The Official Banter Away Thread

Yah this was the year I followed it from start to finish (at least the competition part). Made work go by so much faster. Quite enjoyable.

For me this was the first time I followed the GD. Although I was 3000 miles away and dealing with more than 20 inches of snow, I was frequently checking the updates to the thread. Thanks for allowing me to share in the Experience.

For me this was the first time I followed the GD. Although I was 3000 miles away and dealing with more than 20 inches of snow, I was frequently checking the updates to the thread. Thanks for allowing me to share in the Experience.

I was in it back in 2017 but I sort of had a hangover last year and definitely wanted to follow along more closely this year.

I was in it back in 2017 but I sort of had a hangover last year and definitely wanted to follow along more closely this year.
You did an amazing job with the scoring spreadsheet! I wasn't able to follow along minute by minute, so the spreadsheet was key for me! I will say the live thread was the only thread that I really paid attention to over the past 3+ days, every free minute and my down time at night was spent catching up. And, like others have said previously, I can now return to regularly scheduled programming! Well done again Adam!

You did an amazing job with the scoring spreadsheet! I wasn't able to follow along minute by minute, so the spreadsheet was key for me! I will say the live thread was the only thread that I really paid attention to over the past 3+ days, every free minute and my down time at night was spent catching up. And, like others have said previously, I can now return to regularly scheduled programming! Well done again Adam!

I just wasn't sure if it was going to happen again and I had the free time. I enjoyed it a ton while playing as I could see how everyone else was doing.

Apparently a denver to fargo flight necessitates a tiny gate. I'm surprised they don't have us waiting outside.

Apparently a denver to fargo flight necessitates a tiny gate. I'm surprised they don't have us waiting outside.
Wasn't too far off I guess :ROFLMAO:

20191206_104118.jpg

This video makes me so proud to serve on the board of governors at the Missouri Athletic Club.

left at the course today.
2BF3ED04-0E4D-4FC7-918C-2658610FE4D0.jpeg

Drinking a french vanilla capp from Tim Hortons.
Watching football and George Carlin.
Waiting for this cold to piss off.

Life is good.
Have you heard of: “The South”. I played 18 this morning. I did have to wear a base layer and a 1/4 zip. It was almost down to the 30s. ?

Drinking a french vanilla capp from Tim Hortons.
Watching football and George Carlin.
Waiting for this cold to piss off.

Life is good.

Love George Carlin! Vanilla cappuccino...not so much!

Have you heard of: “The South”. I played 18 this morning. I did have to wear a base layer and a 1/4 zip. It was almost down to the 30s. ?
I've heard of having a wife with a very stable, awesome job... screwing my relocation plans up royally.

What is going on today THP!!!!!???

Kiddo is down napping. Butter tarts done bakeing. Christmas goodies done. Wife making sugar cookies.

Now to start some online Christmas shopping!

What is going on today THP!!!!!???

Kiddo is down napping. Butter tarts done bakeing. Christmas goodies done. Wife making sugar cookies.

Now to start some online Christmas shopping!
omg I love butter tarts.

omg I love butter tarts.

No joke, I ran out of raisins so I did 3 tars with just filling in it, no raisins. It'll be the first time my kiddo will have one, and strangely the first time my wife will have ever eaten a butter tart.

I've heard of having a wife with a very stable, awesome job... screwing my relocation plans up royally.
Sounds like a sacrifice worth making.

No joke, I ran out of raisins so I did 3 tars with just filling in it, no raisins. It'll be the first time my kiddo will have one, and strangely the first time my wife will have ever eaten a butter tart.
nuts or no nuts?

I had to google. This sounds amazing

Last edited:
Sure do hate that pizza, it’s so dumb.

Oh look pizza.

Back