The Official Banter Away Thread

I love this! The improper use of seen/saw is another one that drives me crazy.
My brother says "irregardless" at least once every time I talk to him haha

Almost as cringy as my dad calling it "Chipol-teh"

Wait wait wait...

I thought people who went to THP HQ only did club work and video content all day :ROFLMAO:

Looks like you been had Dan - I would put a complaint in to the management :LOL:

20191108_174536.jpg

Our respite from the weather has ended. Rain that will turn to snow, always a lovely sequencing. Fresh bear tracks and scat on soggy hike this morning. With the compressed weather, it was a nice reminder for mindful strolling.

I'm not sure why but this seems like something @dazeedmonds would own.

5B96B806-3CA3-4BA1-A4CD-DB415C1E6A27.png

people are freaking out over rainbow poppies, and it all started as actual fake news:laughing:

Man what a long weekend. When a loved one passes its never easy especially when its a close one. That being said I have seen family every day for the last 6 days and on top of it mother nature decided to start winter a month early again. Its November 12 and the kids have their first snow day already.:rolleyes:

I need a vacation haha

source.gif

Life in a boom town. I decided to count out of state plates on cars during my 10 min 2 mile drive downtown to grab a salad for lunch and then 1 mile back to my office. Multiple MN, CA, WA, OR, WI, ID and then TX, OH, NM, SD, WY, NY, AB. We have huge tourism traffic in summer and winter but this is in-between seasons. The university has grown and tourism and celeb/wealthy have been a part of the community for some time, but now we are seeing people come here for the job opportunities. Growth comes with downsides like traffic and insane house prices but also an increase in amenities like restaurants, shopping, and even golf services.

Life in a boom town. I decided to count out of state plates on cars during my 10 min 2 mile drive downtown to grab a salad for lunch and then 1 mile back to my office. Multiple MN, CA, WA, OR, WI, ID and then TX, OH, NM, SD, WY, NY, AB. We have huge tourism traffic in summer and winter but this is in-between seasons. The university has grown and tourism and celeb/wealthy have been a part of the community for some time, but now we are seeing people come here for the job opportunities. Growth comes with downsides like traffic and insane house prices but also an increase in amenities like restaurants, shopping, and even golf services.
Obviously Yellowstone is a fictional show, but they do touch on this a bit. If you've seen that would you say that part of the show is somewhat accurate as far as how much of an influx of population you've seen out there? That's just curiosity on my part. I've been wanting to take a jeep trip out through Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Colorado for several years, during summer of course, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Obviously Yellowstone is a fictional show, but they do touch on this a bit. If you've seen that would you say that part of the show is somewhat accurate as far as how much of an influx of population you've seen out there? That's just curiosity on my part. I've been wanting to take a jeep trip out through Wyoming, Montana, Utah, Colorado for several years, during summer of course, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Yellowstone NP and greater Yellowstone is anything but a fictional show. It's massive and wild and worth the experience.

We used to get people who visited and found an attractive connection to place (nature, skiing, fly fishing, hunting, ranching culture, and things like that). The university has grown significantly and mostly from out of state students. We have also continuously gained ultra wealthy who buy mega homes and ranches and then spend 2 weeks a year at them. That created a large housing industry boom. But more and more we are seeing an urbanized newcomer who is here for the jobs in our growing high tech, service, and manufacturing industries. I used to work with a Yellowstone Club (exclusive homes in Big Sky) board member who was a big tech industry venture capitalist. He told me Bozeman was a top 10 for high tech business investment. These newer arrivals also like the townie lifestyle that Bozeman offers with trails and art galleries and music and the overall groovy. We have all these multi-story apartment complexes and downtown lofts. Those are a very different type of people than we've had over the years.

this is the fictional “Yellowstone” show that Hoosier is referencing. It is pretty good and does touch on many things you reference. One of the key conflicts in the show is between a new to town developer and long time rancher

this is the fictional “Yellowstone” show that Hoosier is referencing. It is pretty good and does touch on many things you reference. One of the key conflicts in the show is between a new to town developer and long time rancher

Got it. A tv show. I totally misunderstood. I don't watch much TV.

Do we have people and lifestyles like that? Yes.

I'm glad others have had good experiences, but my experience with EP has been sub par at best.

Originally contact Sep. 18th for a headcover. They get back pretty quick, I send my request over, they let me know price. Within a day ask for email to send me the invoice. 4 days later, I still don't have anything. Ok. Reach back out. They finally send, I pay right away. They then tell me they should have my rendering the next day. 3 days later, nothing. reach back out, they say they have been busy and will have something again tomorrow. Nothing. reach back out 4 days later, they finally send it. I say looks great lets do it. They say great (I'm assuming at this point it means they are starting it). 8 days later, I ask how long the process typically takes. They get back right away and say typically 4 weeks...cool, we're already a week or so in out of 4, that's great. reach back out almost a month later from this point, so nearly 5 weeks since I assumed they had started the process that takes 4 weeks...they get back and say thanks we'll get started on it now.

September 18th starting the talk/design, pay by September 23rd (all good to this point), October 1st to send rendering that they stated they would send on the 23rd - and when I assumed they would start the process, October 9th they tell me it takes in total around 4 weeks, November 5th they tell me they will start working on it. :unsure:

Am I in the wrong for being annoyed by that timeline? They have had payment since September 23rd (I understand I can't really complain or start a timeline until then), and didn't even start working on it until November 5th, with no mention in previous contacts that they were backed up or delayed for any reason. I would have been annoyed by that, but obviously understood...so on my end it looks like they straight up forgot to do anything for almost a month.

I'm glad others have had good experiences, but my experience with EP has been sub par at best.

Originally contact Sep. 18th for a headcover. They get back pretty quick, I send my request over, they let me know price. Within a day ask for email to send me the invoice. 4 days later, I still don't have anything. Ok. Reach back out. They finally send, I pay right away. They then tell me they should have my rendering the next day. 3 days later, nothing. reach back out, they say they have been busy and will have something again tomorrow. Nothing. reach back out 4 days later, they finally send it. I say looks great lets do it. They say great (I'm assuming at this point it means they are starting it). 8 days later, I ask how long the process typically takes. They get back right away and say typically 4 weeks...cool, we're already a week or so in out of 4, that's great. reach back out almost a month later from this point, so nearly 5 weeks since I assumed they had started the process that takes 4 weeks...they get back and say thanks we'll get started on it now.

September 18th starting the talk/design, pay by September 23rd (all good to this point), October 1st to send rendering that they stated they would send on the 23rd - and when I assumed they would start the process, October 9th they tell me it takes in total around 4 weeks, November 5th they tell me they will start working on it. :unsure:

Am I in the wrong for being annoyed by that timeline? They have had payment since September 23rd (I understand I can't really complain or start a timeline until then), and didn't even start working on it until November 5th, with no mention in previous contacts that they were backed up or delayed for any reason. I would have been annoyed by that, but obviously understood...so on my end it looks like they straight up forgot to do anything for almost a month.

Not at all and we have had similar experience. I know some love their quality, but their communication (like some others in the space) leaves a lot to be desired.
You should start a thread on it, so more can weigh in.

I've had 2 similar experiences with them. The first time I ended up just getting my money back since they were clearly completely uninterested in my business. The 2nd time I couldn't even get someone there to take payment. I'd complain about the communication but there wasn't any.
Their quality is undisputatable but quite frankly they run their business like a bunch of clowns.

Got it. A tv show. I totally misunderstood. I don't watch much TV.

Do we have people and lifestyles like that? Yes.
Your answer was what I was looking for though, and I appreciate your response. That's part of the country I just haven't been able to spend any time in yet and I'm always curious.

I have stories. Come out and I will share. (y)
Awesome, that is one of the trips I'm hoping to make in the near (warmer) future.

Back