an external HD that houses a lot of large video files.

Looks damn familar. Just took care of ours as well. 45 minutes start to finish.

View attachment 9060491
What's that boxy thing you're hunched over behind? Is that one of them new fandangled modern shovels the kids have all been talking about?

People that say they miss snow are the same people that never intend to live where snow is a thing.
I sure do miss the snow 😆

People that say they miss snow are the same people that never intend to live where snow is a thing.
I sure do miss the snow 😆
Who are you?

After seeing 205,000 files transferred and 4 hours 19 mins left to go I'm really regretting not just starting with a clean slate :(

U-Haul could not provide enough trucks for people wanting to leave California last year.

California remained the top state for out-migration, but its net loss of U-Haul trucks wasn’t as severe as in 2020. That can be partially attributed to the fact that U-Haul simply ran out of inventory to meet customer demand for outbound equipment.

living vicariously through a friend that just got fit for 921 HMF with Modus 120s - these are awesome clubs

Looks damn familar. Just took care of ours as well. 45 minutes start to finish.

It sure does. First time all year I had to use my snowblower. Had it for 15 years and its a beast. Still starts on the first pull. My neighbor not as fortunate. He came over to tell me his wouldn't go forward through the snow, his wife is a nurse and had to leave for work so I did their driveway first. Lucky the NFL didn't schedule Bills Patriots tonight. Im sure there is even more snow in Orchard Park. On the bright side my wife had some Lipton Noodle Soup ready when I came in.
View attachment 9060491

Google Betty White today!

What's that boxy thing you're hunched over behind? Is that one of them new fandangled modern shovels the kids have all been talking about?

Yup. Drives like a pickup but doesn't get the ladies.

Quick update: still snowing

Back