The Official Banter Away Thread

We had 2.5 acres at our last place and I absolutely loved it. The only problem was that we were 45 minutes from town, and at least 20 minutes away from any kind of conveniences (gas station, post office, etc.), not even a mom and pop market close by if we needed something. Since most of the things I do are in town, I was driving in every single day and it got old pretty quick and I was burning through a lot of gasoline. If we could have acreage and be 10 minutes from everything I'd jump on it in a heartbeat (if it was affordable).
We chose this location and house because it had what we wanted, while still being 5 minutes to just about any store we need. Plus only 20 minutes to major airport and 25 to downtown.

My aunt and uncle just bought a house with a kitchen that looks very similar to this. I've only seen pictures but it looks absolutely gorgeous. The sad part is they have very unique, modern tastes and they are going to renovate it! It almost makes me sick to think they are going to destroy it.

My aunt and uncle just bought a house with a kitchen that looks very similar to this. I've only seen pictures but it looks absolutely gorgeous. The sad part is they have very unique, modern tastes and they are going to renovate it! It almost makes me sick to think they are going to destroy it.

That makes me sad too and I haven't even seen it haha.

The bigger question here, however, is do they have the hidden pantry? Because that's what dreams are made of.

Man I can’t tell you the last time I’ve been to a live concert, but me & my son are going to see Sister Hazel Saturday night!!! It’s going to be fun to listen to some live music!

Man I can’t tell you the last time I’ve been to a live concert, but me & my son are going to see Sister Hazel Saturday night!!! It’s going to be fun to listen to some live music!
Cool. Last one we saw was Hootie and the Blowfish with the Barenaked Ladies. September 2019, I think.

Grandma (93 yo?) Got in a car accident today... she says, in her very broken English mixed with Greek, "these seniors just don't pay attention to their surroundings, that's what happens when you put seniors together".. wasn't her fault, old guy cut her off when she had right of way

This is just 2 weeks after she fall backwards off my folks' front step and banged her head on the concrete, but her focus was on my wife picking up the food she cooked all day

And just a year or two after her last accident when she made a left and said "I don't know what happened, light was green, then not so green"

Man, she's just built different, externally and internally

Grandma (93 yo?) Got in a car accident today... she says, in her very broken English mixed with Greek, "these seniors just don't pay attention to their surroundings, that's what happens when you put seniors together".. wasn't her fault, old guy cut her off when she had right of way

This is just 2 weeks after she fall backwards off my folks' front step and banged her head on the concrete, but her focus was on my wife picking up the food she cooked all day

And just a year or two after her last accident when she made a left and said "I don't know what happened, light was green, then not so green"

Glad she's okay. Love to hear about people still going strong at that age, she sounds like a plucky old gal!

Glad she is okay man!!

That’s a tough couple of weeks. Glad she is came through it apparently no worse for the wear.

Cool. Last one we saw was Hootie and the Blowfish with the Barenaked Ladies. September 2019, I think.
That was my last concert as well. Exceeded expectations!

Okay who else looks at this IG post and sees @Canadan?

This may sound far fetched, but there is even more value in the process of "block chains". complete transperency and ownership of everything. THis will take down some major institutions. Ones like the banking industry while slow adopters, are getting on board with the movement and position themselves to survive. But imagine what will happen to things like Universities. Do you want a degree from an "institution" on directly from the nobel laureate that the institution is basing its standing on? Block chains will make that possible. just like direct to consumer pricing for music. Personal use or commercial, all controlled by the artist.

Is this blockchain kind of a more detailed version of something like MasterClass? MC is where you can get cooking lessons from Gordon Ramsay or astrophysics lessons from Neil deGrasse Tyson. Sounds interesting.

As far as the Bitcoin posts prior to this, it was my understanding that you couldn't just "buy" Bitcoin. You had to write an algorithm that would enable you to "mine" it! Not being a programmer, I lost interest immediately.

We had 2.5 acres at our last place and I absolutely loved it. The only problem was that we were 45 minutes from town, and at least 20 minutes away from any kind of conveniences (gas station, post office, etc.), not even a mom and pop market close by if we needed something. Since most of the things I do are in town, I was driving in every single day and it got old pretty quick and I was burning through a lot of gasoline. If we could have acreage and be 10 minutes from everything I'd jump on it in a heartbeat (if it was affordable).

Reminds me of when a high school buddy and his family move to the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. I forget which lake they bought a house on, but it was one of the big ones. Somehow it came to pass that me and another buddy sold him our 12' rowboat. It could be hauled cartop, and we sold him the whole rig and delivered it. We'd hang out at his place and party for a few days. His folks were cool.

One day I had to make a run and buy some smokes. He told me where the nearest market was, and it was 45 minutes ONE WAY! You had to spend 2 hours to buy a pack of smokes, quart of milk, loaf of bread, and jar of peanut butter! Which quickly became obvious why folks up there did NOT buy in those quantities. It also made obvious the reason for "hidden pantries"!

10,000th post. I didn't want to start a whole thread about it, but I had to say "Boom" somewhere. So "Boom".

10,000th post. I didn't want to start a whole thread about it, but I had to say "Boom" somewhere. So "Boom".

Congrats on 10K and thanks for being an awesome THPer!
1610681068783.gif

30 minutes of rowing is done and I'm in big time need of the Theragun. I hate being this out of shape.

30 minutes of rowing is done and I'm in big time need of the Theragun. I hate being this out of shape.
Right there with you. About an hour post workout I realized I badly needed a Theragun session. It’s like magic!

Reactions: KEV
Right there with you. About an hour post workout I realized I badly needed a Theragun session. It’s like magic!
Best thing ever for post-workout. I keep asking it "where have you been all my life?!?"

Back