The Official Banter Away Thread

Ready for @Jman to make a trip up my way again!!!! Can you hear me brother 😈😈

I was going to post my how to get out of jury duty ideas, but figured if I need to post disclaimers ahead of them, I'd save them for other forums.

90 minutes in.

5 minutes to check in.
85 minutes sitting in a conference hall in complete silence with nothing happening.

I learned early in my career jurors would get frustrated by arriving at 9:15 when proceedings are supposed to start at 9:30 and end up waiting sometimes for more than an hour and a half to get going. It aggravates me. So I always get there early sit at the table, file out on table ready to go. So when the jurors file through to go wait in the jury room and get aggravated at least they know I am not the reason they are waiting. I do the same at the lunch break. Grab something eat it there and again sitting there when the jurors file through. Love it when the other side isn't there. Have had friends and family that have been jurors over the years tell me how aggravated they get with the endless waiting.

Did you all know you can get out of practice swatting mosquitoes?? Trust me, when one lands on the inside of your thigh for the first time of the year, you don't have to swing at it as hard as if you were trying to drive a spike in hardwood,! 🥺😢

My wife doesn’t know who Ray Stevens is?!😳 Welp, I guess I gotta go pack my stuff now!

Did you all know you can get out of practice swatting mosquitoes?? Trust me, when one lands on the inside of your thigh for the first time of the year, you don't have to swing at it as hard as if you were trying to drive a spike in hardwood,! 🥺😢

ABDDDBFA-589A-4B47-A587-261448F1CA2E.jpeg

My wife doesn’t know who Ray Stevens is?!😳 Welp, I guess I gotta go pack my stuff now!
Don’t pass on this teachable moment. She’ll respect you for it and understand when you introduce JBC IV to The Three Stooges, Road Runner, Monty Python, and Weird Al. Play chess, not checkers.

Don’t pass on this teachable moment. She’ll respect you for it and understand when you introduce JBC IV to The Three Stooges, Road Runner, Monty Python, and Weird Al. Play chess, not checkers.
The long game huh?!:ROFLMAO:

The long game huh?!:ROFLMAO:

In your example, it's all about the long game. In my case, for almost forty years, my wife thought Weird Al was a geeky guy thing. Then my daughter bought us tickets to a Weird Al concert, and she is now a raving fan. She now wishes she had followed my suggestion that we dress in tux and gown for the concert.

I am wiped out. Had some fun with Club Champion and Michael Vrska today And that content will come out soon.

Tomorrow I am off to Tour Edge and Budget Golf.

I am wiped out. Had some fun with Club Champion and Michael Vrska today And that content will come out soon.

Tomorrow I am off to Tour Edge and Budget Golf.

That's an A List if ever I saw one. You included, of course.

Things usually happen in threes so I’m waiting for the third but so far seen a SUV with a baby on board sign drive straight through a red light while talking on their phone, and a older lady came to a complete stop on I-75 N in the far left lane to get to the 35 exit crossing through 3 lanes of traffic :facepalm: with considerable traffic.

Things usually happen in threes so I’m waiting for the third but so far seen a SUV with a baby on board sign drive straight through a red light while talking on their phone, and a older lady came to a complete stop on I-75 N in the far left lane to get to the 35 exit crossing through 3 lanes of traffic :facepalm: with considerable traffic.

When I lived in FL, we use to call that Ohio driving because the plates always said that...Irony being you are in Ohio.

When I lived in FL, we use to call that Ohio driving because the plates always said that...Irony being you are in Ohio.
I didnt know you guys moved out of FL. Man I was away too long.

I’ve always been a proponent of competency tests every 5 years, and every year after 65. I can’t understand how some people got their license to begin with, let alone hold on to them after the fact.

Hi guys. Been awhile.

He's not wrong!

Where are the love a bath guys?

The joy of a hot bath after a long day is so comforting. Yeah, you can take away my man card now. 😉

The joy of a hot bath after a long day is so comforting. Yeah, you can take away my man card now. 😉
I'll take a bath about once or twice a year. It is comforting once in a while but too much of a pain in the arse. 🤷‍♂️

I mean, I'm all in for a soak in a hot spa/jacuzzi, but I can't remember the last time I took an actual bath.

Back