The Official Brooks Koepka Thread

That was a great episode !!! Sure enjoy his honesty

This Feherty interview is pretty good. Dude speaks his mind, but not in an arrogant way.

Watching it right now. I absolutely love the way he looks at some things about the game. No punches held on slow play, Sergio's tantrum, and etc.

Courtesy bump. Love the presser. Feature group.

Love how he said the conditions are going to favor the long hitter. Fire away.

Courtesy bump. Love the presser. Feature group.

Love how he said the conditions are going to favor the long hitter. Fire away.
I loved his comment on how most of the field will have and he'll only have to worry about 20 guys.

They're all agreeing it favors the long hitters. I hope he wins again. He's been fun to watch from my couch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I loved his comment on how most of the field will have and he'll only have to worry about 20 guys.

They're all agreeing it favors the long hitters. I hope he wins again. He's been fun to watch from my couch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Dude I was watching that live and literally LOLed.

"156. You figure I'm going to beat 80 of them. Then divide that and figure some of those guys will feel the pressure." etc.

Like, that is awesome. But when you're Top 5 in the World and a 3-Time Major champ you can say whatever you want, I loved it.

Sorta like when Spieth was hot and mentioned when other players see his name on the leaderboard that they need to worry or realize he's making a move. I love that. Now Spieth has obviously faltered the last year or so but I like the belief in ones ability to beat whoever.

I'm just not a fan. Don't know why really, but he just seems to come off a lot as bit of a pr*ck.

"156. You figure I'm going to beat 80 of them. Then divide that and figure some of those guys will feel the pressure." etc.

Like, that is awesome. But when you're Top 5 in the World and a 3-Time Major champ you can say whatever you want, I loved it.

Sorta like when Spieth was hot and mentioned when other players see his name on the leaderboard that they need to worry or realize he's making a move. I love that. Now Spieth has obviously faltered the last year or so but I like the belief in ones ability to beat whoever.

I don't think you can get to that level, in any professional sport, really, without that kind of attitude and confidence.

Whether it’s Brooks or any other tip golfer, you have to have this mindset in order to mentally stay sharp. These guys are pretty close with their physical abilities if you look at driving averages and other stats, but Tiger proved mentally you can win a tournament before the first tee ball is struck.

I like the confidence and wish more guys would be this honest

I don't think you can get to that level, in any professional sport, really, without that kind of attitude and confidence.
Yeah but who says it publicly? Especially Golfers? Nobody. That's why I loved it.

mikeg_74 said:
I like the confidence and wish more guys would be this honest
No doubt. You don't hear DJ saying this. More like "Whoever plays the best is going to win." Nothing about his own ability to demolish a field or at least 80 golfers.

I'm just not a fan. Don't know why really, but he just seems to come off a lot as bit of a pr*ck.
We complain when Golfers/Athletes give vanilla answers or cliché answers that're boring. Robots.

This is awesome. He knows he's one of the best, he let's people know he's one of the best, and he backs it up.

We complain when Golfers/Athletes give vanilla answers or cliché answers that're boring. Robots.

This is awesome. He knows he's one of the best, he let's people know he's one of the best, and he backs it up.

Brooks doesn't even like golf.

-7 63 :bomb:

-7 63 :bomb:

brooks-koepka-pga-championship-win-2018.jpg

Keopka just flat out plays in majors. Really impressive and he should be the odds on favorite at every major until proven otherwise.

Not sure why he doesn’t bring the same game to other tournaments, but if you’re only going to win a few, they might as well be majors.

I had always been pretty neutral on Koepka till the Masters this year when Chamblee went off on him. Though I have multiple pro's I would rather have winning than Koepka, I am fine with him winning. Just makes Chamblee look like a clown.

This guy is as cool as the other side of the pillow. I find the fact that he only shows up for Majors pretty awesome lol.

Brooks was center stage today playing with Tiger after the amazing Master’s win and he was up to the task. He is not afraid of anyone and is one of the top 5 most talented golfers in the world. I can see him winning 10 majors unless he gets bored with the game. It must really piss off guys like Rory that he makes winning majors look so easy. Brooks is just as long as Rory but putts way better when at his best, a deadly combination.

Koepka is a beast.

I’m a fan, he balls out when it matters and he doesn’t pull any punches

Pure Domination

It must really piss off guys like Rory that he makes winning majors look so easy. Brooks is just as long as Rory but putts way better when at his best, a deadly combination.
To be fair Rory smoked the field with 2 of his Major wins by an 8-stroke margin of victory. Brooks has not made winning Majors look THAT easy.

With that said. We need a US Open grouping of Brooks-Rory-DJ.

Until then, I'll be rooting for Brooks to win Bethpage!

Is there a reason why Brooks does not have a clubs sponsor? Is it because he prefers to play different company clubs of his choosing? I believe he plays a Taylormade driver and woods, Mizuno irons and a Scotty Cameron (Titleist) putter.

To be fair Rory smoked the field with 2 of his Major wins by an 8-stroke margin of victory. Brooks has not made winning Majors look THAT easy.

With that said. We need a US Open grouping of Brooks-Rory-DJ.

Until then, I'll be rooting for Brooks to win Bethpage!

I agree - great player no doubt, especially in majors. But, he hasn't exactly been lapping the field like Tiger used to or Rory in his early days. Impressive to watch, but it always is when someone's playing well. Between 2011-2014 it seemed like Rory just won tournaments at will.

Is there a reason why Brooks does not have a clubs sponsor? Is it because he prefers to play different company clubs of his choosing? I believe he plays a Taylormade driver and woods, Mizuno irons and a Scotty Cameron (Titleist) putter.

I'd be curious how much he is leaving on the table to just play the best fitting clubs and to continually win Majors.

I'd be curious how much he is leaving on the table to just play the best fitting clubs and to continually win Majors.

I don't think I've heard Koepka talk about it, but a few other club free agents have (Ryan Palmer, Patrick Reed come to mind). I think Palmer was saying that the money isn't what it used to be, and the deals usually require a full bag. The benefits of playing well (getting into lucrative tournaments, keeping your card, other endorsements) are so good that it's not worth risking your game on a club deal.

Back