The Official Banter Away Thread

Wooooo moar banter!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So I’m guessing some of the issues are because the other threads were so large? Hmmm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So many new threads today haha

Canadan said something about response times improving with all the thread closures. He’s right. Web version is faster.

dazeedmonds;n8876396 said:
Canadan said something about response times improving with all the thread closures. He’s right. Web version is faster.

We were spoiled all those years of absolutely LIGHTNING fast flips back to the recent posts hub haha

• Admin
PKorf;n8876346 said:
So I’m guessing some of the issues are because the other threads were so large? Hmmm

I am not sure, but figured it couldn't hurt to go through and close big threads. People were saying the big threads wouldn't load in Taptalk so I thought, let's get rid of them, and so I did. If you guys notice other threads let me know and I will close those and start new ones for those too.

GolferGal;n8876407 said:
I am not sure, but figured it couldn't hurt to go through and close big threads. People were saying the big threads wouldn't load in Taptalk so I thought, let's get rid of them, and so I did. If you guys notice other threads let me know and I will close those and start new ones for those too.

It’s helped immensely. One thing I’ve noticed is, basically anything that was or is a “sticky” thread wasn’t opening for me in Tapatalk in any forum or sub forum. Food....hobbies....equipment....check in....etc.

You’re doing a great job of trying to fix things.

PKorf;n8876412 said:
It’s helped immensely. One thing I’ve noticed is, basically anything that was or is a “sticky” thread wasn’t opening for me in Tapatalk in any forum or sub forum. Food....hobbies....equipment....check in....etc.

You’re doing a great job of trying to fix things.

Thanks!! TheAnnihilator is the fixer, I am like a triage nurse, I put bandaids on things until he can fix it haha. I can fix a few things, but most of the real tech stuff is beyond my abilities.

GolferGal;n8876407 said:

That could be a full-time job in itself.....

There are quite a few in the 'Courses, Reviews, THP Events and Outings' sub-forum

Heck, even the main 2019 Grandaddy thread probably won't open in Tapatalk for me as it has more than 2K posts

GolferGal;n8876425 said:
Thanks!! TheAnnihilator is the fixer, I am like a triage nurse, I put bandaids on things until he can fix it haha. I can fix a few things, but most of the real tech stuff is beyond my abilities.

That’s like me....with golf stuff. I can change a few things here and there but getting down to the nitty gritty and doing a complete reconstruct? I’d screw up more stufff rather than fix it.

TheDoctor;n8876426 said:
That could be a full-time job in itself.....

There are quite a few in the 'Courses, Reviews, THP Events and Outings' sub-forum

Heck, even the main 2019 Grandaddy thread probably won't open in Tapatalk for me as it has more than 2K posts

I am not going to do all of them because we will get this issue fixed, but for things like the ones I have done so far I think that's already a bit better right? If you see other threads like that (non event threads) please let me know and I will do my best to get them closed and a new one started. If it's not a thread that gets frequent use I will hold off until the actual fix is in place.

GolferGal;n8876622 said:
My power is out.

Large threads even overwhelmed your power :(

MWard;n8876637 said:
Large threads even overwhelmed your power :(

Check out the Duke outage map, half of Clearwater to port richey is without power. Although a neighbor on the other side of countryside reported their power is back. Mine, however, is not. So I’m sitting here listening to my neighbors whole home generator and thinking it’s time to make that investment.

GolferGal;n8876659 said:
Check out the Duke outage map, half of Clearwater to port richey is without power. Although a neighbor on the other side of countryside reported their power is back. Mine, however, is not. So I’m sitting here listening to my neighbors whole home generator and thinking it’s time to make that investment.

You guys getting storms right now?

Power is back, woohoo!!! The AC is saying it can't find my wifi, but hopefully that works it way out in a minute because no AC in Summer is a PROBLEM!

GolferGal;n8876711 said:
Power is back, woohoo!!! The AC is saying it can't find my wifi, but hopefully that works it way out in a minute because no AC in Summer is a PROBLEM!

How is Arrow taking the power outage? Hope he's feeling better

golfinnut;n8876712 said:
How is Arrow taking the power outage? Hope he's feeling better

He wasn't a fan, but he was less of a fan of the crazy storm that happened before it.

He is totally back to his old self, thank goodness, and thank you for asking.

GolferGal;n8876622 said:
My power is out.

That sucks. we dealt with that a few days ago (assuming over use of the grid) and the index was 109. We had just brought groceries and luckily it came back on after 45 minutes

mikeg_74;n8876748 said:
That sucks. we dealt with that a few days ago (assuming over use of the grid) and the index was 109. We had just brought groceries and luckily it came back on after 45 minutes

I am sure this was storm related, just so weird it happened after the storm passed. We were out for about 2 hours.

That is when it happens though isn't it, right when you come back with groceries.

Back