The Official Banter Away Thread

I spoke too soon yesterday, now the boy is down and out. 😭

I've never coached any youth sports before but yesterday I offered to help my son's basketball coach
I’d agree it is!

it’s tough watching this game. 7th grade girls - We’re not good. The other team from Minneapolis is hitting J’s from all over the court and one girl just Eurostepped us. We have yet to score. And they’re still pressing.
That's a tough scene. My son is 8 and we had something like this happen in his basketball game yesterday. The other team was way more skilled than ours and 2 or 3 kids were unrelenting on defense. Our kids are just trying to figure out how to not double double and the other team had a full defensive press going :ROFLMAO:.

I spoke too soon yesterday, now the boy is down and out. 😭
That sucks James's. It's like a never-ending nightmare of sickness going on right now. We had the flu bug make the round in December and Rona hit the house the beginning of this month. It's a miserable time right now.

That sucks James's. It's like a never-ending nightmare of sickness going on right now. We had the flu bug make the round in December and Rona hit the house the beginning of this month. It's a miserable time right now.
It’s making me wish I’d told the school no to filling in this semester.

It’s making me wish I’d told the school no to filling in this semester.
completely understand! But we appreciate it more than we could ever let you know!

I've never coached any youth sports before but yesterday I offered to help my son's basketball coach

That's a tough scene. My son is 8 and we had something like this happen in his basketball game yesterday. The other team was way more skilled than ours and 2 or 3 kids were unrelenting on defense. Our kids are just trying to figure out how to not double double and the other team had a full defensive press going :ROFLMAO:.
I just don’t see why teams play down. What good does it do for an “A/B” team to play down in a “C” tourney? If a coach really wants their team to get better, play up or play the “A” tourney. How does winning 36-4 help with anything?

Here’s a kicker to this…. I grew up with one of the other coaches. He avoided me after the game.

Reactions: KEV
Our December was absolutely BRUTAL as well. Hoping we don't have to deal with anything like that again this year.

I just don’t see why teams play down. What good does it do for an “A/B” team to play down in a “C” tourney? If a coach really wants their team to get better, play up or play the “A” tourney. How does winning 36-4 help with anything?

Here’s a kicker to this…. I grew up with one of the other coaches. He avoided me after the game.
Ha, sounds like he knew they probably shouldn't have done that.

The rest of our season is going to be interesting. We only have one coach so I volunteered to help him with practice. I've been coached before so it will be interesting, especially when he's gone a couple of the weeks and I'll have to take it all on. It should be a fun experience with the kids though.

Ha, sounds like he knew they probably shouldn't have done that.

The rest of our season is going to be interesting. We only have one coach so I volunteered to help him with practice. I've been coached before so it will be interesting, especially when he's gone a couple of the weeks and I'll have to take it all on. It should be a fun experience with the kids though.

From all the parents - thank you for helping. Nothing better than the bonds You make with the players. They last a lifetime.

This commercial is amazing 😂

My Granny lives in an Assisted living facility. She's 88 and the most kind woman you will ever meet. There are so many like her in this facility. Just precious older people. Anyway, they have hired some 17 year old techs and I've about lost my cool on one of them about 10 times. The elderly need empathy, kindness, conversation, and love. Young people need to be taught that again. :mad:

I am so sorry you are dealing with that. I would go full on nuclear on those kids. I have the biggest soft spot for the elderly. It absolutely crushes my soul to think that they used to be so young and vibrant, and now need help to do basic things. It’s too my for my brain and heart to handle, so if I saw someone disrespecting them in anyway, I would lose it on them.

I am so sorry you are dealing with that. I would go full on nuclear on those kids. I have the biggest soft spot for the elderly. It absolutely crushes my soul to think that they used to be so young and vibrant, and now need help to do basic things. It’s too my for my brain and heart to handle, so if I saw someone disrespecting them in anyway, I would lose it on them.
Well, we did the next best thing and spoke to the owner. I didn't want her to come back and take it out on my Granny so I let her know calmly how to handle the situation next time then let her know I was watching her. The owner has already pulled her aside and she came to apologize to my Granny and the girl almost started crying (rightly so).

I just wrote about the ugliest putter from a major OEM that I think I have ever seen.

The Jeep Wagoneer starts at 61k. Grand Wagoneer starts at 89k. Let that sink in for a second. That commercial is hysterical.

I remember handshakes ….

Oh yeah! And we actually still do them! Back in the fairly early days of the 'Rona, just after the golf courses here in Ohio had reopened, I was introduced to a young man who was the Grandson of one of the members of my buddy's Sisters group. He could hit the ball a country mile! Something else I remember from the days of persimmon woods, forged irons, and balata cover balls!

Anyway, when we were introduced, without thinking, I stepped forward and stuck out my hand. And we shook hands! I said immediately after, "OH MY GOD! WE'RE BOTH DOOMED!" We just laughed.

Alhough I agree with you, I would also say that it's not just teen agers. One night my Mom and Step-Dad were out, and on the way home she suggested stopping by the assisted living facility to see his Mom. They walk in and there's no one behind the counter! No one in the lobby at all! So, they start searching! Eventually they found a whole bunch of people crammed into one room! They were seated in something like school desks with the desktop attached to the seat. One poor old lady had slid down in her seat so that her chin was hitting the back edge of the desk, and she was choking! So, they got everyone squared away there.

Now, my Mom is mad as a hornet, and goes on a mission! She finds the attendant asleep on a couch in another room and lights her up big time! This woman tried to threaten my Mom by saying she'd call the cops on her! My Mom told her to go right ahead! That after she got through showing the cops what was going on, there was no doubt in her mind about the attendant going to jail! She also followed up with calls to the management of that assisted living facility as well as the Ohio Department of Aging, calling for more inspections of these facilities. When my Mom got her dander up, she was a force of nature! Believe me. I've been the subject of it a time or two!

Oh, I should mention that this lady was late 40's, early 50's by my Mom's estimation.

Ugh. Magnolia Jude is not doing well. I don't handle my babies being sick, and she's my tank, so for her to be hurting...its not good. 😢

Screenshot_20220124-133250_Facebook.jpg

Back