The Official Counterfeit Thread

Another question. Should a magnet stick to a magnesium crowned club? My a4OS hybrids are suppose to have magnesium crowns and when I did the magnet test it stuck like glue. Feeling a little sick at the moment......

Another question. Should a magnet stick to a magnesium crowned club? My a4OS hybrids are suppose to have magnesium crowns and when I did the magnet test it stuck like glue. Feeling a little sick at the moment......

I would contact Adams or do a bit more research on the web about that. Don't jump to conclusions just yet until you can prove without a doubt that you have a fake.

I sent an email last night explaining everything as well as the serial number I found on the clubs.

This isn't necessarily a counterfeit example but I wanted to let you guys know about the experience I have had with naileditgolf.com. A few weeks ago they Taylormade xFT wedges with their stock KBS hiRev shaft advertised with it on sale for $60, I ordered one in 50* and received about 4 days later, with a completely different shaft with no markings on it. I sent an email to their customer service and they said they would check to see if they had any with the KBS shaft, 4 days later after I sent them two more emails I got a response that they didn't have any and promptly sent me a UPS label. I mailed the wedge back and the UPS website says it arrived 10 days ago, after another email to their CS department 3 days ago their rep said he was going to check their box that day, and still no refund. So watch out for this website, and now I know I am sticking with Rock Bottom for all internet shopping.

This isn't necessarily a counterfeit example but I wanted to let you guys know about the experience I have had with naileditgolf.com. A few weeks ago they Taylormade xFT wedges with their stock KBS hiRev shaft advertised with it on sale for $60, I ordered one in 50* and received about 4 days later, with a completely different shaft with no markings on it. I sent an email to their customer service and they said they would check to see if they had any with the KBS shaft, 4 days later after I sent them two more emails I got a response that they didn't have any and promptly sent me a UPS label. I mailed the wedge back and the UPS website says it arrived 10 days ago, after another email to their CS department 3 days ago their rep said he was going to check their box that day, and still no refund. So watch out for this website, and now I know I am sticking with Rock Bottom for all internet shopping.

thats a shame, might as well start the dispute process

I would contact Adams or do a bit more research on the web about that. Don't jump to conclusions just yet until you can prove without a doubt that you have a fake.

Well
I heard back from Adam's on trying to find out whether the clubs I bought were counterfeit or not. Here is what Robert told me:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We do not keep track of serial numbers to authenticate clubs. The reasoning is because a counterfeiter can easily take the serial number from an authentic club and stamp them on 1000s of their fake clubs. The only way to authenticate is to take it to a retailer to compare to a model that you know is legitimate."

Looks like I'll never know if my clubs are counterfeit or not.

anyone ever bought from an ebay seller country.golf? Their ebay store is country.golf.clubs.

Over 11,000 transactions and rated as a top seller. They have some very good pricing on the nike irons/driver I have been looking at. Feedback looks good, but....only bought like 2 or 3 things on ebay so I really have no clue how to verify.

I bought a FT-IQ IMIX on ebay a few years ago (fortunately the seller isn't on ebay anymore) and the driver head was glued to the shaft and it was missing the hosel!

I bought a FT-IQ IMIX on ebay a few years ago (fortunately the seller isn't on ebay anymore) and the driver head was glued to the shaft and it was missing the hosel!

wow thats terrible, hopefully you were able to file a dispute?

I ran a search for his name here and someone had his and another listed as the only trustworthy sellers on ebay.

I've never hit one but it is such a good deal I'm thinking about buying one without hitting it.

I ran a search for his name here and someone had his and another listed as the only trustworthy sellers on ebay.

I've never hit one but it is such a good deal I'm thinking about buying one without hitting it.

Snatch it up! You can always resell it and make a quick buck.

I actually JUST bought from jacksgolf like less than a few weeks ago. It is legit and he actually has his own store in TX. Delivery time is fast as hell too. I had no problems.

Thank you much. I just placed a bid.

Was it by chance the same club?

I have purchased clubs and shoes from Jacksgolf. They are all kinds of legit, and I think they are associated with GPP golf based on the packages I've received.

I will absolutely buy from them in the future, and would say you have nothing to worry about.

+1

I've bought from Jacksgolf a handful of times. Never had an issue.

Thanks everyone.

Won it for $212 to the door. Good deal, IMO. Can't wait to hit it.

Thanks everyone.

Won it for $212 to the door. Good deal, IMO. Can't wait to hit it.

Heck of a deal, $100.00 less than in store. Cant beat that, good find!

Yes it is in fact GPP golf

Yes it is in fact GPP golf

That's reassuring. I've never heard of that site until now. It looks like they have lots of good deals ($239 is still a good deal just not as good as I got it for). It'll be on my list when shopping for whatever my next item will be.

Can anyone personally recommend any legit ebay sellers that they have worked with in the past. Appreciate it.

Back