The Official Brooks Koepka Thread

Canadan;n8879265 said:
Savage x2!!

ECMg4UsWwAEZY4n

e06d21395f1db4e9bf4814703625f470.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Koepka has started a trend , of the 86 players teeing it up at the first qualifying event for European Tour cards, 30 are from US of A. Ten years ago, it may have been three , but with another 16 teeing it up in Germany next week, there must be over 100 Americans in the nine first round events.

With Tom Lewis the latest to go the other way, the airmiles for golf scheme is paying double.

21 of the 30 missed the cut, so the spread is wide.

Last edited:
This week, the second round of Q school starts in Spain. Four rounds to qualify for the six round final qualifying competition later on in the month. Of the original 30+, less than half the Americans made it through . Koepka has started a healthy trend and we welcome the young Americans over here.

Brooks' first tournament back will be next week at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship

Brooks' first tournament back will be next week at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship

That's some nice appearance money! lol

Nice to see them having a bit of fun ?

I sure hope they keep it going and keep it civil, golf needs a bit of this back and forth.

Mic drop right there!!

Strong start in Abu Dhabi with a 66 in the first round

And it was one of the most boring and simple 66's I have watched. Almost zero pressure the whole round. Very nice to watch.

1FF14F6A-4844-4B2E-831E-263983710836.png

This whole “not caring” attitude is so old now. Then he wonders why the media doesn’t give him the attention he thinks he deserves, but doesn’t want?
Is that how he wants it

Have to like his comments on PGA tour radio that Patrick Reed was building sand castles at the Hero.

View attachment 8928312

This whole “not caring” attitude is so old now. Then he wonders why the media doesn’t give him the attention he thinks he deserves, but doesn’t want?
Is that how he wants it
I actually kind of like the fact that he doesn't hang his hat on some of those accomplishments.

View attachment 8928312

Is that how he wants it
Question is does he love the game? Or is he just doing it because he’s good at it?

I actually kind of like the fact that he doesn't hang his hat on some of those accomplishments.

He has some great takes. But it’s like he’s trying not to care at this point.

Question is does he love the game? Or is he just doing it because he’s good at it?

Believe he has said on record that the only reason he plays is because he’s good at it.

Believe he has said on record that the only reason he plays is because he’s good at it.
Thought I remember that but my memory can be questionable at times.

View attachment 8928312

Is that how he wants it
I flip back and forth between loving his outspoken comments and thinking he's a douche. This is a douche moment.

Thought I remember that but my memory can be questionable at times.
Which is fine. A lot of us are good at things that we don’t love. However, have some personality. He shows glimpses of it, but then it’s almost like he feels he has to go back to being a d-bag

Which is fine. A lot of us are good at things that we don’t love. However, have some personality. He shows glimpses of it, but then it’s almost like he feels he has to go back to being a d-bag
I’ve only been playing for less then a year. In that short time I have grown to be an anti Brooks fan. He just makes it easy to dislike him. Yes, d-bag fits my impression.

I flip back and forth between loving his outspoken comments and thinking he's a douche. This is a douche moment.
I've moved firmly into thinking he's a douche full time.

Love it. Calling guys out and then tempting them to come at him. I dig the attitude.

I think his whole "I don't get the attention I deserve" is something he uses to motivate himself. You can find plenty of pro athletes who like to carry the chip on their shoulder for motivation - even if they have to manufacture that chip out of nothing in their own mind.

He's not the most dynamic interview but he's thoughtful and articulate, and he doesn't just sit there and spout the same old empty, blasé cliches and platitudes. I like that he isn't afraid to call it like he sees it, even if it ruffles a few feathers. I also like his interviews a lot better than, say, DJ, who comes off as a cross between Butthead and Jeff Spicoli. And it was absolutely savage when Brooks denied Jena a kiss not once, but twice, before his final round at the PGA Championship last year! :LOL: You know you're locked in when you're so focused you won't even kiss your smokin' hot supermodel girlfriend. I'm sure some people would make the argument that it was a douchey move, though.

He definitely calls a spade a spade. The digs at Reed building sand castles made me chuckle.

Bottom line, the guy is good at his job. He doesn't love the game, and candidly I don't care. It's fun to watch. We always say to enjoy things the way you want to enjoy them, and he treats golf as a 9-5. He just so happens to be like Steve Jobs at what he does....

Back