The Official Milestone Thread

Hit #5000 today

Congrats buddy! Pretty crazy to think that less than a couple years ago you only had a few hundred posts, you’ve been busy! Keep it up man!

I passed 30,000 a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think i hit 1,500 today!

30,000 posts and I cant wait for the next 30k. Cheers THP

Oh, hey, 99,000

I’ve been around a minute, eh?

This is my 13,000 post !

The Official Milestone Thread

SO......this may take a while but here goes......

I joined THP just slightly over 3 years ago this past December. Today.....I hit 10,000 posts. I can truthfully say that it has been a journey.

I came in to THP because my good buddy and lifelong friend @gunner said I should check it out. (He knows how much I love golf) I came in “balls a blazin” so to speak. I tried being myself. I tried to understand what THP was all about. Then my ego set in and I thought I knew everything there was to know. I didn’t understand the friendships. I didn’t understand the comradery. I didn’t understand the community. Quite simply I didn’t understand how much THP means to so many that have a mutual love for a game that was so so so so dear to my heart. I was combative. I was argumentative. I was egotistical. I was cocky. I was so many things that didn’t represent who I was as a person and it made no sense.

When I was selected to play in my first THP event #TheCup (Callaway event) I didn’t quite know what to expect. I didn’t know how people would view me and vice versa. Inherently I am a social person. I’m in sales and have never had an issue carrying out a conversation with someone I just met. During those few days in Pawleys Island, SC I had the pleasure of meeting a few of the best people I know. Ive literally talk to these dudes every single day....from then until now. I didn’t need new friends. I didn’t need anything from anyone but apparently I needed some like minded people who were just as nuts about golf as I am. So, @kev , @bigsoIL @dazeedmonds @brianmk thanks for helping me keep my head on straight these last few years. These dudes know more about me over the last few years than most of my closest friends do here in Cleveland and I’m thankful for them every day. These guys (amongst others) helped me understand what THP is all about. We were all pretty new at the time we met each other and we have all grown in many ways since then.

THP has been there for me through a lot of different things. Some hilarious, some meaningful, some bs, and some tough times. I truly found out what this COMMUNITY was about when my wife and I went through a miscarriage a couple years back. People I didn’t know were reaching out, letting me know they were there for me. They were telling me the stories they had when their family went through the same things. It was pretty unreal and shedded a new light, a new angle and a new view of this place that I hadn’t seen before as well as I should have. It was special. (We are still waiting for that little addition to our family and THP has been there for us the whole way). I have few words to explain how that makes me feel other than appreciative.

Last year was a huge year for me golf wise. I went on a trip with those same buddies to FL for a few days and met even more THPers I now call close friends and way more than acquaintances. It was an incredible trip I will never forget. Then I was the last THPer selected to the 2018 Morgan Cup. Hoooolllllyyyyy shhhhhiiiiiiittttt!!!!! Many have heard me speak about the MC and my experiences in it. The people. The venue. The sponsor. The teams. The competition. The SWWwWAGGHHH. The story behind it all and the importance of the event to both @JB and @Golfergal (her name sake). It was just something you had to experience to fully understand. But trust me when I tell you it meant the world to me to even get a chance to be a part of it. Again, I literally chat with every single member of that event (both teams by the way) every week. There are guys on both teams that I feel such a bond with that it’s really hard to explain to anyone who is new to THP. If you ask me....I’ll try to explain it the best I can. It won’t do it justice trust me.

So here I am. A few posts over 10,000 and I think back on where I started. What I didn’t understand that I fully do now. The demeanor I came in with vs how I truly am as a person everyday. I look around this community every single day and I see a lot of members, a whole hell of a lot like me when I was a “noob”. It’s not that you’re not allowed to have an opinion....it’s that tactfulness is lost in typed words. It’s left all to the reader and unfortunately that’s on you as the writer of that message to help the reader understand where you’re coming from without being a complete ******** about it. You can discuss things without being combative. You can have a different opinion every single time if you want but when the only opinion you have is different than who you are talking to it often comes off as...”I think I’m smarter than you are and always will, you are an idiot and I am a genius, I’m a rebel just because it’s fun.” It doesn’t need to be that way. This is not pointed to any one specific THPer but more of a general blanket statement from a fellow THPer who used to be that way every time I discussed anything with anyone. This is a community for everyone to enjoy and add to and listen to one another. When you stop listening....things go awry. I know this oh too well.

I also look around this wonderful place and wonder where people have gone. I get it. Life gets crazy. Things get busy and it absolutely WILL BE HERE WHEN AND IF YOU RETURN for as much or as little as you want to use it. Whether you’ve backed away because of life, because someone or something has rubbed you the wrong way or just because you don’t love it as much as you used to....remember one simple thing. THP isn’t about one group or clique of people. There isn’t a single noobie, AC member, veteran, or lifer that deserves any special kind of treatment other than respect of their fellow man/woman in this community. Simple decency goes along way. Here’s the part of this where it gets tough....everyone gets disappointed from time to time if they don’t get in events, or win contests, or given a chance to review equipment or whatever this community has done for its members in the past. As a THPer, everyone has the same odds. Everyone has the same shot and their shouldn’t be any feelings about it other than a true happiness for even being able to have a shot at experiencing some of the things THP throws at its members. It’s crazy. Entitlement is a dangerously slippery slope when it comes to things no one deserves to have. But having a true and honest feeling towards your fellow THPer that just got that opportunity over you is what makes it special..Maybe it seems contrived or forced and for some it might be. But, I’d rather believe that for most THPers there’s a real sense of excitement and joy when someone else gets in. We were all noobs at some point in time and I remember what it was like not knowing anything. Not getting “it”. It was tough to know how to be...how to act...how to interact...

So, now that everyone has fallen asleep lol �� I’ll end with this. Ive truly enjoyed my first 10,000 posts. It’s been a ride worth the time and effort now that I am able to see where Ive come from to this point. Make sure you say hi and interact with those new THPers in a way that is inviting and welcoming. Some will stay. Some will go. But THP will still be here for a very very long time as an integral part of the golf industry and the main reason golf has become such a major part of my life. The game is amazing. The game itself is maddening but also rewarding at times. But, it’s the people and community that make golf and THP so important to me.

!!!!GO BROWNS!!!!
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Dude @pkorf. You were doing so good up until the end there!

Excellent post brother! Congrats on 10k posts man! I’m glad you’re a member here and I’m glad to know you. And now I have to say the thing that is like to cause earthquakes and the end of times....I agree with your thoughts, there’s lots of ways to enjoy THP, and being happy for people that get to experience some awesome things is quite rewarding.

Dang it Paul, you were doing so well until the end!

That was a great post Paul and THP is a better place with you here. I'm damn proud to call you a friend!

SO......this may take a while but here goes......

I joined THP just slightly over 3 years ago this past December. Today.....I hit 10,000 posts. I can truthfully say that it has been a journey.

I came in to THP because my good buddy and lifelong friend @gunner said I should check it out. (He knows how much I love golf) I came in “balls a blazin” so to speak. I tried being myself. I tried to understand what THP was all about. Then my ego set in and I thought I knew everything there was to know. I didn’t understand the friendships. I didn’t understand the comradery. I didn’t understand the community. Quite simply I didn’t understand how much THP means to so many that have a mutual love for a game that was so so so so dear to my heart. I was combative. I was argumentative. I was egotistical. I was cocky. I was so many things that didn’t represent who I was as a person and it made no sense.

When I was selected to play in my first THP event #TheCup (Callaway event) I didn’t quite know what to expect. I didn’t know how people would view me and vice versa. Inherently I am a social person. I’m in sales and have never had an issue carrying out a conversation with someone I just met. During those few days in Pawleys Island, SC I had the pleasure of meeting a few of the best people I know. Ive literally talk to these dudes every single day....from then until now. I didn’t need new friends. I didn’t need anything from anyone but apparently I needed some like minded people who were just as nuts about golf as I am. So, @kev , @bigsoIL @dazeedmonds @brianmk thanks for helping me keep my head on straight these last few years. These dudes know more about me over the last few years than most of my closest friends do here in Cleveland and I’m thankful for them every day. These guys (amongst others) helped me understand what THP is all about. We were all pretty new at the time we met each other and we have all grown in many ways since then.

THP has been there for me through a lot of different things. Some hilarious, some meaningful, some bs, and some tough times. I truly found out what this COMMUNITY was about when my wife and I went through a miscarriage a couple years back. People I didn’t know were reaching out, letting me know they were there for me. They were telling me the stories they had when their family went through the same things. It was pretty unreal and shedded a new light, a new angle and a new view of this place that I hadn’t seen before as well as I should have. It was special. (We are still waiting for that little addition to our family and THP has been there for us the whole way). I have few words to explain how that makes me feel other than appreciative.

Last year was a huge year for me golf wise. I went on a trip with those same buddies to FL for a few days and met even more THPers I now call close friends and way more than acquaintances. It was an incredible trip I will never forget. Then I was the last THPer selected to the 2018 Morgan Cup. Hoooolllllyyyyy shhhhhiiiiiiittttt!!!!! Many have heard me speak about the MC and my experiences in it. The people. The venue. The sponsor. The teams. The competition. The SWWwWAGGHHH. The story behind it all and the importance of the event to both @JB and @Golfergal (her name sake). It was just something you had to experience to fully understand. But trust me when I tell you it meant the world to me to even get a chance to be a part of it. Again, I literally chat with every single member of that event (both teams by the way) every week. There are guys on both teams that I feel such a bond with that it’s really hard to explain to anyone who is new to THP. If you ask me....I’ll try to explain it the best I can. It won’t do it justice trust me.

So here I am. A few posts over 10,000 and I think back on where I started. What I didn’t understand that I fully do now. The demeanor I came in with vs how I truly am as a person everyday. I look around this community every single day and I see a lot of members, a whole hell of a lot like me when I was a “noob”. It’s not that you’re not allowed to have an opinion....it’s that tactfulness is lost in words. It’s left all to the reader and unfortunately that’s on you as the writer of that message to help the reader understand where you’re coming from without being a complete ******** about it. You can discuss things without being combative. You can have a different opinion every single time if you want but when the only opinion you have is different than who you are talking to it often comes off as...”I think I’m smarter than you are and always will, you are an idiot and I am a genius, I’m a rebel just because it’s fun.” It doesn’t need to be that way. This is not pointed to any one specific THPer but more of a general blanket statement from a fellow THPer who used to be that way every time I discussed anything with anyone. This is a community for everyone to enjoy and add to and listen to one another. When you stop listening....things go awry. I know this oh too well.

I also look around this wonderful place and wonder where people have gone. I get it. Life gets crazy. Things get busy and it absolutely WILL BE HERE WHEN AND IF YOU RETURN for as much or as little as you want to use it. Whether you’ve backed away because of life, because someone or something has rubbed you the wrong way or just because you don’t love it as much as you used to....remember one simple thing. THP isn’t about one group or clique of people. There isn’t a single noobie, AC member, veteran, or lifer that deserves any special kind of treatment other than respect of their fellow man/woman in this community. Simple decency goes along way. Here’s the part of this where it gets tough....everyone gets disappointed from time to time if they don’t get in events, or win contests, or given a chance to review equipment or whatever this community has done for its members in the past. As a THPer, everyone has the same odds. Everyone has the same shot and their shouldn’t be any feelings about it other than a true happiness for even being able to have a shot at experiencing some of the things THP throws at its members. It’s crazy. Entitlement is a dangerously slippery slope when it comes to things no one deserves to have. But having a true and honest feeling towards your fellow THPer that just got that opportunity over you is what makes it special..Maybe it seems contrived or forced and for some it might be. But, I’d rather believe that for most THPers there’s a real sense of excitement and joy when someone else gets in. We were all noobs at some point in time and I remember what it was like not knowing anything. Not getting “it”. It was tough to know how to be...how to act...how to interact...

So, now that everyone has fallen asleep lol �� I’ll end with this. Ive truly enjoyed my first 10,000 posts. It’s been a ride worth the time and effort now that I am able to see where Ive come from to this point. Make sure you say hi and interact with those new THPers in a way that is inviting and welcoming. Some will stay. Some will go. But THP will still be here for a very very long time as an integral part of the golf industry and the main reason golf has become such a major part of my life. The game is amazing. The game itself is maddening but also rewarding at times. But, it’s the people and community that make golf and THP so important to me.

!!!!GO BROWNS!!!!
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

RIP PinSlayer? Hahaha congrats on 10k brother

RIP PinSlayer? Hahaha congrats on 10k brother

He lays in the weeds from time to time but he has learned that having no friends and not understanding other people’s perspectives just goes against all common sense. Lol. Thanks man! Maybe catch ya at the golf show in a few weeks?

He lays in the weeds from time to time but he has learned that having no friends and not understanding other people’s perspectives just goes against all common sense. Lol. Thanks man! Maybe catch ya at the golf show in a few weeks?

That’s the plan. Gotta watch gunner beat out that awkwardly built horrible swing guy

That’s the plan. Gotta watch gunner beat out that awkwardly built horrible swing guy

Hahaha mr gunner lost some ooomph last year and yea that dudes swing is Wonnnnnkeeee

Congrats Pkorf and very well written. Here’s to the next 10k.

@PKorf congrats on the 10k brother! It’s kind of unbelievable how fortunate we’ve been and I couldn’t have handpicked a better group of guys to become as close as we all have. It’s been awesome to grow as human beings, THP’ers, and friends with you all. Cheers to many more posts and many more years of talking every day. You all know I’ve got much love for you all!

I remember that PinSlayer fella :). Guns blazen. I don’t blame him though. That dang Ohio vs. Michigan regional rivalry thread really brought out some crazy in everyone. Even at that event though it was dinner together and hugs at the end.

Back