The Official Banter Away Thread

Halfway through my busiest travel month in a long time. 3 work trips down, 3 to go before thanksgiving, 1 just after and then home for the month of December.

I've been so busy with work and stuff at home that it feels like I'm never on here anymore. This being an adult thing is overrated.

How’s the new job buddy?
I'm really enjoying it. I have a pretty great customer base that is really enjoyable to work with. It's been pretty great coming home at night and being in a good mood. I hadn't felt that way in years.

Dropped my son off at school, get a phone call 15 mins later that the school district is closed, followed by phone calls from the school to come pick up your kids. WTF! :mad: I am trying really really hard not to be completely annoyed by this ridiculous weather we are having.

Dropped my son off at school, get a phone call 15 mins later that the school district is closed, followed by phone calls from the school to come pick up your kids. WTF! :mad: I am trying really really hard not to be completely annoyed by this ridiculous weather we are having.

How bad is it there now? It dropped to a high of 62 today here. Brrr :D

Halfway through my busiest travel month in a long time. 3 work trips down, 3 to go before thanksgiving, 1 just after and then home for the month of December.

December golf! lets make it happen

It was 74 here yesterday. It's 29 right now. 45 degree drop in 18 hours!

Haha sorry 08° I really wish those numbers were reversed.

We had a crazy warm summer and fall, so it’s nice to get this reprieve of nothing higher than 78 for a while.

08 does not sound like fun, unless you are @GolferGal that wants cold

We had a crazy warm summer and fall, so it’s nice to get this reprieve of nothing higher than 78 for a while.

08 does not sound like fun, unless you are @GolferGal that wants cold
Nobody wants it that cold not even GG. We set 50 year old records for snowfall in a single day and cold temps the last couple days. It's so stupid. I actually told the kids sorry I'm moving to Florida at the funeral on Monday after we stood outside in a blizzard. :D They were not amused

Finally my Friday. Been so busy it feels like I’m getting nothing done. Today will be a day of completing projects.

Nobody wants it that cold not even GG. We set 50 year old records for snowfall in a single day and cold temps the last couple days. It's so stupid. I actually told the kids sorry I'm moving to Florida at the funeral on Monday after we stood outside in a blizzard. :D They were not amused

So I suppose the best method is not to say "Be right back, heading for milk" and then trailing off say "in St Pete".

I'm really enjoying it. I have a pretty great customer base that is really enjoyable to work with. It's been pretty great coming home at night and being in a good mood. I hadn't felt that way in years.
Very good! Crazy how things work out sometimes.

Reactions: KEV
Remember these things (most probably aren’t old enough). McDonalds Transformers and evening had McNuggets in their proper styrofoam container.

ED4657FF-5771-4225-9B20-1C4DED7B4ABC.jpeg
28EC0412-5B01-4F60-924A-872F4C26B2E0.jpeg

What would JB do

This is rhetorical right? No way in hell this goes on more than 30 seconds after I politely ask the person to put their feet down, before air security or flight attendant has me in a choke hold! It took significant restraint for me to de-escalate the guy who puts his boots in the overhead on my most recent work trip.... this would take me over the top!

Time for all airlines to enforce the no shirt, no shoes, no service standards!

When I left the mountains in NC this morning, it was 16°. Nice to be back home in northern Florida with a balmy 56°.

how bad is b&m retail doing? seeing lots of black friday and black friday pricematch sales already

Looks like I became enemy number one today in our community school district. ?

During our school board meeting I brought to the attention one of my big issues I have argued for the last four years. Pushing school start times to after 8-8:30am.

I am so amazed how parents always want schools to be baby sitters during their “at work” hours or want every program possible for their children. Yet, you try to change something that may affect a parent and all hell breaks loose. Lol

Such a polarizing topic of sleep cycle for adolescents.

Back