The Official Banter Away Thread

Silver lining to this COVID thing... I stopped biting my nails. A disgusting habit I have had since I was a young kid, but now I’m so cognizant of not putting my hands in my mouth.
Little victories ;)

Silver lining to this COVID thing... I stopped biting my nails. A disgusting habit I have had since I was a young kid, but now I’m so cognizant of not putting my hands in my mouth.
I remember as a younger boy doing this all the time and I never really thought about it. Amazing at all the crud I was putting in my mouth back in those days, but then I swallowed gasoline and all sorts of stuff and should be dead now. :ROFLMAO:

I'm super aware about my mouth too but I cannnnnot avoid touching my face. It is crazy how much I do it (and never knew)

I'm super aware about my mouth too but I cannnnnot avoid touching my face. It is crazy how much I do it (and never knew)

Same. I have such bad allergies so my face and eyes itch a lot and I have so much pressure I noticed I am touching my face all the time.

Same. I have such bad allergies so my face and eyes itch a lot and I have so much pressure I noticed I am touching my face all the time.
Most people really have no clue how many times they touch their face during the day. It is simply amazing how much it is done out of habit. I think the average is 23-25 times per hour.

Most people really have no clue how many times they touch their face during the day. It is simply amazing how much it is done out of habit. I think the average is 23-25 times per hour.
That number sounds both shockingly high and shockingly low at the same time.

Truthfully, I have no idea what day it is

I had to check the pill organizer for the dogs this morning to remember what day it is.

On the bright side, my beard is doing great! #CoronaBeard

On the bright side, my beard is doing great! #CoronaBeard

I remember why I've never grown one. I'm hoping that a month or so without having to shave will help.....I'm not optimistic though. :cry:

Haha, I have CNBC on in the background and one of the people working from home just had their dog bark in the background and Arrow did not like that, so now he’s barking at the TV.
Our dog is exactly the same - any dog on the TV and he is barking at it, although he also does it when there are other animals on as well

It can be quite funny sometimes if he is laid on the couch between us as he will also just lie there and watch whatever it is and growl away

huge crick in my neck this morning and I can barely turn my head. how did it happen? brushing my hair.

huge crick in my neck this morning and I can barely turn my head. how did it happen? brushing my hair.
My buddy couldnt golf with us once last year, had to cancel cause he hurt his back...tying his shoes. I was happy he manned up and was honest about it, cant say I would do the same if I was in his shoes...

I am 100% with you on this. I have been doing it for 36 years and have tried to stop on multiple occasions, and failed. I have now completely stopped and the urge is totally gone. My 6 year old also stopped sucking her thumb. No one wants to put their hands in their moth in my house except by 8 year old, who insists on eating every meal like she is at an Indian restaurant.

My buddy couldnt golf with us once last year, had to cancel cause he hurt his back...tying his shoes. I was happy he manned up and was honest about it, cant say I would do the same if I was in his shoes...
No wonder he hurt himself tying his shoes, if you were in them already. :ROFLMAO:

Brushing your hair? Forgive me....

I guess I'll take your word for it, unless someone hands it to me an lies about what it is I'll never try it

I had to laugh at this. My wife is Filipino and over the years I’ve tried some exotic (to me) foods. I know it’s bad when everyone in the room stops talking and watches me eat... after a few of these experiences I’m now firmly try first, ask later. If not I’d do a whole lot less tasting!

Captain's log star date ?%?$
What the hell is going on....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
giphy.gif

I was watching a fishing Webinar on Sunday, And one of the speakers suggested to hold a fishing lure with multiple treble hooks on them in your hands. He then said after two or three times of sticking your face with the hooks, you will stop touching your face. At least he did.:p:p:p

Back