The Official Banter Away Thread

This may qualify as creepiest museum in existence.

9087E597-82D8-4CDB-B7EC-94441C97C185.jpeg

Had to attend a gut wrenching funeral today for a 14mo old little daughter of a friend of mine. Cant say that I’ve broken down that hard in a long while and it’s been a very tough last 6 mos. saddest funeral I’ve ever been to. Walked away with my wife sobbing and appreciating our little 13mo old and he health that much more. Tough day.

Damn thats terrible ☹

Very sorry to hear. Can’t imagine how sad everyone was.

I once forgot where I parked my car at the airport. My key fob didn’t work so lock beep and panic weren’t an option. I had missed my flight and wandered around the lot for 30 minutes with luggage and a suit jacket in 95° heat.

The mere memory of this nightmare caused an increase in my heart rate. I’ve never forgotten to write down where I parked since this day. Happy Thursday everyone!
Imagine parking in an underground garage and then forgetting which building it was in a large city. G'head, ask me how I know:censored:

Imagine parking in an underground garage and then forgetting which building it was in a large city. G'head, ask me how I know:censored:
How did you end up finding your car?!

My dad once parked his car in a garage in NYC (not self-serve). He went back the next day and reached into his pocket for the ticket and pulled his keys out... when the guy saw him he angrily yelled “YOU!”. My dad never did find out how they moved his car without the keys :LOL:

Boss surprised me with a raise today so that was a happy Friday moment.
Golf tomorrow and Sunday so should be a good weekend.

Is this what's left of Jupiter's Red spot?

This may qualify as creepiest museum in existence.

View attachment 8995370

Creepiest? I agree. Goofiest? Let's not forget the "Polka and Softball Hall of Fame in Euclid, Ohio!

My dad once parked his car in a garage in NYC (not self-serve). He went back the next day and reached into his pocket for the ticket and pulled his keys out... when the guy saw him he angrily yelled “YOU!”. My dad never did find out how they moved his car without the keys :LOL:

I once parked in a large, above ground, parking deck across the street from a restaurant where I, and the sales team, had been invited to dinner by a winery owner. After dinner I walk across the street, and the big overhead door to the parking deck is down! What the heck do I do now?! They must have had cameras everywhere, because in a matter of seconds a Cleveland Clinic security car rolled around the corner and asked what my problem was. I told them my vehicle was inside. Turned out the deck belonged to the clinic. I had no idea.

He tell me to hop in, swipes a card, and the overhead door goes up. Now I have to tell him where my car is after drinking wine and eating all night! My third guess was the right one! Good thing too, as this guy was starting to give me the skunk eye! He follow me down to the little pay booth near the exit, and of course, there is no one there, and no way to remote pay! I wave at him and he comes up to the car. How do I get the gate to go up? There's no way for me to pay! He just swipes his card again, and away I go. Cost me a few extra minutes, but absolutely no money! I guess that's an OK trade!

Life hack <-- I personally hate that term.

Anyway, if you're somewhere parking your car and there's some identifier close by (Lot C Section 14) take a pic with your phone.
Or open your GPS app and drop a pin where you are right then.

Had to attend a gut wrenching funeral today for a 14mo old little daughter of a friend of mine. Cant say that I’ve broken down that hard in a long while and it’s been a very tough last 6 mos. saddest funeral I’ve ever been to. Walked away with my wife sobbing and appreciating our little 13mo old and he health that much more. Tough day.
absolutely gut wrenching..... sorry for their loss and no words can assuage that pain!

Honestly I got lucky. I was going by memory of what the building looked like (or at least I thought I was) and finally after going down into the garages of six or seven buildings I found the one with my truck. The good thing was I knew that I had parked on the first level with the ramp so it made the "in & out" check a little quicker.

Thankfully the new truck has FordPass, so I should never lose it again :)

I once parked in a large, above ground, parking deck across the street from a restaurant where I, and the sales team, had been invited to dinner by a winery owner. After dinner I walk across the street, and the big overhead door to the parking deck is down! What the heck do I do now?! They must have had cameras everywhere, because in a matter of seconds a Cleveland Clinic security car rolled around the corner and asked what my problem was. I told them my vehicle was inside. Turned out the deck belonged to the clinic. I had no idea.

He tell me to hop in, swipes a card, and the overhead door goes up. Now I have to tell him where my car is after drinking wine and eating all night! My third guess was the right one! Good thing too, as this guy was starting to give me the skunk eye! He follow me down to the little pay booth near the exit, and of course, there is no one there, and no way to remote pay! I wave at him and he comes up to the car. How do I get the gate to go up? There's no way for me to pay! He just swipes his card again, and away I go. Cost me a few extra minutes, but absolutely no money! I guess that's an OK trade!
I had a similar experience golfing in Whistler a few years back. Rolled up to play Chateau Whistler, and they offered valet parking for my rental. While playing the first 18, the young couple I was playing with informed me that the greens fee included unlimited play for the day. So the first 18 was followed up by another 18. Afterwards we head to the restaurant for something to eat and a drink or two. Long story short I completely lose track of time, and when I finally go to leave I realize that I don't have the rental keys as I gave them to the valet. It's close to midnight. I walk towards the clubhouse, the rental is parked out front and I can see what looks like one light on way in the back of the pro shop. I think it was the cleaners who gave me my keys as all of the course staff were long gone by that point;)

Welp folks house is gonna need some work
20210227_164957.jpg

Dishwasher hose broke, spewed water for at least 30 min . Wood cabinets, tile and subfloor will all need to go probably and whatever needs to be done in the basement

Life hack <-- I personally hate that term.

Anyway, if you're somewhere parking your car and there's some identifier close by (Lot C Section 14) take a pic with your phone.
Or open your GPS app and drop a pin where you are right then.

There are not too many parking lots all that crowded around here these day, but you know what I like to do? I like to park right next to a cart corral. They are easy to spot. Plus I've been hunting and wandering in the tall and uncut for many years, so I can find my way. I like parking in those spots because the cart return corral is right next door! You have to have your wits about you in these lots!

That makes sense. I'm always worried about a wayward buggy finding my car.

There are times when I go in one door at Walmart, and leave a different one. The "where'd I park" has happened a couple of times.:ROFLMAO:

This coming week is going to be a good one.

New releases like crazy. THP Digital Magazine hitting Monday.

Oh yeah and TEEm Tour Edge signups to get free equipment throughout the year to review for the forum and keep.

So much fun. Little shout out to @Jman with the huge assist on stuff behind the scenes.

Oh yeah and TEEm Tour Edge signups to get free equipment throughout the year to review for the forum and keep.

So much fun. Little shout out to @Jman with the huge assist on stuff behind the scenes.

Keep it coming brother! Ya'll are doing a great job in 2021 thus far!

This week is gonna hit BIG TIME!

Back