The Official Banter Away Thread

My daughter texted me today to remind me that six months from today she will turn 21.
It seems like yesterday I was dropping her off at day care.

I am on the 11th floor of an office building and have a view of a major street close to an intersection that gets a lot of traffic. I probably hear and then see a dozen accidents over the course of a year from my office. The screeching and then thud is unmistakable. I just heard one, so as I usually do, I take a look and see what happened.

The lady in the blue car seems to be at fault. She was a bit shaken up. But for the first time that I can recall, when she walked over to the person she hit, the older gentleman in the black suv walked right up to her and gave her a hug. Honestly, it was one of the most heart warming things I have ever seen.
B3A8F1EA-FE7D-4F0E-8867-B85B8F6DB2A5.jpeg

I am on the 11th floor of an office building and have a view of a major street close to an intersection that gets a lot of traffic. I probably hear and then see a dozen accidents over the course of a year from my office. The screeching and then thud is unmistakable. I just heard one, so as I usually do, I take a look and see what happened.

The lady in the blue car seems to be at fault. She was a bit shaken up. But for the first time that I can recall, when she walked over to the person she hit, the older gentleman in the black suv walked right up to her and gave her a hug. Honestly, it was one of the most heart warming things I have ever seen.
View attachment 8928244
it's amazing how quickly a bit of human decency can improve a situation.

View attachment 8928244

Do you run out there with a business card?

Do you run out there with a business card?
Haha its not my area of expertise, so to speak. But we have teased a few new employees over the years by telling them that the newest employee has to do just that. We usually stop them before they gown down in the elevator. Usually.

The complete lack of awareness of people putting their bags in the overhead bin is truly amazing to me.

It’s the worse - my favorite are people stuffing coats in there when the FA are saying on the PA don’t put your coats up there.

Haha its not my area of expertise, so to speak. But we have teased a few new employees over the years by telling them that the newest employee has to do just that. We usually stop them before they gown down in the elevator. Usually.

Thanks for the laugh. I’m assuming you’re in the legal profession.

Thanks for the laugh. I’m assuming you’re in the legal profession.
Correct, a civil/business litigation attorney. Although I definitely can understand JB’s thought, because I totally give off that slip and fall lawyer vibe.

Correct, a civil/business litigation attorney. Although I definitely can understand JB’s thought, because I totally give off that slip and fall lawyer vibe.

Hahaha.

That’s about 2 weeks away and I can’t wait

Almost Fiddy Plus 2
I can relate. I had colon surgery this past August. If I see another bowl of Jello or broth again in my life I'll freakin' puke. When I got the green light to eat solid food when I was released from the hospital there was a Wendy's right across the street. You've never seen a man wolf down a Baconator so fast in you entire life, I'll guarantee it.

Treat yourself well when you can finally eat, bro. You've earned it.

My daughter's birthday party just ended and that means the annual 4 month spending spree for family birthdays and holidays is finally over!!! Usually that means it's a time to upgrade some equipment but now we have to save for my wife to start her own business in the next year. I'm not sure I'm capable of not buying new golf toys.

A whole lotta this going around on here lately.......sheesh. Something change in the SEO?

Anyone in here do PSLF ( Public Student Loan Forgiveness), or just familiar with the rules and laws??. my accountant just wants me to double check we wouldn't be screwing ourselves with taxes as we file married but separate. My wife's a para w/ special needs kids so her payment amount is actually $0, 120 payments of that (just under halfway there) and the principal $36k would be forgiven. If we file jointly, sure we'd get a couple thousand more in tax benefit, but id be paying 5k/yr for the next 10+ years..

That is if the laws don't get changed now ?

My daughter's birthday party just ended and that means the annual 4 month spending spree for family birthdays and holidays is finally over!!! Usually that means it's a time to upgrade some equipment but now we have to save for my wife to start her own business in the next year. I'm not sure I'm capable of not buying new golf toys.

Well WHEN her business takes off just say you need a 300% return on your investment.... That's when my wife would say "b*tch I am your return on your investment"

Between craziness at work and sickness around the house, I feel like I've been paralyzed for the last day.

Weird. I can't really get any momentum going.

Between craziness at work and sickness around the house, I feel like I've been paralyzed for the last day.

Weird. I can't really get any momentum going.

Hope the little guy gets better soon.

The flu is running crazy down here too

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Hope the little guy gets better soon.

The flu is running crazy down here too
Well if it isn't the bionic man himself!!!

I've not enjoyed while enjoying following your journey. Glad things are coming around. ?

Well if it isn't the bionic man himself!!!

I've not enjoyed while enjoying following your journey. Glad things are coming around.

The damn drain tube came out today so that’s progress. Still pretty sore and if you saw my bruises you would think I have fought mike Tyson. But will be swinging again in hopefully 3 weeks. Good news is njo GErd issues since the procedure

Follow up appointment Thursday and I am going to tell doctor I am tired of eating blended soup haha

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

The Washington mini series on history channel is good

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Back