The Official Banter Away Thread

I have decided it is time to look for another job - this one hasn't been what I hoped it would be, but there have been things over the last few months that I haven't agreed with and not been comfortable with (and I am not the only one to say this), and management have a very blinkered approach and certain personalities are starting to show through making it......difficult

Unfortunately, in the current climate and pandemic situation, jobs are few and far between at the moment, and I can't afford to not bring home a wage otherwise I would have handed my notice in

Work is such a huge part of our lives. Sorry to hear it's not working out for you but kudos for having the balls to recognize it and make the change (when the timing is right).

I have decided it is time to look for another job - this one hasn't been what I hoped it would be, but there have been things over the last few months that I haven't agreed with and not been comfortable with (and I am not the only one to say this), and management have a very blinkered approach and certain personalities are starting to show through making it......difficult

Unfortunately, in the current climate and pandemic situation, jobs are few and far between at the moment, and I can't afford to not bring home a wage otherwise I would have handed my notice in
That really stinks.. I was in a similar work position a little over a year ago. Best of luck in the search!!

The doctors set a date for my wife to have a C-section! JBCIV will be here no later than 10/19! That’s only 20 days!:oops:

The doctors set a date for my wife to have a C-section! JBCIV will be here no later than 10/19! That’s only 20 days!:oops:
It will be an amazing ride JBC3!! Get some extra sleep now!! We will keep your wife and child in our thoughts and prayers!

Got a bike. No more leg day for this guy! Wanted a trampoline, but wife overruled that one 😒

Got a bike. No more leg day for this guy! Wanted a trampoline, but wife overruled that one 😒
In her defense, probably the wise choice considering where you need to be next December. No need for a broken leg or anything.

This is a lot of our storage for corn and beans in these 3 tanks. Left to right 750k, 550k, 330k. The middle one is already full of corn to capacity. The left one will hold corn and the little one on the right will be soybeans
CD5579C9-4E51-4688-A11C-98F1B82D7508.jpeg

It got crazy busy all of a sudden. Seems everyone found dry corn all at once.

I've been in business and industry for over forty years, and my biggest career mistake - out of many - was staying too long at the fair, thinking I could fix it, or change it, or adapt to it, when deep down I knew I was unable to do any of them. You are smart to realize the best time to look for a new job is while you are employed. Job search is a lot of work, and it is very competitive, but the harder you work at it, the luckier you will get.

This is a lot of our storage for corn and beans in these 3 tanks. Left to right 750k, 550k, 330k. The middle one is already full of corn to capacity. The left one will hold corn and the little one on the right will be soybeans
View attachment 8966195
Couple of reefer loads of beef and you got the start of a shnit load of tacos there @Snickerdog .🤣🤣🤣

I hear you. Was nice to play yesterday. About 25 degrees warmer than the previous Sunday. Forecast here is Sunny and 60 this weekend coming up. Here's hoping we have a nice relatively warm October in upstate NY. Hoping to have a comfortable round or two in Novemeber this season.
We're all in the same boat. They've pushed our tee times back to 8:00 AM to allow the grounds crew enough light to cut the greens before we start. It's been alternating between 40 and 60 degrees when we tee off. Leaves are starting to blanket the fairways.

Normally I would be heading to Naples next Friday for 10 days of golf but not in the Covid era. On the plus side, if the weather one day is good it's easier to play hooky and golf - just claim you saw someone with Covid symptoms....

Yep, same here. I did 9 this morning with my wife. It was 80 degrees when we finished. The changing leaf colours are scenic but can make finding your ball a challenge in some spots as they fall.

View attachment 8965853
Wow. What course is this?

Good on you for making the realization! My first job I tried leaving two or three times but could never pull the trigger. When I finally did it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. You have to look at it this way: the company will always be there and they will make decisions that put themselves first. You have to do the same, because at the end of the day you are the only one that matters.

Congratulations to you and the Mrs! Thatll get here before you know it

7:10am tee time Saturday. 7:05am sunrise. 45°. Fall is here!

Early congratulations and best of luck. Scary, but wonderful times ahead.

Need just a bit of lull in the grain trucks so I can finish the end of month paperwork. :mad:

You playing a colored ball? Mavrik bombs are hard track in low light!
Oh yea! The big question is how far left do I aim? Need to carry the OB driving range to set up a second into the par 5 green.
1601565719513.jpeg

With, why are ny wired smoke detectors going off for no reason? They went off at 630, I adjusted and pressed the test button, then nothing for the 1.5 hrs til I left

Neighbor comes to my door and says they've been going off, dogs going nuts, etc. But sounds quieter now actually

Anyone have an idea why that may happen?

With, why are ny wired smoke detectors going off for no reason? They went off at 630, I adjusted and pressed the test button, then nothing for the 1.5 hrs til I left

Neighbor comes to my door and says they've been going off, dogs going nuts, etc. But sounds quieter now actually

Anyone have an idea why that may happen?

Dust in the detector. Get your vacuum cleaner and a bottle of canned air and have at them (firmly but gently.)

Back