The Official Counterfeit Thread

Looks like we gotta start really inspecting grips purchased on ebay more. Another forum I'm on has a topic just started about Fake Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Grips.

Almost identical in comparison...

Do enlighten us as to how you tell if they are fake or not

Do enlighten us as to how you tell if they are fake or not
I believe there was commentary in the pics from post #119.

Here is a quote from that person:

The most obvious difference was the patterning of the + indentations. My fakes actually had less cord than the authentic ones. The fake was also more slippery, and the diameter felt smaller when held in the hand. I would have been fooled if I didn't have anything to compare it to.

Yes there was, didn't see that post. Ta

Yes there was, didn't see that post. Ta

The biggest thing MikeF was that those who bought the fake grips complained about the feel. Stating that it just didn't feel right.

I have just checked mine, and I think mine are all Real. They feel fine to me. If they are fake then they are bloody good fakes. As long as I can grip the club properly then I am good

WOwzers. Thoser grips are spot on. You need a magnifying glass to verify their authenticity. The real question is, Do they feel different?

ive just bought some golf pride multis of ebay seller has 99.5% feedback from over a 1000 buyers but when they came they looked fine but put them on and all the colours started to run and the blacks started to peal of in my hands,some of the i in pride have no dots above them now surely this shouldnt happen,if i could put picture up i would to show you,ive just sent him a email to see what he says then will let you no who it is if thats ok

ive just bought some golf pride multis of ebay seller has 99.5% feedback from over a 1000 buyers but when they came they looked fine but put them on and all the colours started to run and the blacks started to peal of in my hands,some of the i in pride have no dots above them now surely this shouldnt happen,if i could put picture up i would to show you,ive just sent him a email to see what he says then will let you no who it is if thats ok

Thanks for the info Homesy68...I hope the seller gives you a refund.

he replied last night saying he uses the grips and they are fine for a season,didnt deny they were fakes just said he would give me £10 back and could keep the grips,but i said no so i have to cut them of and send them back and he said he would refund my money,if i can i will show his username from ebay so others dont get caught of him

I for one would definitely wanna know

he replied last night saying he uses the grips and they are fine for a season,didnt deny they were fakes just said he would give me £10 back and could keep the grips,but i said no so i have to cut them of and send them back and he said he would refund my money,if i can i will show his username from ebay so others dont get caught of him

I for one would definitely wanna know

I'd also inform Ebay. They do it all the time for fake Scotty Cameron's

well i dont want them m-910 either i want originals on might send golf pride a email see what they say

well i dont want them m-910 either i want originals on might send golf pride a email see what they say

Maybe they will appreciate your alertness and send you coupons for grips? Heck they may even send you a few so you only have to buy like 4 :act-up: Hope it works out for ya.

I just found out that I received a counterfeit Nickent 4DX hybrid from Hurricane Golf. I wish that I had seen this thread first. On other sites people had posted that they are a trustworthy company and yet this happened. The crown of the club is labeled as "0.4mm Super Thin Titanium Crown". Titanium is non magnetic yet a magnet sticks to the crown of the club, I have other 4DX Hybrids purchased on eBay to which a magnet doesn't stick. The club I received, a 4 hybrid, will hold a magnet directly in the center of the crown even when turned upside down. Hurricane Golf said that they "sell only original authentic clubs" and offered to refund my money if I sent it back to them AT MY EXPENSE, I had regripped the club and I'm sure that they won't reimburse me for that. Beware Hurricane Golf.

The crown of the club is labeled as "0.4mm Super Thin Titanium Crown". Titanium is non magnetic yet a magnet sticks to the crown of the club,
Are you sure? Have you contacted someone at Nickent for their opinion> That club fuses titanium and stainless steel. Some stainless steels are magnetic.

From my experience, most fake golf club sellers have a button you can click for live customer support. Not all of the websites are fakes but most.

This was just sent to THP.

It's come to our attn that on your forum there is a section about what websites have counterfeit clubs and my company Hurricane Golf is listed. I can tell you that 1000 percent we have never sold a counterfeit club and that we will never sell a counterfeit club and I would like us removed from that section. I also suggest researching us and the evidenceof what people say about Hurricane Golf will match up to what I am stating.

As I stated to them, this is a public forum and people will post what they find in the forum. But I did say I would make this post to ensure that people are aware of the response.

This was just sent to THP.

It's come to our attn that on your forum there is a section about what websites have counterfeit clubs and my company Hurricane Golf is listed. I can tell you that 1000 percent we have never sold a counterfeit club and that we will never sell a counterfeit club and I would like us removed from that section. I also suggest researching us and the evidenceof what people say about Hurricane Golf will match up to what I am stating.

As I stated to them, this is a public forum and people will post what they find in the forum. But I did say I would make this post to ensure that people are aware of the response.

I know I was one to question them when someone mentioned the DXI driver for $110. After it came in it sounded 100% legit. I think it's great when a company takes that extra step to help give the consumers some extra confidence.

Hurricane Golf has promised me a full refund, including the cost of the new grip I put on the club prior to finding out that it was counterfeit. I told them that I would gladly accept another club as an exchange IF they had one that didn't have a magnetic crown and, after trying a magnet on those remaining, they didn't. I believe that they never KNOWINGLY sold a counterfeit club and hope that they won't sell the remaining 4DX 4 hybrids that they have in inventory. I do commend them for their quick action in rectifying the situation.

The clubs DO fuse titanium and steel, but the crown is pure titanium. I have other 4DX hybrids to which a magnet doesn't stick so this one is counterfeit, whether Hurricane Golf knew it or not.

Is "golfetail" legit on eBay for clubs? 273000+ feedback.

Back