The Official Brooks Koepka Thread

Savage response. Probably why it took him longer to make the PGA tour. He was in no hurry. LOL. He gives 2 shi%s right now. Impressive.

i'm out on this guy. his game is boring. his personality is boring. why would i ever get behind a player who repeatedly tells me he doesn't really like golf? and who constantly complains about not getting enough respect. hard pass.

Haven't seen a World #1 get so little attention since Kaymer. I think even Luke Donald generated more attention than Brooks.

i'm out on this guy. his game is boring. his personality is boring. why would i ever get behind a player who repeatedly tells me he doesn't really like golf? and who constantly complains about not getting enough respect. hard pass.
What! This guy is refreshing. He was chastised at times for being too quiet and showing no personality.

Now he opens up more, he's arrogant in his Press Conferences, he offers opinions on slow play,etc. Personally I loved prior to the USOpen or PGA how he pretty much indicated half the field is of no challenge to him. Divide that 80 or so guys who will simply choke or buckle under the pressure, he really only has to beat 5-10 Golfers. Nobody says that, I don't think that's boring at all, and his play in Majors back it up.

He definitely doesn't get the respect he deserves from a media perspective, but his fellow competitors and Vegas knows he's the Top Dog.

Haven't seen a World #1 get so little attention since Kaymer. I think even Luke Donald generated more attention than Brooks.

Do you think that is the way he handles the media? Stance seems to change by the minute, right?
"Don't talk to me." and then "Where is the media attention"

That interview just made me like Brooks even more, talk about hunting big trophies.

It's what separates him as a special player right now. What do people really get remembered for? 10 regular tour wins or his majors?

This all really bums me out, honestly. To have that much talent and genuinely not care about the game... It's tough as a passionate fan of golf to cheer for it.

At least he's starting to answer his own questions why he's not getting much press. It's bad for the game.

Do you think that is the way he handles the media? Stance seems to change by the minute, right?
"Don't talk to me." and then "Where is the media attention"

Maybe it's all just a game to him and really he laughs at all of it when he's on his down time?

Maybe it's all just a game to him and really he laughs at all of it when he's on his down time?

He seems more interested in who's talking about him vs when his next tee time is.

That's sad.

He comes across as gigantic arrogant A-hole with the media. Whether its an act or he is genuinely a D**K its Hard to root for a guy like that

He seems more interested in who's talking about him vs when his next tee time is.

That's sad.

Based on the recent, his next tee time is when you see him on TV.

That's sad.

but not to him.....

He's not into that.

The whole "I don't care about the sport" followed by "Why aren't the sports governing bodies paying more attention to me?" I find annoying. But, I do appreciate the whole "do what you have to do, don't grind" approach - if he can be #1 in the world without grinding on the range before every tournament, why not?

That interview just made me like Brooks even more, talk about hunting big trophies.

It's what separates him as a special player right now. What do people really get remembered for? 10 regular tour wins or his majors?

I just think fans of golf like to see the #1 golfer in the world trying to win every tournament he enters (like Tiger in his prime), not a guy who only wants to show up 4 weeks a year.

To equate it to another form of entertainment, the WWE fans have consistently had an issue with a champion like Brock Lesnar who shows up a handful of times of year, compared to a fighting champion like Cena in his prime.

Has Brooks become more DJ than DJ?

The whole "I don't care about the sport" followed by "Why aren't the sports governing bodies paying more attention to me?" I find annoying. But, I do appreciate the whole "do what you have to do, don't grind" approach - if he can be #1 in the world without grinding on the range before every tournament, why not?

I agree with you completely here.
Also loved that he called out slow play.

Has Brooks become more DJ than DJ?

Nobody is more DJ than DJ.
Uhhhhh. Its Butthead from Beavis and Butthead, but he hits it really far.

Personally I'm not looking for role models so his personality traits don't keep me away from watching him. I don't necessarily root for him out of the gate but I do want to see great golf being played and he usually gives that to me. On an entertainment level he is doing his job.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nobody is more DJ than DJ.
Uhhhhh. Its Butthead from Beavis and Butthead, but he hits it really far.

At least DJ is dull enough to be DJ though, seems like Brooks wants to be that, but isn't it?

I'm not sure I could got about things in life that way.

It's either give it my all or forget about it.

The Official Brooks Koepka Thread

What! This guy is refreshing. He was chastised at times for being too quiet and showing no personality.

Now he opens up more, he's arrogant in his Press Conferences, he offers opinions on slow play,etc. Personally I loved prior to the USOpen or PGA how he pretty much indicated half the field is of no challenge to him. Divide that 80 or so guys who will simply choke or buckle under the pressure, he really only has to beat 5-10 Golfers. Nobody says that, I don't think that's boring at all, and his play in Majors back it up.

He definitely doesn't get the respect he deserves from a media perspective, but his fellow competitors and Vegas knows he's the Top Dog.

he doesn’t care about golf. he doesn’t like golf. i play golf and watch golf because i like golf. how am i supposed to relate or even like this guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I can't decide if I like him or not. On one hand I love the give no sh*t's attitude but on the other hand it's annoying when he whines about not getting enough attention. I do love that he has no problem calling things out like the slow play. It also makes me wonder what he could do if he was 100% in all of the time.

I think my biggest problem is I see a guy with so much talent and expect him to use it to create fireworks for us. He's a beast on the course but I want to see that all of the time and not be so robotic about it.

he doesn’t care about golf. he doesn’t like golf. i play golf and watch golf because i like golf. how am i supposed to relate or even line this guy?

I think that just speaks to how talented he is, still the best in the world even without pushing it to his limits. I like that he doesn't grind every day, shows up and just golfs.

He is more outspoken than before and gets criticized for being too honest. Can't win I guess.

I think that just speaks to how talented he is, still the best in the world even without pushing it to his limits. I like that he doesn't grind every day, shows up and just golfs.

He is more outspoken than before and gets criticized for being too honest. Can't win I guess.

he was boring before and he’s boring now. add in the arrogance and blasé attitude and i struggle to find anything to like about him. tiger stonewalled the media for years, but he was electric on the course.

Back