The Official Banter Away Thread

Therein lies part of the issue - thanks to environmental concerns I'm limited in what I can get here in Canada for effective weed control. I usually grab a bottle during my annual golf trips, but honestly my infestation is so bad I think they only way I'll rid my yard of it is to kill it wall to wall and start over.

I did buy some Roundup yesterday and sprayed a very large section that was behind my garage. It was black when I checked it this morning, I will hit it again if I have to. At this point I'm not concerned with the grass.

First, I'm surprised that I can use something in New York that you cannot, but maybe I shouldn't be.

Second, I have a really bad patch of it out behind our vegetable and berry patches. Mrs Reframmellator wants nothing chemical back there, so I will either scrape it all up or kill it by covering with black plastic the parts that are not too close to shrubs. I remind Mrs Reframmellator that strychnine, arsenic and botulism are "natural." She remains unamused.

Watched a rabbit make a nest in my backyard this morning. It was interesting to see but it is amazing that it’s in the middle of the lawn about 10-15 feet or so from the house.
You should see a squirrel at work doing it. They get unhappy when you get in their way.

Around here, it's time to fire up the chipper dippers.

Plans ...
c333a6eee058a64e9b8c6bdc5fb5d238.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Someone is getting fired...

Screenshot_20210503-184848__01.jpg

It is way too early to be at work. I'm supervising a construction project in my lab.

Seeing parents age, albeit gracefully is never an easy thing.

:oops:

Some businesses do much better at "curbside pickup" than others, despite the fact they have all had the same amount of time to practice.

Canadian Tire (think Autozone combined with the garden centre, housewares and sporting goods sections of Walmart) I received my pickup confirmation mere hours after placing my order.
Home Depot - averages next day.
TSC - all items showed as in stock, got pickup email for one of the items within an hour of ordering, still waiting (6 days) for remainder of order. Online it still shows 2 in stock (3 when I ordered) I will probably call them tomorrow to follow up.
Auto Detailing Supplies - I placed several orders with them last summer, I was in the area and usually was able to pick up within a half hour. Placed an order on Friday of last week and have yet to receive confirmation to pickup. I will definitely call them tomorrow.

Some businesses do much better at "curbside pickup" than others, despite the fact they have all had the same amount of time to practice.

Canadian Tire (think Autozone combined with the garden centre, housewares and sporting goods sections of Walmart) I received my pickup confirmation mere hours after placing my order.
Home Depot - averages next day.
TSC - all items showed as in stock, got pickup email for one of the items within an hour of ordering, still waiting (6 days) for remainder of order. Online it still shows 2 in stock (3 when I ordered) I will probably call them tomorrow to follow up.
Auto Detailing Supplies - I placed several orders with them last summer, I was in the area and usually was able to pick up within a half hour. Placed an order on Friday of last week and have yet to receive confirmation to pickup. I will definitely call them tomorrow.
Today at Lowes: 34 in stock. I get there: zero in stock. I ask customer service, their answer: our website is never right and you should have gone to home depot.
Great job lowes.

Had to google that too! What’s at the bottom to make them jump in?
My father in law uses these.

He fills the bucket about 3/4 full with water then puts sunflower seeds in, then when they reach over the edge to grab the seeds they fall in and drown. He catches red squirrels and chipmunks with his.

Seeing parents age, albeit gracefully is never an easy thing.
My parents hosted a family gathering two weekends ago and at one point I sat back watching everyone and realized how much age has taken a toll on much of our family. It's very sad and tough to see.

I want to preface this by saying my wife is an amazing cook, BUT she is the messiest person ever! Every time she cooks, it looks like a bomb exploded in the kitchen! Every pot and pan is in the sink, flour and spices are everywhere, total pandemonium folks! A live look at my wife cooking....

Anyways, I’m cleaning the kitchen this morning, I look up over the stove and saw this...
5C258D22-6451-46EB-A7F8-721017E95736.jpeg
SHE MADE MEATLOAF LAST NIGHT Y’ALL!!! WTF! How is this possible?!

My father in law uses these.

He fills the bucket about 3/4 full with water then puts sunflower seeds in, then when they reach over the edge to grab the seeds they fall in and drown. He catches red squirrels and chipmunks with his.

Same here. The black oil sunflower seeds tend to work best. Optional, but highly recommended: earplugs, or noise cancelling pods/phones, to drown out (as it were) the inevitable:

"Awwwwww......"

"I can't look! <10 seconds> That's sick!!!"

"I can't believe you're so cruel!"

"Poor fella!"

I want to preface this by saying my wife is an amazing cook, BUT she is the messiest person ever! Every time she cooks, it looks like a bomb exploded in the kitchen! Every pot and pan is in the sink, flour and spices are everywhere, total pandemonium folks! A live look at my wife cooking....

Anyways, I’m cleaning the kitchen this morning, I look up over the stove and saw this...
View attachment 9006420
SHE MADE MEATLOAF LAST NIGHT Y’ALL!!! WTF! How is this possible?!

This post gives me anxiety. I am a slow cook because I stop and clean as I go, I cannot handle a messy kitchen, or a mess when cooking. I have set towels on fire and burned myself many times trying to clean the range top while still cooking and the flame was going.

This post gives me anxiety. I am a slow cook because I stop and clean as I go, I cannot handle a messy kitchen, or a mess when cooking. I have set towels on fire and burned myself many times trying to clean the range top while still cooking and the flame was going.

I’m the same way. But, I’ve learned over time to be quiet, appreciate the nice meal, and just clean after she’s done!

cooking and cleaning as you go is the way to do it, cuts down on dishes and clean up at the end. perhaps thats just because the way it had to be done when i cooked in the restaurant.

Anxiety or OCD steps in if wife cooks with a thousand things on the counter.

cooking and cleaning as you go is the way to do it, cuts down on dishes and clean up at the end. perhaps thats just because the way it had to be done when i cooked in the restaurant.

Anxiety or OCD steps in if wife cooks with a thousand things on the counter.
No way, cooking using multiple pots and pans to coordinate and time everything is a skill.. thats the way I do, plus the rule is if you cook you don't have to clean up so it's the next person's (aka my wife's) problem

I'm sorry Karen, I just don't throw Adobo on chicken and call it a day!

No way, cooking using multiple pots and pans to coordinate and time everything is a skill.. thats the way I do, plus the rule is if you cook you don't have to clean up so it's the next person's (aka my wife's) problem

I'm sorry Karen, I just don't throw Adobo on chicken and call it a day!
My wife looks at the amount of garlic a recipe calls for as a nice start!:ROFLMAO::oops:

Back