The Official Banter Away Thread

Picking interior paint colors. I usually end up painting about 3-4 times before I find what I like. I can't pick very well from little the swatches and even painting sample areas doesn't give the full expression of color over the day and different light conditions.

Tee time scheduled for tomorrow at noon .

What kinda little tractor you have over behind the truck to push snow with?
That's my LS 3033G, the thing is a beast for a small tractor.
20210222_162442.jpg
Chains are Trygg boron ice spikes and I have a #2000 counterweight on the back.

And we have made it to a positive number on the thermometer!!!! we are at 2*

Completely unrelated, but I know exactly what movie that clip is from thanks to my daughters' new found obsession with the Princess and the Frog lol.

Picking interior paint colors. I usually end up painting about 3-4 times before I find what I like. I can't pick very well from little the swatches and even painting sample areas doesn't give the full expression of color over the day and different light conditions.
I have found the small "sampler" containers help in this regard. They usually give you enough to paint at least two 5' squares (put one in sun, one in shade) How the heck are you supposed to decide on a color based on a 1" square sample? It's ludicrous!

That's like trying to choose your irons for the next five years based on one swing!

For those of you who don't believe in Karma, if you recall back about a week ago I made a post on here noting how many people were commenting/complaining about winter. The intention of my post was to hopefully direct the subject toward something a little more hopeful.

Well, suffice to say that we have received about 24" of snow over several days since I made that post. I'm not gonna lie at this point, I'm %$*&^ sick of winter. It's been a few years since we've received snow like we have this year, and I'm convinced it is because I expressed my feelings here. I got what was coming to me.

At this point I'm thinking every additional inch of snow delays the start of golf season by another 3 days.....

I finally got around to installing our replacement humidifier at the office before I left tonight, and while I was cleaning up I discovered the remains of what used to be a humidistat box hidden under some stuff. Yup, I gave this to the new kid last week to do some troubleshooting. I probably should have started with how to open the box....:rolleyes:
20210222_174047.jpg

Hey, some packaging can be really tricky! My buddy is impatient, so will just usually rip it apart after becoming frustrated. I'm a little more analytical, and will try to find the proper way in, but sometimes even I am stymied! How about a simple label like, "Open Here" in graphics large enough to be read by someone who doesn't have the vision of a 7 year old!

I am wiped out. Between launching these experiences and doing some content I am enjoying finally getting these out to everybody. Been a lot of fun the last couple of days.

Heck man it's 45* here! If it weren't for this stupid white crap on the ground it would be golfing weather!
Yep. I got back from playing in Tucson on Saturday night. Other than random patches on the north side of houses and trees, the snow is all melted. My wife woke me up on Sunday and said "It's supposed to be 45 degrees today". I got my ass outta bed, made our usual Sunday breakfast, knocked a couple of things on the honey-do list and drove 25 miles to the only open course. Managed to knock out 27 holes in a little over three hours. Heaven!

STAHP.

You're sounding too much like my wife. Our laundry room has one wall with about 20 different paint samples on it, and when we painted the interior of the house she had the color mixed something like 12% lighter in the halls because they don't get as much outside light as the other rooms (and that was after she went through probably at least 100 swatches and took about 4 months selecting the shade of white in the first place!). After her first few trips to the Home Depot paint department, the employees run away screaming every time she walks in now. :ROFLMAO:

I think THP found out today how much a major experience from THP & Mizuno can bring in new THPers! WOW!!!! The right mix of social media and a crazy experience like the Mizuno one in Myrtle MOVES THE NEEDLE quite a bit.

I am wiped out. Between launching these experiences and doing some content I am enjoying finally getting these out to everybody. Been a lot of fun the last couple of days.

I am sure it is hardwork, but you have to be laughing or celebrating or drinking to the magic that you just created with more to come later...

I mean I dont have them in front of me but Morgan Cup, Mizuno Experience, TEEm Tour Edge, Shaft Up #1. just literally moments after a great showcase... I know GrandDaddy and Srixon are coming down the pipe later, but the Experiences are truly amazing!

Kudos to you and raise your fancy cocktail made from the awesome machine!

One hour to tee time. Pumped to play today.

I needed a little laugh with all of the terrible news of the day....

It hit 71* today here in central KS. What a beautiful day for golf.

Back