The Official Banter Away Thread

I’m re-watching the 30 for 30 in Jimmy Valvano and NC State’s amazing national championship run. Valvano is one of my coaching heroes. I have always admired his courage and attitude in his fight against cancer. What a great man.
Watch his ESPY's speech every year around this time. Even thought I can recite most of it, still get's dusty almost everytime I watch.

I'm going home next year for the first time in what will be 11 years. My twin brother is "marrying" his partner and my mother thought it would be good that I attend. So, I'm making a quick trip in May for about 6 days. I'm pretty excited about it.

I freaking love THP Holiday Cheer.
Giving away so much fun stuff this week and a Golden Ticket just might be coming.

Just not in the Christmas spirit this year yet. I hate winter as much as anyone but its the one time of year I say f**k it ... let it snow.

One by-product of being in a THP event and meeting people is coming back to the forum and reading their posts in their voice. some of these posts make so much more sense now that I understand personalities and voices.
Let's be honest. A lot of our posts will still make no sense :ROFLMAO:

Just not in the Christmas spirit this year yet. I hate winter as much as anyone but its the one time of year I say **** it ... let it snow.
I'm the same way right now. The late Thanksgiving and being gone the first week in December has me scrambling to get into Christmas mode.

But, let's go ahead and just bring on winter. Get it over with.

Just not in the Christmas spirit this year yet. I hate winter as much as anyone but its the one time of year I say **** it ... let it snow.

we got hammered last week. Snowed from Sunday afternoon straight till Tues AM. My yard was 26" of snow. Yesterday it was 45, today going to hit 50's and it looks disgusting now. I'm with you though, I like snow around Christmas.

we got hammered last week. Snowed from Sunday afternoon straight till Tues AM. My yard was 26" of snow. Yesterday it was 45, today going to hit 50's and it looks disgusting now. I'm with you though, I like snow around Christmas.

Wow I don't want that much snow give me 2-8 haha

@Jman i can’t eat pizza anymore, will you eat some for me?

lol yeah I didn't either, but I was at least hoping it would stay around. Now my yard is all patchy and its getting that "dirty snow" look to it. It was nice putting up the tree while it was snowing out though. A nice first Xmas memory for the new house.

Last edited:
lol yeah I didn't either, but I was at least hoping it would stay around. Now my yard is all patchy and its getting that "dirty snow" look to it. It was nice putting up the tree while it was snowing out though. A nice first Xmas memory for the new house.

Being from the same area, I know the feeling. Nothing like going from 20 plus inches of snow to mud. Plus in our area, the town didn’t finish leave pickups before the snow. So in addition to mud, there are going to be leaves all over.

Being from the same area, I know the feeling. Nothing like going from 20 plus inches of snow to mud. Plus in our area, the town didn’t finish leave pickups before the snow. So in addition to mud, there are going to be leaves all over.

I tried to clean mine up as much as I could, but have a couple of trees that really held on to their leaves late. So I will have to deal with that as well.

You ready to be a dad @ddec :oops:

scary right? I'm getting there. Finally off the road so nursery is almost done and still trying to unbox a bunch of stuff from the shower. 5 weeks to go, typing that alone scares the crap out of me.

scary right? I'm getting there. Finally off the road so nursery is almost done and still trying to unbox a bunch of stuff from the shower. 5 weeks to go, typing that alone scares the crap out of me.
Gonna be awesome! Before you know it, you'll be heading out one afternoon to watch them play in a soccer game with the temp hovering around 40 degrees and a 10-15mph wind blowing.......(me today :confused:)

pack a windbreaker my friend

That's about what we got, which is why I had to drive 1.5 hours for golf Saturday.

Had rain yesterday and a warmup today, hope my course is open for the next few weeks at least.

I'm so freaking excited for you!

Hey @jdtox if you need some help getting in the Christmas Spirit, you should get one of these. It's an Advent Calendar from Die Hard! Each Day Hans Gruber falls further down Nakatomi Plaza. Definitely a Christmas mood boost.
1575994342609.png

Hey @jdtox if you need some help getting in the Christmas Spirit, you should get one of these. It's an Advent Calendar from Die Hard! Each Day Hans Gruber falls further down Nakatomi Plaza. Definitely a Christmas mood boost.
View attachment 8918470
:D Ok that is awesome...even if Die Hard is NOT a Christmas movie

you are out haha

Haha I love the movie, I just don't understand what it has to do with Christmas other than the time it takes place

Back